• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am having trouble getting a fascist coup to work on my France. Another problem I have is the game starts in '35 and I just get piles of events. Every game is started with 33% dissent on average due to all of these events and 5k in the hole as any major. Any thoughts? (Although it does make it challenging.)

I had a similar problem when I started. Go over to the Mod34 thread or Quintelosky's site and get the most recent NTL patch. Run that, see if it clears it up.

hi
im playing scandinavia and i thought that enemy troops could only attack copenhagen (from lübeck) when they control the sea zone. the problem is that i control the sea zone (main fleet stationed there') but the germans can and do attack copenhagen without interruption
this is absurd. the german fleet is destroyed. is this a bug of this mod or is it a general bug of hoi ?

Hi Bismarck1899. How do you manage to form scandinavia? I thought that in mod 33 1.5 was a bug, I mean when scandinavia appears it has only one province. As far as I remmeber in previous version an event should fire where Scandinavia annex Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland. And in 1.5 this event doesn't fire. Or is there some fix which correct this problem?

i dont know if it interests anyone but the french strategium alliance forum is quite active. it seems that some people try to improve mod 33

i´d like that. may trotzki again conquer the world or maybe wilhelm III ?!

ps: can anyone explain to me what i should do when nat china attacks me(trotzki ussr)? are there any surrender events ?

pps: im playing a game as imperial germany but im unable to research nuc waste bombe. i have exp reactor researched and built but nuc waste and the other nuc bomb techs are still grey ??? does anyone have a clue ?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I have MAJOR, MAJOR complaints re the mod34 mod:-

1) I have been trying to add event codes like code 1012, once in a very great while, in order to counteract the fact that I sometimes miss finding out when a technology has been researched, with the result that I often miss a whole day of research before I find out. Because the evil Mod34 forbids me from adding in event codes artificially so as to correct this occasional mistake, I thus routinely miss out 1+ day's research for 1 field every so often, unless I reload from the latest autosave. It sucks big time when I have to do this every few months simply because I allowed notification of things like events from other countries' for curiosity's sake! And if I don't do this long-winded way of correcting things, the AI would eventually end up so far ahead re techs that I would inevitably lose all the time. What's the point?!!!

2) The whole point of mods is to allow people to alter the original game to a certain extent. I, for example, wanted desperately to be able to add new artificial(SMEP=derived) events giving Italy cores on Savoy and Nice(which is historical as they originally belonged to Italy) and Germany cores on Slovenia, South Tyrol and German Switzerland - all historically plausible for various obvious reasons. But I can't do this solely because the originator of Mod34 decided outrageously to ban all such artificial event codes. At least the vanilla version and some of the other mods like AOD have had the integrity to allow such event codes to be added. This is absolutely disgraceful!!!

1) I have been trying to add event codes like code 1012, once in a very great while, in order to counteract the fact that I sometimes miss finding out when a technology has been researched, with the result that I often miss a whole day of research before I find out. Because the evil Mod34 forbids me from adding in event codes artificially so as to correct this occasional mistake, I thus routinely miss out 1+ day's research for 1 field every so often, unless I reload from the latest autosave. It sucks big time when I have to do this every few months simply because I allowed notification of things like events from other countries' for curiosity's sake! And if I don't do this long-winded way of correcting things, the AI would eventually end up so far ahead re techs that I would inevitably lose all the time. What's the point?!!!

2) The whole point of mods is to allow people to alter the original game to a certain extent. I, for example, wanted desperately to be able to add new artificial(SMEP=derived) events giving Italy cores on Savoy and Nice(which is historical as they originally belonged to Italy) and Germany cores on Slovenia, South Tyrol and German Switzerland - all historically plausible for various obvious reasons. But I can't do this solely because the originator of Mod34 decided outrageously to ban all such artificial event codes. At least the vanilla version and some of the other mods like AOD have had the integrity to allow such event codes to be added. This is absolutely disgraceful!!!

What are you talking about, this is mod 33..

Does this mod work with JSGME? Is there any problem with NoTimeLimit patch and JSGME?

And BWT, what is the difference between "True historical" scenario and "Dark years" scenario?

Last edited:
Does this mod work with JSGME? Is there any problem with NoTimeLimit patch and JSGME?

And BWT, what is the difference between "True historical" scenario and "Dark years" scenario?

Yes, and since JSGME doesn't interact with the executable, you have to apply NTL to the root directory for the game; it shouldn't affect the other mod files.

Hi. I am playing as USA in dark years scenario and I've encountered with one problem. Here is the situation: year 1944, Japan have already capitulated and joined with Allied forces againts Germany (by the way in this game Germany have chosen to monarchy instead of Hitlerims). also USSR have lost it's war againts Axis forces in 1943. So my US Armies pushed to Berlin from three directions: 1) From France; 2)From Italy; 3) Some Parts of my armies who were ordered to liberate ex-soviet territories. Finnaly I've reached Berlin and what a surprise there is no event about Capturing Berlin. As far as I remember event "Capture Berlin" should fire and after this event should be event about Germany capitulation. But it didn't fired. The main point that after these events (Captured Berlin and German capitulation), there should be events about Europe Liberation, that was the goal of my game. I mean I want to create the whole democratic Europe including Ukraine and Russia. Maybe someone had similirar problem playing in last version of Mod 33?

Last edited:

You're kidding, aren't you? I haven't played this mod for a long time but as I remember it, they've changed many events from vanilla HOI2 and the new events have new event codes.

No one has done anything to spoil your gaming experience.

If you really desire it, you could dive into the mod's event files and find what events you want to manually fire. But be prepared to try and decipher the events.

If you feel tempted to complain that you can't untangle the web of event files, I want you to bear in mind that these wonderful people have spent many hours of their free time writing a game mode and are sharing it with you from the goodness of their hearts for your gaming pleasure. I'm sure that if you ask nicely they might be able to point you to where you can find the events you want to fire.

Also, you lost one game day for tech research? Oh dear, that's a major life crisis... what real effect on your ingame nation do you think that will have?

Have you switched on the notification for tech research completing? Or are you missing it because you get flooded with event notifications due to what you switched on? Well it's up to you to decide what notfications come up in the game.

Cheers,
Sword

Hi. I am playing as USA in dark years scenario and I've encountered with one problem. Here is the situation: year 1944, Japan have already capitulated and joined with Allied forces againts Germany (by the way in this game Germany have chosen to monarchy instead of Hitlerims). also USSR have lost it's war againts Axis forces in 1943. So my US Armies pushed to Berlin from three directions: 1) From France; 2)From Italy; 3) Some Parts of my armies who were ordered to liberate ex-soviet territories. Finnaly I've reached Berlin and what a surprise there is no event about Capturing Berlin. As far as I remember event "Capture Berlin" should fire and after this event should be event about Germany capitulation. But it didn't fired. The main point that after these events (Captured Berlin and German capitulation), there should be events about Europe Liberation, that was the goal of my game. I mean to create the whole democratic Europe including Ukraine and Russia. Maybe someone face similirar problem playing in last version of Mod 33?

I assume that it will need some time for the event to fire. wait one or two month and if it wont fire during that time then i will look it up for you.i think most events are written in french thats why its not so easy. ok lad ?!

in my game with the soviet union i was already in the normandy when the german surrender event fired

I think I remember Koenig somewhere saying that if someone was willing to do the translations then it would be? Correct me if I'm wrong.

That is correct but the problem is that you need sveral people who can speak french and english on a certain level. There were always one or two but it never really got anywhere but if you want to try it good luck