• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can't we have a Kingdom of the Isles? I'd say it fits all your criteria. It would be cool borders (the islands of Irish Channel as well as Caithness), it's insanely cool (just listen to the name!) and it's historically plausible. Kingdom of the Isles please. Anyone with me?

New Version uploaded, see first post for info + download.

I don't suppose you might consider changeing Empire of Scandiavia to Empire of Nordmannia?
Nordmannia was the name used at the HRE court to describe the Danish sphere of influnence(was used quite frequently in the 700-1100 timepriode), no idea wheter it was used in scandiavia(no written sources until around the 1050s) or if it was simply a label put on the region by the HRE, but I still think it fits the timeperiode much better.

Ive not heard of Nordmannia before so I'd be reluctant to apply it, plus I just prefer Scandinavia. If you want to apply it yourself though, it's pretty easy. Just go into the mod directory, open up the localisation folder and then the file morekingdoms.csv with any text editor, notepad works fine. In there you should see an entry e_scandinavia; just change the words inbetween the ;'s to Nordmannia and then that's how it'll appear ingame.

Can't we have a Kingdom of the Isles? I'd say it fits all your criteria. It would be cool borders (the islands of Irish Channel as well as Caithness), it's insanely cool (just listen to the name!) and it's historically plausible. Kingdom of the Isles please. Anyone with me?

I don't really want to add anymore kingdoms to Albion or potentially nerf Scotland, but what I can do (since the King of Isles was very real and very cool) is make it so that the duchy and duke of the isles is refered to ingame as a Kingdom.

I don't really want to add anymore kingdoms to Albion or potentially nerf Scotland, but what I can do (since the King of Isles was very real and very cool) is make it so that the duchy and duke of the isles is refered to ingame as a Kingdom.

Would Scotland really be nerfed because of it? And I know you've already changed so there's no point in changing back, but why Northumbria rather than the Isles? (not questioning, but curious.)

Thanks for the mod BTW, it's all I hoped for and more!

Would Scotland really be nerfed because of it? And I know you've already changed so there's no point in changing back, but why Northumbria rather than the Isles? (not questioning, but curious.)

Thanks for the mod BTW, it's all I hoped for and more!

I dont know if nerf is the right word, but having less de jure land could make things more awkward for Scotland in the long run.

As to why Northumbria: Three main reasons, 1. I think it's cool. 2. It's where I'm from. 3. The game start at the Norman Conquest of England, one of the things William the Bastard did after the conquest was to put down a rebellion in the North, and he didn't just do it by defeating some rebel armies, he burned villages to the ground, salted farmland, massacred the peasants that sort of thing. It's not too inconceivable that some of the saxon lords would want to reassert their ancient rights and restore the old kingdom. :)

Hi there. :)

I borrowed your graphics for Cumberland, Hellas and Anatolia. I hope that's okay.

I tried your mod and I like it (for example, I copied your suggestion of making Cumberland a proper duchy) but I'm not keen on your idea of removing the kingdom of Germany and adding kingdom titles to German stem duchies... but it's each to his or her own and so that's cool of course. :happy:

Just wanted to say hi and that your work is very good.

Hi there. :)

I borrowed your graphics for Cumberland, Hellas and Anatolia. I hope that's okay.

I tried your mod and I like it (for example, I copied your suggestion of making Cumberland a proper duchy) but I'm not keen on your idea of removing the kingdom of Germany and adding kingdom titles to German stem duchies... but it's each to his or her own and so that's cool of course. :happy:

Just wanted to say hi and that your work is very good.

I don't mind you using the mod in whole or in part, all I ask is a credit and a link. :)

Also, in return, mind if I steal Trebizond and the Irish titles?

I don't mind you using the mod in whole or in part, all I ask is a credit and a link. :)

Also, in return, mind if I steal Trebizond and the Irish titles?
Sure. In fact I have found out how to do another cool thing with titles; if I can get it working I will show you how to do it here and you can use some. (You may already know, but if not it'll be useful).

But yeah, use any of my stuff you like. I will put your name in my next version as a credit. (I can't make graphics for this game because I only have MS Paint).

For whatever reason, this mod isn't working for me at all even when loaded up by itself. The HRE is intact, to my great annoyance :(.

Any advice? I can post screen or anything else needed.

For whatever reason, this mod isn't working for me at all even when loaded up by itself. The HRE is intact, to my great annoyance :(.

Any advice? I can post screen or anything else needed.

The HRE is intact? If you mean that it exists at game start then I think you've misunderstood the nature of the mod. I've only added titles that a player or AI can go on to form, none of them are present by default, only the original ones.

The HRE is intact? If you mean that it exists at game start then I think you've misunderstood the nature of the mod. I've only added titles that a player or AI can go on to form, none of them are present by default, only the original ones.

Ah I understand. For whatever reason I made the assumption that the modification breaks up the HRE as it now includes Germany divided:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?587749

Never mind my request.

Ah I understand. For whatever reason I made the assumption that the modification breaks up the HRE as it now includes Germany divided:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?587749

Never mind my request.

No problem, although I don't think Divided Germany actually divides the HRE up either, just the title of kingdom of germany. :)

If your looking to get rid of the HRE, you might want to check our Shattered Europe, although since that makes every county independent, perhaps a little too divided?

Hey John, what did you have in mind by the way of unique titles?

So far I have used prince for Achaea, Wales, Wallachia, Moldavia and Asturias. I'm also toying with titular king titles for some of the lesser Iberian kingdoms.

I thought if you helped me compile a list of which realms could do with some unique titles then I could compile the changes and we could use them in our mods? I thought that made sense as presumably we'd be using a lot of the same ones anyway.

Well now that Mass Effect 3 and the resulting depression from it's terrible ending are over I've returned to playing and modding, thus;

UPDATE! See first post for details. :D

Thank you for this awesome mod!
Can you please update it with new kingdoms for mongols.

Golden Horde historically it had two hordes in itself. While in game Golden Horde is Empire they can be made as kingdoms.

Blue Horde (in game duchy of Tyumen and duchy of Aqtobe) - available only for mongol culture. First king Orda khan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orda_Khan) In game he is duke of Tyumen.

White Horde (in game duchy of Itil) - available only for mongol culture. First king Batu khan (in game he is khan of Golden Horde, so he can have both titles)

I'm not quite sure what you are asking for there, the mongols kind of show up dynamically unless you pick a historic start with them in it so I dont really want to mess with any events or title histories beyond what i've done already, I might break something.

Could it be possible to add a Northsea kingdom incoporatin orkney faroe iceland and any other islands i've forgotten in that are