• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vae Victis doesnt touch the map so on that account it should be fine. It does however mod some scripts whcih could be an issue. Essentially VV edits any files that chance a countries culture to also change the unit bonuses that they get.

Been working on a plague script for VV lately. long way to go yet but making slow progress
unknown[1].png

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I can never meet Rome's historical expansion. Instead of 3 Punic wars, I have just finished the 8th Punic war with Carthage. I have the appropriate diplomatic stances to reduce war score cost and every tech to reduce it. Yet, I've only been able to take Sicily, Sardinia, and three provinces in Hispania. Carthage still holds all of North Africa and 8 more provinces in Hispania.

Would it be possible to make the Rome-Carthage wars like the Diadochi wars which allow massive territory exchanges? Im only asking about the Punic wars. Any other of Rome's wars and it would seriously unbalance the game.

Vae Victis doesnt touch the map so on that account it should be fine. It does however mod some scripts whcih could be an issue. Essentially VV edits any files that chance a countries culture to also change the unit bonuses that they get.

It seems to work fine. I have been playing it and i havent found an issue yet

Vanilla border gore just hurts me deep inside the soul

I can never meet Rome's historical expansion. Instead of 3 Punic wars, I have just finished the 8th Punic war with Carthage. I have the appropriate diplomatic stances to reduce war score cost and every tech to reduce it. Yet, I've only been able to take Sicily, Sardinia, and three provinces in Hispania. Carthage still holds all of North Africa and 8 more provinces in Hispania.

Would it be possible to make the Rome-Carthage wars like the Diadochi wars which allow massive territory exchanges? Im only asking about the Punic wars. Any other of Rome's wars and it would seriously unbalance the game.
Ill have a look at what new modifiers they add with the 2.0 release. considering its focused on war im hoping that there will be a lot of cool new stuff to play with to mod war stuff a lot more.

mod has been upated for 2.0.1.

The mod has been changed significantly due to the last update which adressed a number of issues which this mod had previously sought to correct. The OP will be updated to reflect the new feature list.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I usually force Carthage to release Massylia, etc as part of peace deals. This cuts down on their size dramatically, and makes it easier to grab more land in future peace deals. I've got it down to 4 punic wars at this point.

Irl rome didnt annex most of carthages territories till way late in the game if not well after the end date. Try forcing them to release tags.

Trying out the new version and really liking it, though I am having a strange issue. As the Romans, when I raise my levy I get to heavy cavalry. When raised, those two units suffer 50 men each attrition each month and do not reinforce, even when not otherwise suffering attrition (like still in Rome). This does not happen with the other units.

Trying out the new version and really liking it, though I am having a strange issue. As the Romans, when I raise my levy I get to heavy cavalry. When raised, those two units suffer 50 men each attrition each month and do not reinforce, even when not otherwise suffering attrition (like still in Rome). This does not happen with the other units.
Yeah its a downside to the current levy system, if you cant maintain them eg have no horse imports i think then they suffer attrition. i dont like it so will look for a way to remove thatpart of the game as losing units also loses pops.

1614151669793.png

THis is the reason for it. its a vanilla feature. I perrsonally dont like this aspect of the levy system as there isnt enough info to explain to the player how to fix it eg which pop type is missing or should be there etc. so its a punishment without means of correction.

I use to play Vae Victis expansion from europa universalis rome, glad to hear that Magnar made a mod about it and it was not forgotten.

Mod updated:

Reduced mercenary size scaling to population size from 7.5% to 2.5%

Increased Base mercenary size from 2 -> 4

Civilisation now reduces defensiveness (ie increases time to capture a territory)

Increased Fort Defensiveness bonus from 5% to 20% to counteract the civ defensiveness changes.

Increased base days to capture fortless

1614890165641.png

1614890187897.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
Good.

Mod updated for 2.0.2

Additional changes
- Mercenary army sizes reduced significantly (needs new game to see these changes)
- Martial stat for commanders increases movements speed (+2%) and morale (+1%) per level.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Mod updated:

Supply Changes

- Supply Infrastructure
New supply changes make it possible to invest in infrastructure to accommodate larger armies (eg Ashoka's infrastructure investments before conquering Kalinga).

- Roads increase supply by +2 per connection (represents the ability to import supplies for the army)
- Some buildings now give increased supply
- Forts +2
- Tribal Fort +1
- Granary + 4
- Earthworks +5

- Adjusted unit supply consumption and unit supply carry capacity (this should help smaller countries with besieging and eat away more at heavier armies making forts and terrain more important)

LI - 2.4 -> 2.8
A 2.4 -> 2.6
LC 2.4 -> 3
Chariot 2.4 -> 2.8

HI 2.4 -> 2
HA 3 -> 2.8

Other Changes
- Increased mercenary army size a little
- increased manpower recovery time 11 years -> 15 years.
- base land attrition increased 5%->7%

• 4Like
Reactions:
Excellent.