• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Version 2.0.7 "Constantine XI Palaiologos" (Released 5/29/19)
VIET EVENTS 2.0.7 "CONSTANTINE XI PALAIOLOGOS" HAS BEEN RELEASED!
Steam Workshop Download | Github Manual Download

“The city is fallen but I am still alive!”
- Constantine XI Palaiologos, the last Roman Emperor, at the siege of Constantinople in 1453 CE

Just a small update to go along with Iron Century. A little bit of Byzantine related flavor because today’s the Fall of Constantinople, and a bit of Three Kingdoms related flavor because Total War Three Kingdoms was just released and it’s actually pretty good and helps me relive my childhood. Highly recommend it, it's probably the first Total War game I can say I've really enjoyed since I jumped ship to PI.

Anyways, let me know if you have any issues.

Here's the 2.0.7 changelog:

• Added 3 Constantinople themed events
  • Added 8 Three Kingdoms themed events
  • Added new artifact: Statue of Guan Yu
  • Re-added events from old VIET: 9 Byzantine
  • Misc minor bug and typo fixes

And screenshots of new stuff from the update:

R7NVrSW.jpg

lJMVqB1.jpg

Z30MO2d.jpg

The image just refuses to load in a private conversation. Anyway found a small grammar bug

Hello Just wanted to point out a small grammar issue in one of the events
7fyN3gT

script%3E

What it currently says "While looking for cheap merchandise a local market Fair
Should be the following " While looking for cheap merchandise at a local market Fair

203770_20190603224833_1.png

The image just refuses to load in a private conversation. Anyway found a small grammar bug

Hello Just wanted to point out a small grammar issue in one of the events
7fyN3gT

script%3E

What it currently says "While looking for cheap merchandise a local market Fair
Should be the following " While looking for cheap merchandise at a local market Fair

View attachment 486836

Was wondering why the images were looking weird in PM too. Anyways, thanks for the heads up! I've fixed that in my version.

Version 2.0.8 "Zerzura" (Released 6/30/19)
VIET EVENTS 2.0.8 "ZERZURA" HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Zerzura was a legendary oasis city said to be somewhere in the Sahara desert. It was also known for being white as a dove in color and full of treasures, and was also called the Oasis of Little Birds. Neither medieval nor modern explorers have ever found a trace of it, and it is likely a myth.

Another run of the mill update with some new events and a few fixes.

Here's the 2.0.8 changelog:

• Added 11 fantastical stories themed events
  • Added 11 daily work themed events
  • Re-added events from old VIET: 5 Halloween Food events, 18 Bread events
  • Fixed some minor issues

7aRAgIS.jpg

5APsH5H.jpg

@Rokh I see you are a person of culture as well! I've used a couple of Pharaoh artworks for some of the event pics, including that one.

Thanks for your great VIET Events mod.

I've been playing CK2 for a few years and I've always been surprised at how there are so few events tied to honorary titles. The latter sound like they could provide a lot of opportunities for fun events:

- give the "food taster" honorary title to a character and watch him, after a couple of months, get the Gluttonous trait / get sick from food infection. Or give it to someone who already has the Gluttonous trait and watch how your ruler gets the Malnourished trait because your food taster eats all the food.

- give the "court poet" title to someone without the poet trait and/or with a low Learning skill and watch him ridicule himself as everyone at the court makes fun of his poems.

- give the "cup bearer" trait to a deceitful or crazy character and have him poison your ruler.

- have your "court jester" challenged to a duel by one of your courtiers after he insulted him.

The opportunities for drama are endless.

Do you think that future versions of VIET Events Reborn could include such events tied to honorary titles?

Thanks for your great VIET Events mod.

I've been playing CK2 for a few years and I've always been surprised at how there are so few events tied to honorary titles. The latter sound like they could provide a lot of opportunities for fun events:

- give the "food taster" honorary title to a character and watch him, after a couple of months, get the Gluttonous trait / get sick from food infection. Or give it to someone who already has the Gluttonous trait and watch how your ruler gets the Malnourished trait because your food taster eats all the food.

- give the "court poet" title to someone without the poet trait and/or with a low Learning skill and watch him ridicule himself as everyone at the court makes fun of his poems.

- give the "cup bearer" trait to a deceitful or crazy character and have him poison your ruler.

- have your "court jester" challenged to a duel by one of your courtiers after he insulted him.

The opportunities for drama are endless.

Do you think that future versions of VIET Events Reborn could include such events tied to honorary titles?

More events for honorary titles is one of the many things definitely on my to-do list. Thanks for the ideas, some of them I think could definitely work out well, so I'll keep them in my little idea database.

Are there any plans to complete the artemis-friendship event-chain found in the localisation files?

It was something I coded for the Ancient Religions Reborn mod actually, as @theStormWeaver mentions, which you should definitely check out if you're interested in pagan gameplay - the mod focuses on Hellenic, Egyptian, and Celtic pagans and has a lot of cool stuff. The Artemis event chain is there in its entirety, along with a number of other events I coded. For whatever reason I've copied some of the localization and art I used for the work I did for ACR into VIET.

Version 2.0.9 "Speculum Maius" (Released 8/17/19)
VIET EVENTS 2.0.9 "SPECULUM MAIUS" HAS BEEN RELEASED!

