• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I still demand more Quel'Thalas pics, oh yessssssssssssshhh show them elvessssss.
There’s so many Quel’Thalas here, but I can show the Quel’danas, want you?
Is Blader of orc count as a class? Is yes can you make it clothes or avatar more like warcraft 3 (samurai) than in world of warcraft (no idea what blizzard think but I never accept they are Blader)
We planned to add it as the warrior sub-class. If you ever played WoW you can see it also like the class spec. However, the specs from WoW are not fully suit our concept and they also it doesn’t contain any lore component. That’s why this system will be different from the original Blizzard mechanics. Mages’ specs will be the most different from the original. And you know, orcs-samurais… it sounds good!
How do you plan to keep the performance optimised and prevent ridiculous amounts of bloat as seen in Warhammer: Geheimnisnacht?

Also, there are a lot of typos in that Order of the Silver Hand event.
There’s some limits we try to observe about the number of provinces, but main load comes from the events. With the extension of the gameplay and mechanics this load will increase and there are no ways to avoid this issue. However, with the time we’ll add the selective control for some mechanics and continents. At this moment you can turn off the duel mechanics on the battlefields – one of most demanding to system recourses mechanics. But generally, there are no huge problems with the load now.
P.S. Thanks a lot! I’m so sorry for my English. I’ll fix the typos now. ;)
Cool stuff :)

I think it would be good to give the "Order of the Silver Hand" and "Brotherhood of the Horse" titles the "short_name = yes" tag, so that they correctly appear in character titles as "the Brotherhood of the Horse" and such.
Hm, we’ll add it. It’s a little bit strange for me because my native language does not have articles at all. :)
There will probably be a significantly fewer amount of provinces than Geheimsnacht tbh.

Even including all of Azeroth and Draenor, there's only so many provinces you can include without resorting to fanon.
There are currently 453 provinces (except the water provnices). This number includes only the Azeroth and the South Seas’ islands. Totally there will be 1500-1200 provinces in the game. Unfortunately, we are have no plans on adding Draenor, sorry :c
That terrain looks amazing. Although, and I am not sure here, because I forgot where I saw it, but aren´t those Vashj´ir islands there only since the Cataclysm? I think there was some quest mentioning how new islands appeared close to Stormwind and that´s why Horde was going there, because they could suddenly gain land so close to Alliance capital.

Also, do you plan to create faces for humans too, or will CK2 portraits be used for them?
After the Cataclysm the Vashj'ir islands has risen up slightly, but they were here all the time including the period before the Shattering. We’ll think about the event.
We have one guy who currently draws human faces, so let’s wish him good luck with it. Let’s see what will happen in the end of his work.

I don't think you'll need THAT many provinces tbh. That's probably a pretty easy to trim number if it becomes an issue. Kalimdor doesn't need that many provinces, for example, due to the general lack of development and natural resources. You can safely make larger ones to represent a fair amount of area.

We planned to add it as the warrior sub-class. If you ever played WoW you can see it also like the class spec. However, the specs from WoW are not fully suit our concept and they also it doesn’t contain any lore component. That’s why this system will be different from the original Blizzard mechanics. Mages’ specs will be the most different from the original. And you know, orcs-samurais… it sounds good!

Nice :)

Those "sub-classes" will be like advanced (or "heroic"/"prestige") classes, I suppose?

I'm going to be asking you guys a lot of questions during this develop phase so be prepared :p

First off: When is the starting bookmark?

First and a half: If the starting bookmark is during classic WoW, will there be a possible event for a split Varian? (Could be awesome to play through an event chain telling the story of Valeera, Broll and Lo'Gosh, maybe even from different angles.)

Second: Legion invasion???

Third: Artifact weapons? Will there be any traits of some sort adding the feel of having some powerful artifact? I'd love running around with those gorgeous blades that Valeera has :D

This is all I can think of right now.

