• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe, in order to avoid the "No Witchers" problem, you could create unlanded duke-tier titles for the various Witcher schools? Have Vesemir and some other guys stick around as constants.

Maybe, in order to avoid the "No Witchers" problem, you could create unlanded duke-tier titles for the various Witcher schools? Have Vesemir and some other guys stick around as constants.

Not such a bad idea, have an on_death event send any currently living witchers to their school to avoid the culling too. That way no need to constantly generate new ones.

It's not, where do these -30% to -90% come from ? fertile_sorcerer (+1000%) and sorcerer (-1000%) traits should basically cancel each over.

To be honest, i don't know.
As i said, I watched sorcerer who managed to become fertile via "charinfo 1" - didn't found the event in the data so my sample is RNG.
For elfes (Francesca and Ida) on the other hand, when i used "racial.10" on them after they got their mage fertility it "bounced" a bit but then fixed itself to the "usual elf rules".

I'am no modder, just a "control freak" who knows how to use event commands and manipulate save games but i think the "mage infertility" and sorcerer trait should be two seperate traits. Maybe it isn't working right because of all the different decissions you get via the sorcerer trait and/or because the mage fertility is an ambition while elf fertility is triggered?
Just an idea.

Yeah it's a vanilla issue linked to court pruning when an inheritance occurs, I've found a workaround for next patch.

If it's working fine. What i found is that is seems that the "immortal" needs at least a health of at least 15.000 to be truely immortal. But because the sorcerer are chain casting their spells they're always at -2.000 plus they are always sic, have cancer and sh*t.

Other "things" and bugs i found:

- "Home tutoring" for magic talents is useless because none of the events ever fire, NPC as well as for the player. So you reach adulthood and nothing happens. Tryed Court Mage as well as "random mage somewhere in your own realm".

- If a disese reaches the Skelliges, they stay there for ever. Wandering from island to island in circles, depopulating everything.

- "Visiting" prisoners impregnates them always, even Saskia or an infertile female sorcerer/elf.

FacelessOne:

I think the cancer one is from reapers due. High chance if aged 60+.

About Fransesca: She's already past child bearing age at game start (Or close at the edge for it)

I started playing this mod yesterday and I really like it, but I have a question concerning the fabrication of claims. While playing as Foltest I thought that it would be a good idea to bring Novigrad into my realm. After a few years I had claims on two of three provinces but it was/still is impossible to fabricate a claim for the providence Novigrad itself. If I try to send my court member the providence is blacked out. There are also some other provinces that are neigbours of mine but they are also blacknened.

Am I missing something? Would be great if someone could help me out :)

I started playing this mod yesterday and I really like it, but I have a question concerning the fabrication of claims. While playing as Foltest I thought that it would be a good idea to bring Novigrad into my realm. After a few years I had claims on two of three provinces but it was/still is impossible to fabricate a claim for the providence Novigrad itself. If I try to send my court member the providence is blacked out. There are also some other provinces that are neigbours of mine but they are also blacknened.

Am I missing something? Would be great if someone could help me out :)
Take 2/3 and usurp the duchy, then De Jure war?

When you say blackened provinces, do you mean that the provinces are held by The Wilderness ? Could you show a screenshot ?

There is the screenshot. Thats how the map looks like if I try to fabricate claims.

Attachments

• 20170819123800_1.jpg
    20170819123800_1.jpg
    575,8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Don't think that's the problem. Even if I play as Redenia or conquere the two provinces west of Novigrad it remains black.

Just checked the mod scripts in 00_job_actions.txt, there's a limitation for capital counties of merchant republics.
Code:
NOT = {
           AND = {
               owner = { is_merchant_republic = yes }
               is_capital = yes
           }
       }

Not exactly sure what's the reason :)

Ok. Thanks a lot. So it's no mistake on my side. Is there any other way to get a claim on Novigrad or to bypass this problem? I can't see any logical reason why it should be prohibited for Redenia or Temeria to conquere Novigrad.

