• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did make a change to the baronies of the whole Novigrad duchy but I can't remember if it ever made it into the mod or not. It's bugged me too, man, only because the Polish book names are less relatable and less memorable than the Witcher 3 names.
I thought about putting it up on workshop as an opt-in submod but am still not sure on how to upload it there.

In the meantime, I'm playing around with the idea of changing some place names with those found in Thronebreaker - though I still need to complete my playthrough of it :D

I use your culture and race with the generator (to make a world populated with dwarf, dryad, elvens etc) because a want some diversity.
My question is can I publish it on the workshop ?
It use some of your events, traits and cultures and allow them to be used by the generator

I use your culture and race with the generator (to make a world populated with dwarf, dryad, elvens etc) because a want some diversity.
My question is can I publish it on the workshop ?
It use some of your events, traits and cultures and allow them to be used by the generator

Sorry, I can't give you such permission.
If it was an isolated feature or graphical asset, you could request it to the creator of such element (see credits.txt file in the mod folder).
But as soon as it's a bigger chunk of the mod and given its size, it's much harder to know which content was integrated with permissions from other mods or even who to ask.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes; how do the towers work? I mean I can't colonize them or conquer them, so without console commands, how do I get one to give to my sorcerer/sorceress?

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes; how do the towers work? I mean I can't colonize them or conquer them, so without console commands, how do I get one to give to my sorcerer/sorceress?

Sorcerer (NPC) move in and out of them, mostly tied to gold. You as a player can't own them.

Hi Romulien, I am Ardin, the one who contacted you on the Steam workshop. Here I send my portrait proposals for Sigfried of Denesle. There are two images, each one in 152x152 and in a slightly higher resolution. I hope my very little contribution will be helpful to the mod.
Sigfried CK2 1 1.jpg
Sigfried CK2 1 2.jpg
Sigfried CK2 1 3.jpg
Sigfried CK2 1 4.jpg

Witcher Kings 0.10.0 - The Witcher 3 update - is now released, and compatible with vanilla 3.0.1 !
Mod checksum: 3.0.1 (HLBR)
It is NOT save-compatible with any previous version.

Some work included in this version started 1 year 1/2 ago (in July 2017 !), so it's quite an important milestone for the mod.
Modders that have directly contributed to this release: ajjr1996 (testing), Audiate (Skellige map redesign), Romulien (compatching), TerryDuke (bugfixing), TLMC (W3 bookmark)
If you want to help out with the mod, there's a lot to do (societies, artifacts, ...) - contact me.

For any questions check out first the mod wiki page: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Witcher_Kings
And don't hesitate to report bugs, or provide feedback and ideas !

Automatic .exe installer (recommended for Windows): Witcher_Kings_0.10.0.exe.zip

Installation instructions:
- Launch the Witcher_Kings_0.10.0.exe
- Select your CK2 mod folder, in case it is not the default one (Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod)
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Launch CK2
- Select the mod "Witcher Kings" in the Mod tab
- Play!

Manual install (Windows/Linux/Mac): Witcher_Kings_0.10.0.zip

Installation instructions:
- Very important: remove any Witcher mod folder and .mod file inside Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod
- Clear your gfx cache, by deleting the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\Witcher\gfx
- Extract the downloaded zip archive
- Copy its content (Witcher.mod file and Witcher folder) to Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod
- Launch CK2
- Select the mod "Witcher Kings" in the Mod tab
- Play!

Known bugs:
- AoK events don't fire after resigning (you need to restart the game)
- Random worlds scenarios may be buggy (no witchers or sorcerers, ...)

Full 0.10.0 changelog:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
v0.10.0 2019-01-06
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compatibility with vanilla 3.0.1 #109

This release is NOT save-compatible with previous releases.

