[MOD] VIET Events for CK3 - a Flavor and Immersion Event Mod

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just checked the values in the code out of curiosity, and apparently the great pox penalty is just -1 health (which is pretty amusing since it means a perfectly healthy ruler who's normally ~5 health would only be ~4 health which is hardly a problem in CK3). Anyways, would explain why the negate health bonuses of the food is pretty decent, as the bonuses can range from 0.1 to 0.4 depending on the quality of the artifact (so if the ruler by chance has the rarest quality for both, it'll be 0.8 of the health penalty that's offset). I'll make a note to nerf that for the next update, thanks!
Yes, the values of health decrease by most of the illnesses are totally wrong and do not fulfil their purpose at all.
I coded very simple and direct specific events in my mod to address each illness that once fired, kills the character in question. Of course, the chance of each event happening every year is much different from smallpox to cancer or leper, for instance...

VIET/RICE 2022 Survey

Today, I'm opening a survey to get a better idea of what you, the fine folks who play VIET and RICE, think about these mods. Feel free to participate if you've played either or both mods! The survey takes around 10 minutes, and will close after midnight PST/3 AM EST, on Saturday June 11.

As thanks for helping me, at the end of the survey is a VIET Events Contest, where I'm giving YOU the chance to submit event ideas for VIET. I'll choose my favorites and add them to an upcoming VIET update!

Thanks in advance for finding time to do the survey - your insights will help me see what works in VIET/RICE and potential directions I can take them, so the mods can be even better!

Survey link: https://forms.gle/KFKWmbffoAAAYY847

• 2Like
Reactions:
Version 1.6.0 "Struggle" (Released 5/31/22)
Hy7cTwG.jpg

VIET 1.6.0 "Struggle" has been released!
Steam Workshop Download | Github Manual Download | Paradox Mods Download

Discord Server | Website

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress.”
Frederick Douglass

VIET is now officially updated to the new patch and DLC, and includes a few new events around the word "struggle" as a motif. I've done basic testing to ensure the mod is stable, but let me know if you encounter any serious bugs.

For those who play RICE, an update will follow shortly, hopefully this evening (US time) or tomorrow at latest.

Lastly, if you haven't seen it yet, please check out the VIET/RICE 2022 Survey! It's your chance to let me know your thoughts on VIET/RICE so they can be even better! Plus, at the end of the survey, there's a VIET Events Contest where you can submit event ideas for VIET. I'll choose my favorites and add them to an upcoming VIET update! The survey closes June 11.

• Added 10 new struggle themed events
  • All activities now have automatic expiration dates in case of weird situations where they don’t end
  • Fixed decision to view flowers in bloom requiring donkeys and not flowers
  • Nerfed the negate health penalty effect for some modifiers and artifacts
  • Changed blacksmith event background from medicine to the more appropriate armory
  • Miscellaneous bugfixes

*Adapted from VIET for CK2

TjgQ4aN.jpg

• 5Love
Reactions:
VIET/RICE 2022 SURVEY RESULTS

Thank you again to all who participated in the survey! There were over 225 responses, with a wide range of diverse opinions and perspectives. Your feedback is valuable - both positive and constructive criticism - and it is already helping me with future plans. There will likely be more surveys in the long-term to continually assess how VIET/RICE are doing.

If you are interested in seeing a summary and discussion of the survey results, as well as the winners of the VIET Events contest (and honorable mentions), go to this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...qIy6BFb9aoxxPvBfQut5azuGAiti7tEcu2fPTtdz2/pub

VIET Events Contest Winners

Speaking of which, congratulations to the seven winners of the VIET Events contest! I'll reach out to you separately about your (optional) reward.

Cerbzzz: Baklava nightmare
Duke Leo: Charlemagne choir event based on the Vita Karoli Magni
Pedrolu: Prehistoric cave paintings
Ultimatum: Robber barons afflicting your realm
Viridianus: Squabble between two intellectuals
Anonymous: Teddy Roosevelt assassination reference
Anonymous: A traveling physician appears with a fully intact mummy

ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗʷᵒ ᵃⁿᵒⁿʸᵐᵒᵘˢ ʷᶦⁿⁿᵉʳˢ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᶠᵉᵉˡ ᶠʳᵉᵉ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵒⁿᵗᵃᶜᵗ ᵐᵉ ⁻ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵐᵃʸᵇᵉ ᵗᵉˡˡ ᵐᵉ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵈᵉᵗᵃᶦˡˢ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ʷʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ʷʳᵒᵗᵉ ᶦⁿ ʸᵒᵘʳ ˢᵘᵇᵐᶦˢˢᶦᵒⁿ ˢᵒ ᴵ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᶦᵗ’ˢ ʸᵒᵘ

• 1Love
Reactions:
Hello, in localizations, is the "viet_old_events_l_idiome" file operational or are events discarded?
I am Spanish and I may spend some time updating what has not been converted and it is to find out if that file is still necessary.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello, in localizations, is the "viet_old_events_l_idiome" file operational or are events discarded?
I am Spanish and I may spend some time updating what has not been converted and it is to find out if that file is still necessary.

Hi there! Thanks for offering to help pick up the stuff the previous Spanish translator didn't get to. Anyhow, I don't have any file named "viet_old_events_l_idiome", are you looking at another version of the mod? These are the Spanish loc files I have for example:

1656060727892.png

All loc files end with the name of their language, so there shouldn't be any that ends with "idiome."

Unless if you mistyped and meant viet_old_events_l_spanish, the old events files refers to events that were adapted from the CK2 version of VIET, so yeah they are still relevant and used in the mod.

Reactions:
Yes, the language thing, I was referring to generic exchanged for Spanish. Anyway, this morning I realized that in Steam comments of the mod, someone has already uploaded an updated Spanish update. Waiting for it to be uploaded to the server.