Just checked the mod scripts in 00_job_actions.txt, there's a limitation for capital counties of merchant republics.
Code:
NOT = {
           AND = {
               owner = { is_merchant_republic = yes }
               is_capital = yes
           }
       }

Not exactly sure what's the reason :)
You can destroy coastal republics by fabricating and taking the capital of it. Even if they have 50 more provinces. HIP has this too. Or had it when this was adapted from there.

In earlier versions Novigrad was always absorbed into Redania within a year ...

Development Diary: Patch 0.8.1

Hi folks,

Though Witcher Kings 0.8.0 was quite stable (no random CTDs), there were a few nasty game-breaking bugs (witchers and sorcerers getting pruned, random education traits, bedridden immortals with Reaper's Due) and lack of Conclave support. This is the reason for patch 0.8.1, which is a save-compatible bugfix and balancing minor update.

In parallel we've started working on our next major update, called the "W3 update", so stay tune for more in the coming weeks ;)

Conclave education

Conclave DLC is now officially supported !

The mod has 4 generalist education traits that give bonus to all 5 attributes, but with smaller values than the specialized trait at the same tier.
In order to have these education traits as a possible outcome with Conclave education focus, a new "polymath" education focus has been added, and the UI tweaked to display the 6th focus:

focus.jpg

The first tier trait, "uneducated buffoon" trait is now a probable outcome of not having an education focus (or utterly failing when having the polymath focus !).

Polymath.jpg

The mod also adds 4 personality traits: tolerant, racist, gambler and reasonable.
These traits are now integrated with Conclave childhood focus:
  • Affectionate can lead to tolerant
  • Haughty can lead to racist
  • Playful can lead to gambler
  • Conscientious can lead to reasonable
Affectionate.jpg

In addition the adolescence age has been decreased from 12 to 11 and childhood age from 6 to 5, to preserve Conclave education balance (attribute gain, events MTTH, ...), as adulthood age is 15.

Dynamic flags for Nilfgaardian kingdom vassals

This idea was inspired by the e_iron_throne title's flag in the AGOT mod, which changes based on the ruling dynasty.
Kingdoms have a different flag when vassals of Nilfgaard (the Nilfgaard sun, typically added above or next to the kingdom's original flag), but revert back to their default, "de jure" flag while independent:

nilfgaard.jpg

Witchers and sorcerers pruning

Due to [2.7.1 OVSF] Immortals pruned as unimportant, characters present at a court that experiences an inheritance of title have a chance of dying of "natural death", bypassing the normal rules of pruning (aka "disappearing without trace"). With the workaround, immortal (landless) characters are now really immortal !
But what about long-lived races ? Though they have an immortal trait, as they are also randomly generated by the game, they also need to be pruned, otherwise courts would bloat and game performances would slow down !
Now that this issue is fixed, the number of child with hidden magic talent had to be toned down a bit. For witchers there's a spawning event if there's 5 or below, because they may die out fighting monsters occasionally.
I've run several observer games (100 years in-game) to check and tweak the pruning/generation.

Wrong checksum warning

The Windows automatic installer has helped reduced drastically support and false-positive bug reports due to bad mod installations.
However it was still happening from time to time from players with manual install, or when CK2 updates and the mod is not compatible with that version yet.

So there's now a startup event (on new game start and when loading a save), that will warn you if you don't have the expected checksum(s), with some clues on what to do in such case:

Checksum.jpg

In case you're using a compatible mod that modifies the checksum, you can disable this warning via the game rules.

Thanks for reading, v0.8.1 should be up as soon as I package and upload it.

Witcher Kings 0.8.1 is now released, and compatible with vanilla 2.7.2 !
Checksum: 2.7.2 (PETO)
It is save-compatible with 0.8.0.

Check out the mod wiki page: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Witcher_Kings
And don't hesitate to report bugs, or provide feedback and ideas !
If you want to help out with the mod, there's a lot to do (societies, artifacts, ...) - contact me !