Feature:
- Add a 3rd Northern war (TW3) bookmark in 1275: #40
- Add some TW3 characters. Some history is based on default pre-set of TW2 choices.
- Add some TW3 dynasties (Strenger, von Everec, var Moehoen).
- Rename b_niemborg into b_kasztel_wronce
- Reduce the size of Impera Brigade
- Tweak AOK events to fire only with TW2 bookmark
- Add some Nilfgaardian cultural localization of minor titles
- Add semi-canon trait for characters created by CD Project
- Adapt Skellige map to TW3 #49
- Note: placeholder maps are used for lighting, trees and colormap.
- Remove province 648 (Orno) i.e. Skellige 7th island
- Province 647 has moved from An Skellig to Ard Skellig
- Switch province 645 (c_kaer_trolde) and 143 (c_skardh)
- Adapt and rename counties (c_berjadalsa => c_gedyneith, c_skardh => c_fyresdal, c_thingeyrar => c_kaer_muir)
- Put each clan on the correct islands
- Add some baronies from TW3
- Add Tor Gvalch'ca mage tower
- Add clan Tordarroch
- Add Skellige founder heroes and their bloodlines
- Transform blood traits into historical bloodlines #111
- Switch Nilfgaard government to Roman imperial.
- Use new vanilla ethnicities from portrait packs, if available:
- westernslavicgfx for Redanian
- germangfx for Koviri
- italiangfx for Lyrian
- englishgfx for Maechts
- magyargfx for Ebbing
- southerngfx for Gesoan
- trueoccitangfx for Toussaint
- mongolgfx for Haak
- Rebalance personal combat to align with vanilla
- Support new portrait layers and properties on custom ethnicities:
- p20 Freckles
- p21 Physique (missing for dwarves and gnomes)
- p22 Pale
- p23 Black eye
- p24 Harelip (missing for dryads)
- p25/p26 Tiered scars
- p27 Blood splatters
- p30 Demon child
- Move pre-rendered character portraits to p37/p38
- Give cardinal clothing to Eternal fire council of electors
- Give special helmets to the military orders
- Add very basic support for Holy Fury random worlds
- Adapt some tactics to cultures and custom traits
- Disable cleanly male temple holders for Melitele, Freya and Dryads.
- Increase infamy of Nilfgaard invasion CB
- Improve Eternal fire religion icon
- Rework racist/tolerant and racial trait opinion modifiers using modifier definitions
- Add pre-rendered portrait for Siegfried of Denesle, courtesy of Ardin

Bugfix:
- Fix many rendering bugs of gnome portraits
- Fix events for Zireael and Brisingamen artifacts
- Fix druid cures illness event bad scoping and confusing effects #106
- Add missing text for opinion_increased_crown_obligation #102
- Remove trailing "/n" in text about Mecopteran bones #98
- Fix typo on loading tip for "poprtraits" #100
- Fix Meve dynasty using Rivian dynasty flag
- Fix format of c_tor_melyn flag
- Fix some missing gods localization
- Limit AI dryad use of make tributary CB
- Prevent AI dryad to convert to feudalism
- Tune ambition chances for sorcerers
- Prevent mages to alter culture of mage tower provinces
- Tune mage tower events to be more frequent
- Activate some pruning at wilderness court
- Create noreligion icon for easier troubleshooting
- Prevent conflict between religion and culture with same name

Attachments

• Witcher_Kings_0.10.0.zip
    52,3 MB · Views: 474
  • Witcher_Kings_0.10.0.exe.zip
    44 MB · Views: 515
Last edited:
Development diary - "The Witcher 3 update"

Hi folks,

Here are some more bloody details on the content of 0.10.0 release.
Blood splatters, bloodlines, bloody baron, and 3rd Northern war bloodshed - everything is in there ! :D

New bookmark - Fate of the North (1275)
We've added a bookmark for the start of The Witcher 3 video game.

W3-bookmark.jpg

Since some elements depend on choices made in The Witcher 2, we've used as "canon" the default choices when you don't simulate a save, and scripted them in the mod history files.