The Speculum Maius, or Great Mirror, was a major work of scholarship by a French friar, Vincent of Beauvais, who lived in the 13th century. It is one of the most extensive encyclopedias and compilations of knowledge from medieval Europe, and drew on many sources, including Greek, Latin, Arabic, and Hebrew sources. The text is divided into three parts, called the Mirror of Nature (Speculum Naturale), Mirror of Doctrine (Speculum Doctrinale) and Mirror of History (Speculum Historiale).

Hello all, a new relatively sizeable update is now up. I've been busier working on the Dunhuang Immersion Pack, so this update took a while to get finished. Anyways, major highlights of the new update include 14 new useless clutter artifact to collect for your Elder Scrolls hoarding needs, as well as ~70 new events.

I've also changed some of the events that spawn characters of a specific ethnicity where their graphical culture has a chance of being randomized (logically, of course - i.e. a Chinese character may look Mongol or Tibetan, but won't look Ethiopian or Norse). Their intended culture will remain, but this will allow for a bit more of diversity and variation in appearance. It's based off some code I use in my own personal mod at the moment to change randomize the appearance of everyone at the game start for variety, which I may release in the future as an independent mod once I get it working in a way I feel is adequate for release.

Here's the 2.0.9 changelog:

• Added 39 generic events (mostly inspired by/using vanilla event pictures I’ve never used or haven’t used often)
  • Re-added 10 Muslim Republic events and 7 generic Republic events (do note, the Muslim Republic events aren’t necessarily for Muslims, some can fire if you’re in the right region)
  • Added 14 new clutter artifacts: pewter spoon, measuring rod, flower vase, ancient statue (desert), ancient stone head, prehistoric flute, landscape painting (ruin), landscape painting (lake), landscape painting (forest), leather knapsack, wooden bowl, weighing scales, hammer, trusty shovel
  • For events that spawn characters of a specific ethnicity, their graphical culture now has a chance of randomization (for instance, a spawned Chinese character has a chance of having a Mongol or Tibetan appearance, but their culture will still be Chinese)
  • Musk Deer province event now increases prosperity
  • Slightly increased the chances to get artifact loss events
  • Miscellaneous bugfixes as usual

GSJti56.jpg

pUAFxIq.jpg

o7YqZaD.jpg

4BXiSF7.jpg

Hello all, just updated a quick hotfix for a small issue a user just found.

• Fixed Conclave childhood traits being given for players without the Conclave DLC in the Muslim Republic event where you adopt Aladdin an orphaned street rat

Thanks for the release! Is it compatible with savegames?

Yup, new updates should always be compatible with savegames unless if it is an update to a new big vanilla patch.

@Sylas Yes, shouldn't be any compatibility issues!

Version 2.0.10 "Secret History" (Released 12/11/19)
VIET EVENTS 2.0.10 "SECRET HISTORY" HAS BEEN RELEASED!

The Secret History of the Mongols is the oldest surviving work of Mongolian literature. It is a semi-mythological, historical account of the life of Genghis Khan written sometime in the 13th century by an anonymous author. It covers his struggles in early life to survive his enemies and unify the Mongol tribes, and then his conquests across Eurasia. It is also touches on other topics such as Mongolian culture, religion, and politics of the time.

It’s been a while (not to my surprise at all lol) but here’s another small update to VIET. I should start a betting pool on when I’ll get my next update up. Though in all seriousness I want to get one up for Xmas time for the 1 year anniversary of the release of the rebooted VIET. It's also the 7th anniversary of when I released the first version of VIET - for any VIETerans out there, time flies by so quickly!

By the way, as for future plans vis a vis Crusader Kings 3, my plan is to continue working on VIET at least until CK3 is released, and then I will consider switching over to working on VIET or an equivalent of it for CK3 (and that will most likely include adapting events from VIET for CK2). Right now the only thing worrying me is that in one of the interviews, the devs mentioned that they want less random events and bigger, deeper ones, so I hope they’ll still have some sort of on_actions code, that way I can still throw in my event fluff.

Here's the 2.0.10 changelog:

• Added 7 events about reading stories
  • Added 10 Rain themed events
  • Re-added events from old VIET: 8 Holy War, 4 Zoroastrian, 5 Jewish, 8 Buddhist, 20 hummus
  • Fixed potential localization issues and other minor bugs when running the mod with Ancient Religions Reborn
  • Miscellaneous bugfixes as usual

yYnQ6Ra.jpg

3UqeKDa.jpg

5lfwuHC.jpg

Version 2.0.11 "Morning Star" (Released 12/31/19)
VIET EVENTS 2.0.11 "MORNING STAR" HAS BEEN RELEASED!

The term 'morning star' commonly refers to the planet Venus when it appears in the east before sunrise.

I just wanted to get a quick update out before I leave to do my annual New Year Eve’s routine/traditions. Happy New Year and new decade to everyone!

Here's the 2.0.11 changelog:

• Added 20 Oblivion inspired events
  • Added potential new ending event for the Oblivion Dream event
  • Added new artifact: Shadow Banish Wine Recipe
  • Re-Added the Cinnamon Toast Crunch event chain from old VIET
  • Tweaked chances of events firing (again)
  • Other misc. bug fixes

FnK8xAd.jpg

xpd8gv3.jpg