Automatic .exe installer for Windows (recommended): Witcher_Kings_0.8.1.exe.zip

Installation instructions:
- Launch the Witcher_Kings_0.8.1.exe
- Select your CK2 mod folder, in case it is not the default one (Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod)
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Launch CK2
- Select the mod "Witcher Kings" in the Mod tab
- Play!

Manual install (Windows/Linux/Mac): Witcher_Kings_0.8.1.zip

Installation instructions:
- Important: remove any Witcher mod folder and .mod file inside Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod
- Clear your gfx cache, by deleting the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\Witcher\gfx
- Extract the downloaded zip archive
- Copy its content (Witcher.mod file and Witcher folder) to Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod
- Launch CK2
- Select the mod "Witcher Kings" in the Mod tab
- Play!

Known bugs:
  • Only human sorcerers are generated
  • AoK events don't fire after resigning (need to restart the game)
  • Filavandrel gets a child portrait
Full 0.8.1 changelog:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
v0.8.1 2017-08-20
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compatibility with vanilla 2.7.2/2.7.1

This release is save-compatible with previous v0.8.0, and some issues will repair themselves upon loading:
- Reaper's Due diseases effects on immortals will be removed
- Dwarven walls and Dwarven keeps will be converted to their vanilla equivalent
- Conclave Noble and Clergy levy and tax laws will be set to default

Features:
- Support Conclave education focus:
- Add a polymath education focus and tweak the UI to add a 6th icon.
- Make uneducated buffoon a probable outcome of not having an education focus
- Add missing learning bonuses to polymath education traits.
- Handle extra personality traits: affectionate can lead to tolerant, haughty to racist, playful to gambler and conscientious to reasonable
- Decrease adolescence age to 11 and childhood age to 5, to preserve Conclave education balance when adulthood age is 15.
- Use dynamic flags for Nilgaardian kingdom vassals
- Use better flags for k_pontar and k_emblonia
- Add various canon character traits
- Improve usability of game rules:
- Highlight mod specific rules with color
- Create a group for Witcher Kings specific rules
- Remove achievement warnings, as mods already disable achievements
- Add a warning on game start if the checksum is not the expected one, can be disabled via a game rule.
- Use a more visible icon for wiki links
- Add a sound when rolling dice during dice poker
- Add a picture for Witcher 2 bookmark on era screen
- Add missing character backgrounds on Witcher 2 bookmark
- Improve "Unite the North" description, since tooltip is lacking count = 3
- Enable playing dice poker with prisoners regardless of opinion
- Re-enable the imperial authority evolution event on Nilfgaard Empire succession.
- Add back Maximum crown obligations level (w/o Conclave DLC)
- Add seafarer flag to Verdenian, Skellige, Cidarian and Cintran cultures
- Add some more loading tips

Bugfix:
- Remove the mod non-Conclave education system, as it's buggy/unbalanced.
- Fix laws when Conclave DLC is active:
- Disable Crown Levies law
- Fix Iqta levy and tax obligations appearing instead of Noble and Clergy laws
- Fix tanistry succession being impossible to enact
- Workaround immortal courtiers (including witchers and sorcerers) dying from 'natural death' when a title is inherited and the court gets pruned.
- Fix witcher spawning safety event to check more frequently, and work even if witchers no longer exist
- Make long lived races immune to Reaper's Due disease symptoms, to prevent bedridden epidemic.
- Fix court mage magic spell decisions being often greyed out and improve AI target filtering
- Make healing spell remove any Reaper's Due disease symptom flags
- Reduce the probability of witchers getting killed by monsters from 1/20 to 1/1000
- Allow Elven sorcerers to gain the fertile_nonhuman trait
- Prevent from playing Dice Poker against oneself, which is non-functional.
- Remove default character_event sound, which gets annoying with instant event chains (dice poker, ...).
- Fix human sorcerers defaulting to elfgfx ethnicity.
- Optimize some MTTH events that can be done on_startup instead.
- Fix missing portraits for elf son/daughter
- Workaround engine bug on lowborns from character history getting a random dynasty
- Prevent trained mages to get married when using "Marry all courtiers" decision
- Clarify Pogrom CB description.
- Fix Nilfgaard successful invasion event option to actually grant the new kingdom title.
- Allow special force commander to fight Scoiatel even if at war or leading troops.
- Tune done revolt risk from scoiatel presence, and remove scoiatel presence in neighbor provinces when crushing a revolt.
- Change cost of fetching a Witcher to be fixed instead of scaled, but each monster cleaning now costs money upon success.
- Remove Dwarven walls/keep buildings as they break vanilla building chains
- Remove unsuitable RIP physician character events.
- Add missing high gods in religion definitions
- Prevent from using "Expand by conquest" CB indefinitely
- Fix prison visiting event to not impregnate infertile characters
- Fix reclamation wars allowed when not independent
- Workaround bug causing Saskia to become vassal of Kaedwen when winning or if war invalidates.

