• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

John Forseti

Northumbrian Nationalist
112 Badges
Jan 13, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • For the Motherland
[MOD] Yet More Kingdoms(And Empires) v3.0

Description;

A boatload of new titles, titular and de jure that I thought would be fun and cool to see. Historical accuracy and plausibility is not a big concern here.

Includes my Missing Flag Project

Inspiration;
After seeing Criss Cross' Greek Kingdoms mod and Darrigan's Lowland and Lotharingia mod I got inspired and started creating some of my own Kingdoms, and then Empires and then thought I might share the results so that's basically what this is, a collection of new titles that I thought would be fun and cool, if not nessecarily accurate or particularly plausible.

NEW: Updated 02/06/2013 - Latest version 5.1 for patch 1.10

New De Jure Titles;

Empire of Albion (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox(Britannia))
Empire of Scandinavia (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox)
Empire of Iberia (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox(Hispania))
Empire of Russia (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox)
Empire of Dacia (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox(Carpathia))
Roman Empire (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox(Italia))
Empire of Caucasia
Baltic Empire (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox(Wendish))
Empire of Africa
Gaelic Empire

Kingdom of Northumbria
Kingdom of Nevarre (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox)
Kingdom of Lotharingia (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox)
Kingdom of Greece (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox)
Kingdom of Anatolia (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox)
Kingdom of Krimea (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox)
Kingdom of Alania (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox)
Kingdom of Saxony
Kingdom of Pomerania (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox)
Kingdom of Bavaria (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox)
Kingdom of Prussia
Kingdom of Numidia
Kingdom of Dumnonia

Duchy of Cumberland (Made Formable)
Duchy of Lindsey (Completely fictional duchy, Lindsey was one of the ancient saxon kingdoms - but I wanted the duchy of York in kingdom of Northumbria but didn't want it to spread that far south so split it up)
Duchy of La Mancha(I wanted Castille to have another duchy to compensate for loosing Nevarre, no idea how historical it is or isn't)
Duchy of Julich (To make Lotharingia's borders pretty)
Duchy of Ossetia
Duchy of Sarpa
Duchy of Schwyz
Duchy of Corsica
Duchy of Hannover
Duchy of Atlas
Duchy of Amman
Duchy of Kuwait
Duchy of Rhodes

New Formable Titular Titles

Empire of Outremer
Empire of Ethiopia (Added de jure in patch to vanilla by Paradox(Abysinnia))
North Sea Empire

Kingdom of the Isles (Exists at start because it's historical and totally cool)
Kingdom of Occitania
Kingdom of Savoy
Kingdom of Helvetica
Kingdom of Achaea
Kingdom of Thessaly
Kingdom of Trebizond (reactivated ability to form it)
Kingdom of Naples (reactivated ability to form it)
Kingdom of Trinacria (reactivated ability to form it)
Kingdom of Jourdain
Kingdom of Mercia
Kingdom of Wessex
Kingdom of Iceland
Kingdom of Sardinia
Kingdom of Spain
Kingdom of Flanders
Kingdom of Greece
Kingdom of Moravia (Added in patch to vanilla by Paradox)
Kingdom of Crete
Kingdom of Normandy
Kingdom of Azerbaijan
Grand Principality of Muscovy
Archduchy of Austria

Download
View attachment Yet More Titles.zip

Compatibility
Works with base Crusader Kings up to latest patch (1.10)
Should work incorporated into any mod that doesn't alter landed_titles.txt or certain title histories.

