• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I should have worded that better. I think the portraits are good, my problem is just characters who are young looking who look old. It just takes me a bit out of the game but it's not a really big issue.

I yesterday spent more than 2 hours figuring out what causes old immortals to look young or old. I consulted with Korba, did some semi-scientific tests etc. and now can say with a lot of certainty that it is messed up:
1) if you move to like 1150 in the launcher, click on a sorceress, then go back to 1274 she will look young in a game.
2) there are some odd rules as of when people look young automatically I can't really wrap my head around. Very goddamn odd ones.

how do i make it work? the game says that the mod is active, but it shows the european map when i try to start a new game and i don't get how i'm supposed to make it work

What have you done? The mod works properly if you simply unpack the archive into your /documents/crusader kings 2/mod folder (I assume you're Windows' user). Check if you play using the latest patch or your game's files are not messed.

What have you done? The mod works properly if you simply unpack the archive into your /documents/crusader kings 2/mod folder (I assume you're Windows' user). Check if you play using the latest patch or your game's files are not messed.

i did mess up, so i fixed it and now it starts up fine. But when it loads flags it freezes. I did try those things like deleting the flags folder and run it without dlc, but neither worked

scratch that, i fixed it

We had more than 100 commits on the SVN so I'd say it is time to put a new version here. As always it contains content that isn't yet fully finished.

Download: Witcher Kings (0.2.410)

Compatible with 2.0.2, 2.0.3 and 2.0.4, previous saves won't work.

Changelog:
  • Mages can hold their special mage towers, small counties on the map
  • Auto-divorce certain marriages between races
  • Duchy and Kingdom creation requirements fixed: You now only have to hold at least one of the de jure counties of the respective title.
  • Some new provinces, mostly taken from the new Witcher book "Sezon burz".
  • Nilfgaardian rework: CBs, factions, weak/strong emperor mechanic [not fully finished]
  • Better random dynasty COAs thanks to rabid bogling
  • All non-canon characters get fully randomized traits now, not pre-set ones as before
  • Improved magic system
  • Moved the Skellige islands south
  • Various improvements and bugfixes
(tell me if I missed something major)

If anyone wants to help out with this mod contact me or talias or post on this thread. We are looking for any help we can get - scripters, history writers, artists. If you cannot help the mod by contributing to it do post your feedback, bugreports or ideas for features and events you would like to see.

Last edited:
Great! I'll give this new version a good tomorrow, when I have my better internet.

Tried the new patch and noticed a few things:
-I can't invite sorcerers or sorceress;
-There are no exclusive retinues anymore;
-I don't know how to get mage towers and my sorcerers just runs away all the time;
-The emperor just got a lot stronger and the north is nothing compared to him...

Last edited:
Tried the new patch and noticed a few things:
-I can't invite sorcerers or sorceress;
Fixed.

-There are no exclusive retinues anymore;
That's intentional, we didn't have exclusive retinues before, we just had given some of the cultures vanilla retinues, but there wil be actual cultural retinues.

-I don't know how to get mage towers and my sorcerers just runs away all the time;
Non-sorcerers can't hold towers and players can't hold them. Sorcerers will move to towers by themselves under certain circumstances. As for losing sorcerers did you get any event and where did the sorcerers go.

-The emperor just got a lot stronger and the north is nothing compared to him...
Did the emperor have weak emperor or strong emperor trait? If strong then its working as intended, although there should have been events to ask support from other Northern rulers.
My comments are in bold.

Thanks for replying so quickly talias; as for your comments:
-The sorceress I paid attention was Triss Merigold and two others that I forgot the name and they left me for the Kingdom of Redania (Triss) and, if I'm not mistaken, the other two left for the duchy with the Headmistress in Temeria; they left and a event fired saying that I didn't care for them, even though I had given gifts and honorary titles to them.

-As for the emperor, I don't have anything against Strong emperors being "Strong", I was just saying that the north is weak, it should have at least a religion bonus, like the memberes of the freya religion group(+defense, or something like that)

Last edited:
Thanks for replying so quickly talias; as for your comments:
-The sorceress I paid attention was Triss Merigold and two others that I forgot the name and they left me for the Kingdom of Redania (Triss) and, if I'm not mistaken, the other two left for the duchy with the Headmistress in Temeria; they left and a event fired saying that I didn't care for them, even though I had given gifts and titles to them.
They will leave if they aren't the court sorcerers, the reason is to stop player from hording sorcerers and exchanging them to use spells repetitively, but I will make them to leave slower and pay more attention to relations and minor titles.

-As for the emperor, I don't have anything against Strong emperors being "Strong", I was just saying that the north is weak, it should have at least a religion bonus, like the memberes of the freya religion group(+defense, or something like that)
In next version players will have better chance as North, the major rivers have been changed that they only have few points were armies can cross and they give major penalities for attackers. I'm not too sure about religion bonuses, as melitele religion is main religion in large part of northern Nilfgaard. The problem could be that there are too many strong emperors.
My replies in bold again.

Hello, I'm back once again. XD I'm having a problem where the witcher mod isn't showing up in my mod section whenever I bring up the ck2 launcher. And yes when unzipping the mod I put it in the ck2 mod folder through documents like I did for the last update. Any suggestions on whether I"m doing something wrong?

Hello, I'm back once again. XD I'm having a problem where the witcher mod isn't showing up in my mod section whenever I bring up the ck2 launcher. And yes when unzipping the mod I put it in the ck2 mod folder through documents like I did for the last update. Any suggestions on whether I"m doing something wrong?

Did you put .mod after the "witcherkings"?

It would appear that if you're a sorcerer/sorceress than you can just keep telling you mage to cast Aid in Siege 9and possibly other spells) even when he is drained, as the decision checks to see if you could cast the spell, then applies the effect to your mage rather than you.