First off: When is the starting bookmark?
At this moment there are two possible starting bookmarks are planned: the First War and the War of Three Hammers (maybe Third War).
First and a half: If the starting bookmark is during classic WoW, will there be a possible event for a split Varian? (Could be awesome to play through an event chain telling the story of Valeera, Broll and Lo'Gosh, maybe even from different angles.)
The personal event chain for Varian makes little sense (exactly the retelling the story with all its characters). Alternatively it’s possible to create several interesting mechanics (like slavery) which will include similar event chains but for all playable characters. However, these mechanics will not appear in the first release.
Second: Legion invasion???
As for the invasion… Yes, it will be in the mod.
Third: Artifact weapons? Will there be any traits of some sort adding the feel of having some powerful artifact? I'd love running around with those gorgeous blades that Valeera has :D
We have already created some artifacts, but now we are waiting for the new DLC to be able to work on it in full capacity.

Actually, I have a few more questions :D

Fourth: For druids, will there be an emerald dream or nightmare? (Depending on timeline)

Fifth: Half-breeds, is it possible?

Sixth: Will the Broken Isles be a part of the mod?

Thank you! ^_^

Wow (right moment to say that! ^^) this mod already looks amazing!

I have just a couple of questions:

"Try to create a new Azeroth empire which we have never seen before. For players are available wild tribes of murlocs and gnolls, pygmies of Southern Islands, kobolds and even wolvars of Northrend! Note that it will not be easy to lead these nations to victory."
=> I don't know anything about the universe of Warcraft but does this mean we'll be able to play as unlanded characters who seek to conquer land and establish their own kingdom on the map? Will the AI lauch such invasions?
Sorry if it's out of purpose.

Are you planning something about learning magic or guilds with the next dlc Monks & Mystics ?

Anyway, good luck!

Fourth: For druids, will there be an emerald dream or nightmare? (Depending on timeline)
Yes, but only after the adding Kalimdor, the Green Dragonflight and the World Trees into the game. Similar mechanics will be also added for other classes.
Fifth: Half-breeds, is it possible?
Yes, within reason. There will be no half-gnomes half-humans in the game until I find a confirmation of this in lore. :p
Sixth: Will the Broken Isles be a part of the mod?
No, the Broken Isles will definitely not be in the game. Moreover, the islands will not exactly be in the embodiment that we see in the Legion.
I don't know anything about the universe of Warcraft but does this mean we'll be able to play as unlanded characters who seek to conquer land and establish their own kingdom on the map? Will the AI lauch such invasions?
Sorry if it's out of purpose.
Yes, we altered the adventure mechanics from CK2 a little bit, but did not remove it.
Are you planning something about learning magic or guilds with the next dlc Monks & Mystics ?
Yep, everything is already in the game but we also have to configure it to make all things work with new DLC. ;)

Also, added this screenshot of Quel'Danas in "Map and Graphics\Eastern Kingdoms".
MNzv4M3.png

Our team likes murlocs very much, that’s why we couldn’t but add the Greengill tribe on the island. Disgruntled will be punished. :p

Last edited:
How will you handle inter species relations and half race childeren
Very easy. Only some interspecies marriages will be available. With unavailable relations you’ll get instantly (or not) divorce. The child will get one racial trait from each parent (from human he’ll get half-human, from elf – half-elf). Those two traits will choose the child’s race and, consequently, configure the bonuses. A little bit later I will try to post a screenshot with half-blood character here.
Say, any plans to make the Dragonflights playable, or specific members of them at least?
We had some plans previously to make them playable, but due to development difficulties and lots of special mechanics I can say that to the first release the playability of the Dragonfligts is in question.
I'm already growing impatient, will we be able to see a demo soon? :D
We’ll make a demo right after we’ll finish to work with the main historical events beginning from the First War to the Third War and give an opportunity to happen to several events from WoW. At the moment we are working on the Third War and finishing some interesting gameplay elements. ;)

We had some plans previously to make them playable, but due to development difficulties and lots of special mechanics I can say that to the first release the playability of the Dragonfligts is in question.

IMO if there are issues just leave them out and focus on the main race mechanics for now. Dragons can always come later, they weren't a huge player in things til later bookmarks.