History
v 1.00 -
Added Titles;
Empire of Albion
Empire of Scandinavia
Empire of Iberia
Kingdom of Northumberland
Kingdom of Occitania
Kingdom of Lotharingia
Kingdom of Hellas
Kingdom of Anatolia
Kingdom of Krimea
Duchy of Lindsey
Duchy of La Mancha
Duchy of Julich

Altered Titles;
Kingdom of Nevarra - Made de jure
Kingdom of Andalusia - Removed muslim requirement
Duchy of York - Lost counties to Lindsey
Duchy of Cumberland - Made de jure
Duchy of Koln - Lost counties to Julich
Duchy of Cordoba - Lost counties to La Mancha

v 1.10 -
Added Titles;
Empire of Rus
Kingdom of Novgorod
Kingdom of Muscovy
Kingdom of Kiev
Kingdom of Alania
Duchy of Sarba

Altered Titles;
Kingdom of Rus - Replaced with Empire of Rus
Duchy of Alania - Replaced with Duchy of Ossetia
Duchy of Ossetia - Lost counties to Duchy of Sarba
Duchy of Abkhazia - Lost counties to Duchy of Sarba

v 1.20 -
Added Titles;
Kingdom of Saxony
Kingdom of Pomerania
Kingdom of Brandenburg
Kingdom of Bavaria
Kingdom of Helvetica
Duchy of Bern
Duchy of Schwyz

Altered Titles;
Byzantine Empire - Lost Kingdoms of Sicily, Jerusalem and Syria
Holy Roman Empire - Gained Kingdom of Helvetica
Kingdom of Germany - Replaced with Kingdom of Swabia
Kingdom of Cyprus - Made de jure
Kingdom of Armenia - Gained Duchy of Antioch
Duchy of Burgundy - Lost titles to Duchy of Upper Burgundy
Duchy of Upper Burgundy - Lost titles to Duchy of Bern & Duchy of Schwyz
Duchy of Upper Burgundy - Replaced with Duchy of Nevers
Duchy of Savoie - Lost county to Duchy of Bern
Duchy of Sevilla - Lost counties to Duchy of Cordoba
Duchy of Antioch - Lost county to Duchy of Tripoli, Gained county from Duchy of Aleppo

Other;
Tonnes of colour changes :)

v 1.30 -
Added Titles;
Kingdom of Trebizond
Kingdom of Prussia
Empire of Levant

Altered Titles;
Kingdom of the Isles - An unused titular title, added to the start appropriately
Kingdom of Anatolia - Lost Duchy of Armeniacon to new Kingdom of Trebizond
Kingdom of Armenia - Lost Duchy of Trebizond to new Kingdom of Trebizond
Kingdom of Finland - Lost Duchy of Estonia to Kingdom of Lithuania
Duchy of Livonia - Lost county to Duchy of Estonia
Duchy of Estonia - Lost county to Duchy of Karelia
Duchy of Karelia - Lost county to Duchy of Finland
Duchy of Trebizond - renamed to Trabezous for fun
Duchy of Syria - Gained county from Duchy of Mosul
Duchy of Arabia Petrae - Gained county from Duchy of Arabia Felix, Lost counties to Duchy of Damascus and Duchy of Oultrejourdain
Duchy of Ascalon - Gained county from Duchy of Oultrejourdain
Duchy of Galilee - Gained county from Duchy of Damascus
Duchy of Samos - Lost county to Duchy of Aegean Isles
Duchy of Volhynia - Lost county to Duchy of Mazovia

Other;
More colour changes

v 1.40 -
Added Titles;
Kingdoms of Frisia, Brittany, Galicia and Aquitaine incorporated from patch 1.05e
Duchy of Broerc - Created fron Duchy of Brittany's eastern two provinces making Kingdom of Brittany have two duchies

other;
Innumberable minor additions incorporating changes from patch 1.05e

v 2.00 -
Added Titles;
Danubian Empire
Nova Imperium Romanum
Kingdom of Azerbaijan
Kingdom of Savoy
Kingdom of Dumnonia
Kingdom of Achaea
Kingdom of Thessaly
Duchy of Corsica
Duchy of Hannover

