• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The problem with the latest download is quite simple. If you just unpack the v2 download, you'll see that the files are still in xml form, whereas they need to be in .binary form. Just follow the instructions in this forum to convert the files.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?687193-First-modding-tools

After you do that, it works. I am also happy to attach my fixed version. However, it seems I am not allowed to post attachments. I can email to someone else to post.
Probably because this is your first post.

I've tried doing this and it appears to work - in the game start screens, the Dragon Queen is elvish not human (I haven't actually started a game yet, being at work). And what effect continuing an unmodded game would be I don't know. Anyway attached is the modified d170.pack file in a .zip, just unzip it into your Warlock directory as per the OP of this thread.

Last edited:
thanks Andrewt
I just downloaded and extracted it to the warlock file..will let u know if it works

WORKS GREAT thank you Andrewt

Last edited:
Sorry about that, guys. Like jwallstone said, I accidentally packed the .xml files instead of the .binary files in Ultimate Wizards Version 2 download. I've uploaded a corrected version, but if you downloaded that file prior to this correction, it won't work unless you manually unpack it, convert the .xml files to .binary, and repack the mod. The original Ultimate Wizards file should be fine.

Thanks bckh4 for letting me know about this problem and thanks AndrewT for posting a fixed version!

Last edited:
Download worked for me, but i have a question damask15. In playing multiplayer, there doesn't seem to be a way to choose pre-generated characters and when you try to choose perks and spells, you have 10 only. is there a way to fix that? and if not, anyway to set reset to go to 20. My fear is PC players, are running with your settings of more than 10 perk points. let me know your thoughts, great mod otherwise!

@Decima Ender - Hrm, I just checked and I was able to download from both links successfully. What browser are you using? Have you tried to right click and "Save As"?

@maseren - Thanks! And very sorry, but I'm honestly not sure regarding your question on multiplayer. As far as I know, the only way to tell how many perk points someone used in multiplayer is to open the diplomacy screen and examine their wizard. With regards to setting perk points up to 20, I'm pretty sure I know which setting does that in single player, but I'm not sure I can do it in multiplayer, and, even if I can, it may not be allowed. I'll have to take a look and get back to you.

A quick update Damask!! Its confirmed, in multiplayer, player wizardsa have 10 points to distribute while the AI has well er... your changes to them. Rjack was running with 23 points worth of wizard, if you find a way to edit the points of our multiplayer wizards, i'd very much appreciated, till then i've had to remove your MOD for multiplayer.

Nothing to be sorry about!! your mod is awesome so far. my wife and I use it via multiplayer. Most per changes work, we're not sure about other stuff, but my assumption is they work, However, it looks like the perks don't apply, we confirmed this via looking at the AI's perks. Please do let me know if there is a way to change it! the ability to have more perks does seem fun.

@maseren - Thanks! And very sorry, but I'm honestly not sure regarding your question on multiplayer. As far as I know, the only way to tell how many perk points someone used in multiplayer is to open the diplomacy screen and examine their wizard. With regards to setting perk points up to 20, I'm pretty sure I know which setting does that in single player, but I'm not sure I can do it in multiplayer, and, even if I can, it may not be allowed. I'll have to take a look and get back to you.

Last edited:
I am currently working on my own new mod for Warlock I.
You can set up how many points you can use in the logicparams.bin file,third entry: "Numplayerpoints".
This is still allowing a human player in mp games to take as many points as the pre made Wizard could do though,by simply just manually clicking on each perk and deselecting it instead of clicking reset , but it will let you use exactly the self defined number after clicking reset.

Btw., my mod is called Balanced and Diversity mod,BD,and will go live in 1 or 2 days. Ive put a lot of effort into rebalancing the races.

Thank you for this mod. I use the 1st version and it provides me a good challenge. The NPC mages are better at fenfing off the dremer than before but some do not make it. The only thing i can say negative was the Nervil and adamantium, when i got to the lower levels none was spawned. I think that the metal should be increased instead of decreased because the NPC can really use the boost in armor.- started another game i guess i had bad luck that map.

Last edited:
@maseren - Thanks for the update! That's interesting to know how multiplayer points works. Now that Warlock 2 is out, however, I'm probably not going to do any more updates to this mod. If you haven't checked out Warlock 2, you definitely should. It's a much better game than the original and it has TONS of new content. Plus it's super easy to do your own modding with the built-in tools, so you could easily change things to suit your needs, for both single or multiplayer.

@zolinar - Thank you! I'm glad you like it. ^_^ That's a good point about the metal spawning--I hadn't considered maps where neither of those resources would be placed. At this point, though, I'm probably not going to make any updates to Ultimate Wizards. If I do, it'll be in a new version of the mod for Warlock 2, which you should definitely check out if you haven't already!