Ah okay gotcha. Yeah looked like someone updated most of it to the latest version, so I'll be integrating that into the next version (hopefully in about a week, as I'm busy with my RICE stuff atm).

Ah okay gotcha. Yeah looked like someone updated most of it to the latest version, so I'll be integrating that into the next version (hopefully in about a week, as I'm busy with my RICE stuff atm).
Hello, I've been looking over the translation that Steam has uploaded for you, and it seems to be a translation from Google Translator. If you look there are translated "nexuses" that shouldn't be, and they will return an error. Nor have some phrases been changed to better adapt Spanish grammar. With a little time I can make a more correct translation from scratch.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Part of the mod has already been translated by another fellow to Spanish long ago, so you don't need to touch those parts, but for the other stuff, feel free to tackle that if you want and correct the Google Translator shenanigans, and then afterwards upload it to GitHub so I can integrate it, thanks!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Parte del mod ya ha sido traducido por otro compañero al español hace mucho tiempo, por lo que no necesita tocar esas partes, pero para las otras cosas, siéntase libre de abordar eso si lo desea y corregir las travesuras de Google Translator, y luego subirlo a GitHub para que pueda integrarlo, ¡gracias!
Of course

Hi, I'm finally doing a more serious translation. Basically I am touching almost all the sentences, because the more I look, the more I see that google translate makes a real mess many times with the syntax and grammar. I try to respect the original mod as best as possible, but I also have to be very careful between files so that everything fits more or less well.
The problem is that according to what I have done, I have seen that there was a lot left to translate, because there was a lot added. I already have more than half. But you probably won't have it for a day or two, depending on how much free time you carve out.

Hi, I'm finally doing a more serious translation. Basically I am touching almost all the sentences, because the more I look, the more I see that google translate makes a real mess many times with the syntax and grammar. I try to respect the original mod as best as possible, but I also have to be very careful between files so that everything fits more or less well.
The problem is that according to what I have done, I have seen that there was a lot left to translate, because there was a lot added. I already have more than half. But you probably won't have it for a day or two, depending on how much free time you carve out.

No worries, I am busy with RICE right now so I don't anticipate being to do anything related to VIET for at least a few days and the next update for VIET will be at earliest in a week or two if I even have time. So take your time and no rush. And let me know if you have any questions about the text if you're confused about what I mean in English. (Also make sure you don't end up redoing any work that the previous translator from last year did, don't want you to do the same work twice basically lol)

Thanks again for the help!

No worries, I am busy with RICE right now so I don't anticipate being to do anything related to VIET for at least a few days and the next update for VIET will be at earliest in a week or two if I even have time. So take your time and no rush. And let me know if you have any questions about the text if you're confused about what I mean in English. (Also make sure you don't end up redoing any work that the previous translator from last year did, don't want you to do the same work twice basically lol)

Thanks again for the help!

Ok, I have it. I am quite happy with the translation although it has taken me some time. Practically I had to touch almost all the phrases a little, but respecting the original text for the most part. In addition, most of them are tested in the game to avoid internal errors. I think it's all converted but maybe I've left something.

https://github.com/Wolber85/Viet-spanish.git

• 1Like
Reactions:
Awesome, thanks! I've made a note to add it to the next update, much appreciated! If you want to do translation for future stuff, you can monitor the VIET GitHub and feel free to make a pull request or what not (I usually try to work on and upload the loc text before the other parts of the mod as a courtesy to translators to give a head start, even if the text isn't the final version).

Version 1.6.1 "Survey" (Released 7/25/22)

This update includes the 7 winning events from the events contest of the VIET/RICE survey. Thank you for everyone who participated, and thanks in particular to Cerbzzz, Duke Leo, Pedrolu, Ultimatum, Viridianus, and two anonymous players for the winning ideas!

This update includes the 7 winning events from the events contest of the VIET/RICE survey. Thank you for everyone who participated, and thanks in particular to Cerbzzz, Duke Leo, Pedrolu, Ultimatum, Viridianus, and two anonymous players for the winning ideas!

• Added 7 events from the winning submissions for the VIET Events contest
  • Added Spanish translations by zubzerozD and Cruzado Blanco, which should cover most remaining untranslated content
  • Integrated additional Chinese translation by Tbeabm and Co.
  • Rebalanced gold costs of several decisions to be less unrealistically expensive at higher tier levels
  • Fixed ghost in the haunting decision chain “disappearing” by itself even after you did a successful exorcism
  • Miscellaneous bugfixes

*Adapted from VIET for CK2

suPhYTj.jpg

VIET and RICE now also have official logos, thanks to the talented Bonseny who was kind enough to make them! Expect to see them in more VIET/RICE promo material in the future.

ZvoAXEw.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have created an official Twitter Account for my mods so I can formally catch up to and be in touch with the youths of to-day! I'll mainly use it to post announcements and teasers, so be sure to take a look: https://twitter.com/Cybrxkhans_Mods/

Though I'm focusing on my work for RICE right now, I'm in the process of planning some big events for VIET, like court events, so I hope to get those in some time in the near future!

• 1Like
Reactions:
While my focus in the past month has been RICE, RICE isn't the only thing getting new stuff. VIET is dropping a large update next week alongside the event pack DLC. This includes VIET's first large shipment of new court events to add a little more variety to your royal court shenanigans and more. Below are some examples of the new court events.

Anyways, the goal will be to reach 888 events total in VIET for this update, in time for the second anniversary of VIET's release. Plus, 888 is a very lucky number (at least in Asia). Maybe we'll reach 1000 events by year's end!

qZjJMXh.jpg

jcqUCNc.jpg

• 3Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I am looking forward to see what you can do with the new memories available for events in the next patch.

Are you thinking you may work that functionality into some of your existing events?