Altered Titles;
Some duchies, such as Broerec removed in patch incorporation

other;
Incorporated v1.06 patch
Various border, name/localisation and colour changes

v 2.10 -
Added Titles;
Empire of Caucasia
Titular Kingdom of Jourdain
Titular Kingdom of Mercia
Titular Kingdom of Wessex

Altered Titles;
Creation conditions of Empire of Francia changed, rather than any Kingdom not in the de jure area, the Kingdom of Lotharingia is required
Creation conditions of Kingdom of Naples changed, cannot be King or duke of Sicily

Other;
Various localisations fixes/changes

v 2.20 -
Added Titles;
Baltic Empire
Titular Empire of Outremer
Titular Empire of Ethiopia

Kingdom of Numidia
Titular Kingdom of Iceland
Titular Kingdom of Sardinia

Altered Titles;
Taurike(Taurica) added to East Roman Empire(Byzantine)

Other;
Minor localisation edits and colour changes

v 2.30 -
Added Titles;
Titular Kingdom of Spain
Titular Kingdom of Flanders
Titular Kingdom of Greece
Titular Kingdom of Moravia
Titular Kingdom of Crete

Duchy of Atlas

Altered Titles;
Duchies of Alger and Kabylia(however it's spelt) messed about with to make room for Duchy of Atlas
Duchy of Azov taken from Kingdom of Taurike(Taurica) and added to Kingdom of Alania

Other;
Minor localisation edits and colour changes

v 3.00 -
Added Titles;
Titular Kingdom of Normandy

Altered Titles;
Byzantine Empire regains Kingdoms of Sicily and Croatia, looses Taurica
Dumnonia makes it to the de jure map, meaning Wales loses the Duchy of Cornwall

Other;
Various minor localisation changes
Addition of Greek localised titles for flavour
Minor colour changes
Kingdom of Alania exists at start, as it should.
Experimentally made some of Egypts' shia provinces start sunni and made shia a sunni heresy

Changes to Imperial Restoration;
There are now two Imperial Reconquest CBs, one for Byz and one for Rome;
The Byzantine one basically allows you to restore Justinian's borders.
The Roman one can target the rest, restoring up to Trajan's borders.
Restoring the Roman Empire should give the Holy Roman Emperor a nasty surprise.

v 4.00 -
Updated to patch 1.09 from ground up, so pretty much v3 without the imperial restoration and fatamid stuff

v 4.10 -
Added Titles;
Titular Kingdom(Grand Principality) of Muscovy
Titular Kingdom(Archduchy) of Austria

Altered Titles;
Duchy of Sarpa gets a nicer name - now the Duchy of Circasia
Kingdom of Azerbaijan made titular - need Altaic culture and hold Azerbaijan county

Changes to CBs;
Byzantium gets the previous reconquest CB, letting them take the requisites for the resoration of Rome
Roman Empire reconquest extended a little bit and can be used against muslims
Muslim Invasion and Holy War can no longer be used against Miaphysites

Other;
Some duchy colour changes to match their kingdoms
Russian title localisation removed, replaced with special custom titles. This way if a russian inherits Byzantium for example, the douxs wont suddenly be ruling grand principalities.
Resoring the Roman Empire should now properly give the Holy Roman Emperor a nasty surprise

v 5.0 -
Updated to new 1.10 patch

v 5.1 -
CURRENT
Added Gaelic Empire and North Sea Empire

Installation

Simply extract the contents of the zip file into the mod directory where you installed the game too. You should then be able to select it from the launcher when starting the game.

Maps;

Kingdoms
2wd3khd.jpg

Only additions are named, titular titles are in brackets.

Empires
2quhftw.jpg

Only additions are named, titular titles are in brackets.

Notes

I am very happy to listen to suggestions, even about historical accuracy and plausibility, but please be aware my primary considerations are nice borders and the rule of cool so even if I agree something would be more accurate, I'm not nessecarily going to incorporate it.

Also feel free to use the mod in whole or in part in any way you'd like.

Misc

Please feel free to share screenshots and if you make an AAR I'd love to add a link to it.

