• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now, when we have new DLC and improved Norse, I would really, really! love to see some new titles added in there. What I think right now is adding kingdoms from Consolidation of Sweden mod - Kingdom of Götaland and Kingdom of Norrland. It was a nice addition there and I would like to be able to form Geatish kingdom as replacement of Swedish... even if PI didn't support different "Gautar" country and culture (but what are mods for, right? ;)).

Last edited:
As I said, I don't have TOG so I can't really be messing on with anything before 1066 so thing like that might be a while. For now I have got round to adding a North Sea Empire. To create it you need :Sjaelland + King of Denmark + King Norway + (King of England or King of Northumbria). Also, Northumbria can be formed by norse culture aswell as saxon now, since it did have a long period of norse rule.

Another new empire is the Gaelic Empire(i knew I'd get Ireland out of Britannia somehow :) ), the recipe aswell as the standard territory requirement is Character is Celtic + Kingdom of Ireland + (Kingdom of Scotland or Kingdom of Wales) + Any Other Kingdom.

Duchy of Hannover? DUCHY OF HANNOVER?

I know it's ahistorical, but YES. I'm sold.

That'll teach those upstart hanse-membership-stealing, soon-ranked-higher-than-hannover-in-soccer Braunschweigians!

As I said, I don't have TOG so I can't really be messing on with anything before 1066 so thing like that might be a while.

I guess I didn't explain it, as you probably don't know about Consolidation of Sweden mod.

The aim is to weaken Sweden a little and make it somewhat more interesting to play the king of Sweden, for example the Geatish dukes and counts will be more rebellious, just like the northern Swedish lords. Throughout my personal testing I have found that it does not weaken Sweden too much (They can still hold their own against Denmark or Norway and conquer Finland), it just makes the realm a bit more unstable.

All changes were for 1066 start date. This is interesting in perspective of both 867, when catholic kingdom of Sweden didn't exist yet, AND 1066 year, letting some changes in gameplay (f.e. division of Sweden while revolt). It is also pretty historical, specially because term of "King of the Goths/Geats" was used officially by Swedish kings until 1970's, when current king Charles XVI Gustav resigned from extended titulary. The title was also adopted later by Danish kings, beginning from Valdemar Atterdag until queen Margarethe II [Wiki link].

From 1.10, after adding some provinces in Småland, Kingdom of Götaland (Gautland?) would suit much better than previously. And yet, when thinking about 867, where we might yet discuss about separate Geatish nation in Scandinavia, it would let to alter the later game. But I wouldn't resign from original concept of Wallain to let those kingdoms appear in de iure map in 1066 (and maybe later) as well.

Last edited:
Any idea when we can expect a new version?

Problem is that John didn't even update it to 1.11.

I've been thinking of doing it (for) myself, but in the end it appeared I've lacked of time - they announced 2.0 and SoA and I quitted.

This mod has always been at base a personal project for myself that I thought I might aswell share but I simply don't play anymore, except for the occaisional multiplayer bout, so I haven't had any incentive to keep it up to date for a long, long time.

If someone else wants to take it up, you have my blessing. :)

Alright, well, thanks for letting me know. It was a great mod while it lasted! If anyone does continue it, I'd appreciate a heads up. :)

I know gaelic empire is one but what if Brittany or wales forms it, name wouldn't make sense for em. Granted now with the title editor you wouldn't have to worry about it. Although I heard Britannia is originally a Brythonic term for the british isles.

I could be wrong though!

I know gaelic empire is one but what if Brittany or wales forms it, name wouldn't make sense for em. Granted now with the title editor you wouldn't have to worry about it. Although I heard Britannia is originally a Brythonic term for the british isles.

I could be wrong though!

Pretty sure Britannia is latin?

If i remember correctly, Prydain (or some variant of that spelling) is the brythonic name for britain

If someone else wants to take it up, you have my blessing. :)

Ugh, argh!!! Why I'm so out of time lately?! I'd love to continue it, but I've had even no time to keep alive the other mod I've taken lead... :(

If no one will be interested in it until January, then maybe I can make a move... but no promises!