Some dynasties have been added (Strenger, von Everec, var Moehoen).
W3-Temeria.jpg

W3-BloodyBaron.jpg

Now is the bookmark balanced ? The map is quite frightening !
But Nilfgaard is really at the limit of over-expansion so anything is actually possible...

Skellige map redesign
Players were quite confused about the state of Skellige.
When creating the map, JonStryker took into account some leaked info on Skellige before the release of TW3, so it felt somehow familiar but also not the same at the game.

W3-Skellige.jpg

Undvik island and Tor Gvalch'ca mage tower have been added in the process, though the island is inhabited in W2/W3 timeframe, and there's no colonization mechanics yet.

W3-Undvik.jpg

The Witcher 3 interactive map was quite helpful in the process.
The map modding was quite a painful and complex process though, hopefully we won't need other redesigns :)

Holy Fury compatching
Vanilla patch 3.0 was massive and we'll probably need a few more iteration to use the full potential of its modding features.
The idea, as always, was to benefit from vanilla features to improve existing mechanics and/or expand the mod depth with free content and low effort.

Bloodlines
The old blood traits have been transformed into historical bloodlines !
The mythical clans of Skellige also have their bloodlines.

W3-Crach.jpg

Most Holy Fury custom bloodlines should also trigger.

New portrait layers
Patch 3.0 has almost doubled the number of portrait properties. Since the mod has many custom races, they had to be updated to be able to use some of these:

W3-harelip.jpg

• Freckles
  • Physique (fat / malnourished) - except for dwarves and gnomes. Some mod events have been tuned to influence the weight variable.
  • Pale (illness)
  • Black eye
  • Harelip - except for dryads
  • Tiered scars
  • Blood splatters - This one is compatible with pre-rendered portraits and will apply on top.
  • Demon child
W3-bloody.jpg

Modifier definitions
Any custom trait, culture or religion can now have an associated opinion modifier that can be used in anywhere else (traits, bloodlines, ...) !
Racist, tolerant and racial traits have been reworked using this capability in order to be more fine grained and understandable.

Racist.jpg

Random worlds
This is still work in progress, but merging of vanilla files was done with the idea to be compatible with random worlds, as it has lots of cool potential:
  • Randomize the religion/culture on the map - playing exotic culture/religion from outside the Continent ?
  • Randomize the features of mod religious - ever thought about the Eternal Fire Hierarch launching a crusade ?
Now there's quite some work still left to be done as parts of vanilla scripts had been disabled in the past (ex: crusades) as they didn't make sense in the lore, so they would need to be "re-enabled" for randomized religion features.

Thanks for reading, and as always don't hesitate to give us feedback - good or bad !

I'd love to hear feedback on the Skellige remapping, it was my first major delve into mapping (PM me about any little thing about it). Props to Rom for coding the thing, I couldn't be more glad that I didn't have to. :D

In regards to the court chaplain issue, it's a known bug and it's being looked into.

Fun mod and all, why can't we play as a witcher? When I play as one my title just magically disappears and I get a game over.

Given the nature, it's a difficult thing to implement. Previously there was a "bug" that allowed you to play as landless rulers, but it was patched by Paradox (look at the NMIH Seven Ronin submod). To implement playable witchers takes a lot of consideration on how they should interact with/be interacted by foreign, or domestic, powers, and what gameplay is most important when making them work. Additionally, CK2 by design is a dynasty-simulator in a way, and like holy orders, theocracies, and republics in vanilla, succession doesn't work without proper dynasties, and in the context of these government types, there are no bloodline heirs or claimants. Maybe witchers and sorcerers/sorceresses could work, but when that delayed but still inevitable death comes around (which is a constant risk for active witchers) the game would just end. For some that might be a non-issue, while for others its reason to never play them. Obviously they're the name brand to this whole universe, so they're pretty important, so getting them perfect takes a lot of consideration.

Mod looks great. Really appreciate the effort put into it and skellige looks great. Only niggly problem is I don't seem to get that 1275 bookmark.

Start a custom game, you'll find it there, sorry about that!