Last edited:
I love this :)
You just gave me a reason to play as one of the nations i've been the least interested in, France/England/Germany.
I think i'll spend all night working towards forming Occitania :)

Keep up the 'ideology' of having this be a lite "just-add-more-dejour-stuff" mod, i also did not like the map changes and stuff in the other mod.
Will you add some more kingdoms to the russian areas, and the middle east? And a sort of Rus and Arabian Caliphate empire?
Def my fav add-kingdoms-and-empires mod so far :)

I was using the Ambitions mod (that adds "Become King" etc), and there was one instance where i saw some bug in the tooltips in this mod though.
I can't remember but i think i was hovering over the Albion.........stuff... And it said " of Wales" where it should have said "King of Wales" or something like it did for the other vanilla regions.. I think it was the required titles to form tooltip.

Last edited:
I've started working on kingdom mod myself, but since you basically did the work for me I won't bother finishing it ^^

Do you have any plans for splitting Germany into smaller kingdoms?

This is what I've done so far:

ck2_4.jpg
I more-or-less modeled them after the stem duchies of the HRE but reduced them in number, merging smaller duchies into larger ones.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Holy_Roman_Empire_1000_map-en.svg

I love this :)
You just gave me a reason to play as one of the nations i've been the least interested in, France/England/Germany.
I think i'll spend all night working towards forming Occitania :)

Keep up the 'ideology' of having this be a lite "just-add-more-dejour-stuff" mod, i also did not like the map changes and stuff in the other mod.
Will you add some more kingdoms to the russian areas, and the middle east? And a sort of Rus and Arabian Caliphate empire?
Def my fav add-kingdoms-and-empires mod so far :)

Thanks very much, I had planned at some point to do a russian empire, it's even in the localisation file. Not really add more kingdoms though because I sort of like the idea of a Rurikovich trying recreate Rus. Now that I think about it though, I could change Rus to an empire level and then make a few Kingdoms inside it, perhaps a Muscovy and a Kiev? As to the middle east, that's not really my area at all so I'm completely open to suggestions.

I was using the Ambitions mod (that adds "Become King" etc), and there was one instance where i saw some bug in the tooltips in this mod though.
I can't remember but i think i was hovering over the Albion.........stuff... And it said " of Wales" where it should have said "King of Wales" or something like it did for the other vanilla regions.. I think it was the required titles to form tooltip.

I've seen that aswell when I started in 1066 but when i started at a later bookmark it was fine so I assume it has something to do with the title "king of wales" not yet existing therefore it's not sure what localisation to use(king/sultan etc.).

Just what I was looking for! Terrific work. :D

Is it possible that Alania can be turned into a kingdom? I believe that's what they technically were.

Thanks also. :)

Alania is the one just north of Georgia right? I was thinking of adding that to Georgia for pretty borders but it's really easy to make a kingdom from it, I'll have a read up on the Alans and see what I think.

nice, but you should chance Albion into Great Brittain and als get Ireland in it.

Thanks.

Albion is another word that was used in medieval times to refer to the island of Great Britain, which doesn't include the island of Ireland. Also, the Irish aren't Britons(Well, neither is anyone but the welsh really, but nevermind that ;) ), so I'm not sure what the King of the Britons would be doing going around claiming the irish as his de jure subjects.

Nice! I like mods which add more Empires and Kingdoms. A Occitain kingdom is what I've been looking for the most.

Thankyou, I'm glad you like it. At the moment the only restriction to forming Occitannia(besides defaults) is having a ruler of Occitan culture, do you think there should be more? I was thinking of requiring holding either the Duchy of Toulouse or the Duchy of Aquitaine, perhaps both?

I've started working on kingdom mod myself, but since you basically did the work for me I won't bother finishing it ^^

Do you have any plans for splitting Germany into smaller kingdoms?

