• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

xThunderstar7

Recruit
33 Badges
Aug 8, 2021
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
Alright, so I’ve been pmaying Stellaris for a couple of years now on both Xbox One and Steam, I use the Xbox version for vanilla games and Steam for my 50 mod pack. But I’ve got a friend who got the Windows version. Now, I really wanna play with them but I cant just disable my mods, last time I did that I broke all of my saves and empires because they all had modded content. So I’m wondering if the Windows version and Steam version are capable of having different save data on the same device. My plan, if so, would be to downlod the Windows version off of Gamepass for PC and use that as a way to play Vanilla and use the newer dlcs. Any help with this would be great.

As far as I know, Steam does not support a multi-profile setup (I looked into it briefly for rolling back CK2 for a specific mod).

Generally speaking, disabling mods shouldn't inherently ruin saves unless you try to load them without reactivating the mods. With that said, you can always use a vanilla playset on the launcher and squirrel away your saves elsewhere while running vanilla. Saves are put in a consistent place - for me it's in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\save games - so you can easily copy them elsewhere for a while. Not sure about prebuilt empires, though.

Reactions:
yeah, sounds like you should be using playsets in the stellaris launcher. that's what it's there for.

Reactions: