• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to be able to limit traits and civics by class and portrait type. I'm trying to make a trait for fungoid only, but to do so I'd currently need to create a brand new archetype just for fungoids. (And adding civics based on class of portrait type is currently just impossible)

Moddable leader types. Yeah, not exactly a small change... but this would open up a lot of modding options, both for mods elaborating on Stellaris (e.g. adding ministers as in HoI4), and even moreso for total conversions (e.g. bridge crews for a Star Trek-like single-ship game, which was my inspiration for this suggestion).

I would kill for proper variable math. It's 90% of the reason why I have been so much more eager to mod non-paradox games. Even if it relied on manually locking resources and dealing with concurrency errors myself, it would make everything so much easier. I know it's unlikely due to how the engine works, but man would it be a godsend.

On that note, being able to create dynamic modifiers/values, or even dynamically assign purely static modifiers/values if the former causes update issues.

Doubling it here from dev dairy:

Please add tags or categories to civics that would restrict them.

Tags should denote behaviour of specific civic. This might be something like MUST_PURGE or DIPLOMACY_FORBIDDEN. Other civics should be able to check it (ie civic_tags = { NOT = { value = MUST_PURGE } } for syncretic species. It could also be effective to shift certain mechanics to civics files, where they are easily managed. For example, if I create new kind of civic that would forbid diplomacy like in Inward perfection, I'd have to go somewhere where rules for diplomacy are kept and overwrite it. What if instead those rules simply said "NOT = { has_civic_tag = DIPLOMACY_FORBIDDEN } - then everyone can add as many such civics as they feel like.

Category should be visible on civics and tell you you can only pick one. For example, servitors, terminators and assimilators should all have SPECIAL_MACHINE category. Should I add 10 more unique machine behaviours in my mod, they'd all have the same category instead of ever growing NOR that can't be properly coordinated between mods.

full access to the opinion modifiers in the 00_diplo_phrases.txt would be nice. As far as I can tell you cannot access the empire population sizemodifier.

I’m not sure if that covers this but I’ve done a lot of research (google, the discord, and my own experimenting) but I don’t think it’s possible to add stuff like a new determined exterminator/fanatic purifier/etc. civics. This means all of the diplomatic effects that come with it as well as a way to add a custom purge type to it.

I tried making a custom civic that was essentially determined exterminator but gave minerals (for a mineral-based species I’m making), but I wasn’t able to figure out how.

If this is already possible, I would really like to know.

Hi Dskod. Thanks for this thread. Please add these points :

1. A trigger or scope that allows a modder to determine if a given country is the game's host in multiplayer. E.g. ''is_host = yes".

2. An effect that allows a modder to count tiles, I.e. count_tiles = { limit = { triggers } value = <> }

3. An effect that allows a modder to count buildings. Same as the previous one hut more specialized.

4. Sector scopes, and especially an ability to determine sector type, income of various resources. Change sector build queues. Assign leader to sector, etc.

5. Allow soft replacement of ethics, traditions, country types and personalities.

Please allow us to remove ship options, temporarily or permanently, from an empire. We should be able to make an event to disable Battleship access for a nation for example. The most immediate use I can think of is to make only FE ships buildable after some "ascension" scenario, but this could also be used for other things, such as preventing a defeated nation from building Battleships for 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.