This is what I've done so far:

ck2_4.jpg
I more-or-less modeled them after the stem duchies of the HRE but reduced them in number, merging smaller duchies into larger ones.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Holy_Roman_Empire_1000_map-en.svg

I hadn't really planned on it, I liked the idea of a Kingdom of Germany since the title did run around a bit at the time, but those look really cool. :)

Perhaps we could add them but make the Kingdom of Germany a titular title and give it to the Holy Roman Emperor? Although if theres a king title active inside the HRE would that make Dukes inellegible as electors?

Perhaps we could add them but make the Kingdom of Germany a titular title and give it to the Holy Roman Emperor? Although if theres a king title active inside the HRE would that make Dukes inellegible as electors?

If we add titular king of the germans then we might as well add a titular king of italy as well since the emperor held that title too. Although it would be problematic if they somehow ended up in different hands, one guy being emperor and another king of the germans ^^
Would be neat to be able to attach titles to one other, but I'm guessing there is no such feature =P

I haven't checked myself but I'm pretty sure both kings and dukes can vote either way. The AI creates Bohemia quite often and I'm sure we would have noticed if the emperor and bohemia were the only allowed to vote for imperial laws

Edit: Dukes ARE allowed to vote, I checked as Bohemia, but kings get more votes. As duke of bohemia I had 15 votes, as king of bohemia I had 19.

Last edited:
If we add titular king of the germans then we might as well add a titular king of italy as well since the emperor held that title too.

I haven't checked myself but I'm pretty sure both kings and dukes can vote either way. The AI creates Bohemia quite often and I'm sure we would have noticed if the emperor and bohemia were the only allowed to vote for imperial laws

Maybe, but for all it being Holy Roman, the HRE seems a very German thing and I have the impression that the Italians weren't it's greatest fans so having a seperate italian kingdom and letting Germany be a titular one feels more right to me.

I really like those German Kingdoms though so I don't think it'll hold me back from implementing them at some point if you still dont mind, probably as alternate/submod as you suggested in the PM. :)

Wow what's going on in the North of England? If you're going to have that in, at least call it Northumbria.

Updated. Added an empire of Rus with three sub-kingdoms aswell as the Kingdom of Alania, converting the old duchy into two Ossetia and Sarba. If you have better suggestions for names I'm all ears. :)

Also at the moment these new additions have no new flags, just copies of their "under-titles" if anyone feels like making some that'd be lovely.

Wow what's going on in the North of England? If you're going to have that in, at least call it Northumbria.

You can only form it if you are saxon, it being an old Anglo-Saxon kingdom(and add the requirement to be independant aswell if I knew how) and as perhaps the only Northumbrian nationalist in existance I couldn't resist. Given the north rebelled so hard against William the Bastard after the conquest that he had to effectively commit genocide to bring it back under control then it I don't think it's even that far fetched. I agree Northumbria might be a more accurate name, and typically I'd prefer it, but I just really liked the idea of it matchign with Scotland and England.

Great mod! Greatly enjoyed forming the Empire of Albion. Might give Iberia a bash next.

Thanks very much, I'm glad people are enjoying it. :)

I'd like to see something along the lines of Poland-Lithuania, or any new empires in eastern Europe.

I think you can pretty much have poland-lithuania by having both Kingdom titles, isn't that sort of how it worked anyway before the commonwealth?

I agree Northumbria might be a more accurate name, and typically I'd prefer it, but I just really liked the idea of it matchign with Scotland and England.

Do we call it Franceland now too? :p

Thankyou, I'm glad you like it. At the moment the only restriction to forming Occitannia(besides defaults) is having a ruler of Occitan culture, do you think there should be more? I was thinking of requiring holding either the Duchy of Toulouse or the Duchy of Aquitaine, perhaps both?

I think a good restriction would be holding both Ducky titles. This would prevent the AI forming the kingdom themselves too soon and splitting France up.

I would suggest moving Brittany into a kingdom of its own given the fact that France did not have control over the region at this point in history!