Attachments

• Witcher_Kings_0.8.1.zip
    51,6 MB · Views: 303
  • Witcher_Kings_0.8.1.exe.zip
    43,9 MB · Views: 422
If you want to help out with the mod, there's a lot to do (societies, artifacts, ...) - contact me !
What exactly do you need to do ? Scripting ? Lore ? Artwork ? :)

Only human sorcerers are generated
I hope you at least know how to solve this, as it sounds real bad for non-human underdog starts :(

What exactly do you need to do ? Scripting ? Lore ? Artwork ? :)

We desperately need people who can script new content (systems, societies, event chains, ...) :)
Obviously, it's easier to know a bit the lore when creating content to be autonomous, but the team provides support on that in the slack room.
One requirement is to use Git for code collaboration, but I can provide support on that !

An artist would be awesome (improve portraits, replace some placeholder graphics, ...) :cool:

I hope you at least know how to solve this, as it sounds real bad for non-human underdog starts :(

I don't (yet !) :/ I checked that the magic talent event chains were not restricted by race and it wasn't something obvious, but didn't have time to narrow down the bug further.
It's definitely bad for gameplay, but in terms of general balance, in observer games from 1274 to 1375, I've seen sometimes non-human form large kingdoms and reclaim territory from humans.

We're getting an issue similar to this in EK with our own elves. I have a theory I haven't tested yet that perhaps it's to do with assigning immortality before adulthood.

I was thinking the same, tried a bit changing the history date for when gaining the immortal trait, but didn't help.
Someone reported on reddit (for a personal mod) that:
- this happened starting with 2.7 for something like 5% of his immortal characters (wasn't the case before)
- giving a non-immortal 2000 years old character an immortal trait via event turns the portrait to a child
- that he resorted on not using immortal traits, and set NATURAL_DEATH_CHANCE_AGE_X to 0 instead & handle everything via events, with modifiers on health etc.

We desperately need people who can script new content (systems, societies, event chains, ...) :)
Obviously, it's easier to know a bit the lore when creating content to be autonomous, but the team provides support on that in the slack room.
One requirement is to use Git for code collaboration, but I can provide support on that !

An artist would be awesome (improve portraits, replace some placeholder graphics, ...) :cool:

I don't (yet !) :/ I checked that the magic talent event chains were not restricted by race and it wasn't something obvious, but didn't have time to narrow down the bug further.
It's definitely bad for gameplay, but in terms of general balance, in observer games from 1274 to 1375, I've seen sometimes non-human form large kingdoms and reclaim territory from humans.

I was thinking the same, tried a bit changing the history date for when gaining the immortal trait, but didn't help.
Someone reported on reddit (for a personal mod) that:
- this happened starting with 2.7 for something like 5% of his immortal characters (wasn't the case before)
- giving a non-immortal 2000 years old character an immortal trait via event turns the portrait to a child
- that he resorted on not using immortal traits, and set NATURAL_DEATH_CHANCE_AGE_X to 0 instead & handle everything via events, with modifiers on health etc.

I could try and see what happens if i give an elf the mage trait / hidden magic talent trait. (I dont mind cheating^^ in my cute singleplayer runs) See if it wants to progress beyond that event or not.