Modding 1940 scenario to correct omissions in DH Full?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mjcopinger

Recruit
1 Badges
May 25, 2020
  • Arsenal of Democracy
Hi,

Does anyone know if / how I can mod the 1940 (Germany) scenario to correct what I think are oversights, as follows ;

(1) there is only one paratroop unit and we know that airborne were used in Holland and Belgium simultaneously so there should be at least 2.
(2) the one paratroop unit that does exist is placed 3 days march from the airfield where the transport planes are based so it's impossible to follow the original timetable, they should all be at an airfield province.
(3) there are no engineers attached to the lead panzer units in the Ardennes and we know that at the very least Sturmpionier-Battalion 43 was there handling the Meuse crossing and that 34th Assault Engineer Battalion was in action on Hill 301, the Panzerpionier-Batailion 49 were also there, attached to 10th panzer. So the scenario is missing at least 3 engineer battalions as far as I can see.
(4) the Wermacht deployed 216 Panzer III and 122 Panzer IV for Fall Gelb but these are not represented in the scenario and should be added.
(5) The rocket test facilities established in Stettin (1937) and Poland (1940) are both missing - not crucial for invading France but delays follow on plans.

If anyone can help or point me to a resource that explains how to do this it would be great. I have tried the HOI2 editors I can find online and looked at some of the files in notepad but can't see a way to achieve any of the above and its driving me crazy.

Thanks,

Mike

You need to change the inc file of the country for the scenario.
So you would need to change the germany.inc of the 1940 Fall Geld file.
Unit adjustment is simple. Just look into different inc files to get a feeling for the syntax (e.g. look for ID problems and correct strings, ectpp).
For DH they used the 7. Flieger-Division because the 1940 airborne landing were too small scaled for the HoI unit frame structure.
And to be honest the landing were not as decisive as you might think. E.g. there were a number of emergency plans for Eben Emael
(From sending storm pioneers up to simple ignore the fortress).
Rocket sides can be added by inc too but i'm not sure about the DH structure here. For TRP we have put those stuff into our national incs.
Side note here; german rocket test facility in Poland? That is new to me?

For the pioneers and Panzer models;
Pioneers are simple to add. Look at the unit syntax and the correct name for the brigade.
For the Panzer models i dont get the point here?
You are thinking about different unit models here. But to be honest DH has only the 1939 armored division (and the 1939 light armored division) and i would stay with the 1939 model because the advantage of the german armored forces was the organisation and unit structure and not the material.

Last note; INC can be modified by any text tool. I would recommend Notepad++ because it is the best tool for HoI II modding at all.

You need to change the inc file of the country for the scenario.
So you would need to change the germany.inc of the 1940 Fall Geld file.
Unit adjustment is simple. Just look into different inc files to get a feeling for the syntax (e.g. look for ID problems and correct strings, ectpp).
For DH they used the 7. Flieger-Division because the 1940 airborne landing were too small scaled for the HoI unit frame structure.
And to be honest the landing were not as decisive as you might think. E.g. there were a number of emergency plans for Eben Emael
(From sending storm pioneers up to simple ignore the fortress).
Rocket sides can be added by inc too but i'm not sure about the DH structure here. For TRP we have put those stuff into our national incs.
Side note here; german rocket test facility in Poland? That is new to me?

For the pioneers and Panzer models;
Pioneers are simple to add. Look at the unit syntax and the correct name for the brigade.
For the Panzer models i dont get the point here?
You are thinking about different unit models here. But to be honest DH has only the 1939 armored division (and the 1939 light armored division) and i would stay with the 1939 model because the advantage of the german armored forces was the organisation and unit structure and not the material.

Last note; INC can be modified by any text tool. I would recommend Notepad++ because it is the best tool for HoI II modding at all.
I'll take a look at that but so far have found .inc files difficult to navigate. On the Polish test site, it was in Leba and you can find it at atlasobsura dot com