[Mod][Total Conversion] Star Trek: New Civilisations

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Patchnotes for STNC-2105h:

Events/Setup: Sabotage Fleet espionage operation added. Allows players to target an enemy fleet, destroying one or more ships within.
Graphics: Updated Class A Geothermal planet graphics.
Graphics/Setup: Klingon Fek'lhr class Heavy Cruiser added at tier 8, tier 10 refit and Exploration Cruiser variant available.
Graphics/Setup: Romulan Ibis class Battleship added at tier 7, tier 9 refit.

Ibis.png
FekIhr.png

Patchnotes for STNC-2105i:

Events: Ruin of Fellebia anomaly and dig site added.
Events/Setup: Trading Stations now have a chance to stock "rumours" relating to four dig site chains - Fellebia, Myrmidon, Le-Troska and Devil's Heart; typically starting from 75 years in.
Setup: Fellebian Marbles relic added.
Setup: Minor tweaks to edge case event scope issues.

I noticed in the ship designer that when I replace EPS Manifold II (4% ship weapons damage) with Tetryon Relays I (5% tetryon weapons damage), the damage listed on the right-side Ship Stats area decreases as if I have no component is in the slot, even when all of my weapons are Tetryon Bolts. Is this a UI bug?

The components should work fine in actual combat though, but yeah not ideal!

Patchnotes for STNC-2105j:
Events/Setup: Trading Stations will now have a small chance to stock Merculite Missile schematics in their rare inventories.
Events/Setup: Trading Stations will now have a small chance to stock rumours of a dimensional crossing the Delta Volanis or Khazan cluster.
Graphics: Photon Torpedo bloom levels reduced.
Graphics: Update to Bajoran flag.
Graphics/Setup: Cardenas class Battlecruiser tier 5 refit added.
Graphics/Setup: Leonidas class Battlecruiser added at tier 12.
Localisation: Fixed minor issues with ship class names appearing in Expanse selection.
Setup: Mars starts at 1% habitabilty instead of -49%.
Setup: Merculite Missile components added - low damage / high rate of fire / low cost.
Setup: Minor fixes to some event chain's event pictures.
Setup: Risian Hor'gahn relic's cost and effects have been fixed.

Leonidas.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Patchnotes for STNC-2105k:

Events: Added "protoplanetary disk" survey outcome to exploration clusters.
Graphics: Updated Deltan flag.
Graphics: Updated Lissepian flag.
Graphics: Updated Tamarian flag.
Graphics: Updated Valerian flag.
Setup: Borg 2nd and 3rd tier manufacturies should grant Borg jobs instead of standard jobs.
Setup: Colonisation technologies have been added, one per planet class group (e.g. M class, Y class). Players start the game with their own group unlocked, can unlock other types if they possess a pop species with that habitability. This is intended to prevent odd situations where the Axanari or Tholians account for half the pops in the galaxy. Games in progress will have the appropriate techs granted.
Setup/Graphics: Added A'ad class Frigate for Klingons at tier 8, tier 10 refit.
Setup/Graphics: Updated Hegh'jop Frigate for Klingons, moved to tier 11 with tier 12 refit. Assimilated textures added.

Aad.png

Patchnotes for STNC-2105m:

Graphics: Nygean species portraits added.
Graphics/Setup: Nygean Arhek class Scout added, tier 4, 8 and 12 refits.
Graphics/Setup: Nygean clothing added to Iconography Institution.
Graphics/Setup: Nygean Ikram class Cruiser added, tier 7 and 10 refits.
Graphics/Setup: Nygean Rejesk class Destroyer added, tier 5 and 8 refits.
Graphics/Setup: Nygean Vekto class Command Cruiser added, tier 9 and 11 refits.
Setup: Kritarchy civic and government added.
Setup: Nygean Protectorate added as a playable empire in the Delta Quadrant.
Setup: Primitives should now be able to be surveyed properly.
Setup/Localisation: Nygean namelist added.

Nygean2.png
Nygean1.png

Hey, I am contemplating giving your mod a try, but seeing the admirable rate at which you crank out updates I wonder how "complete" it is? Do you have a roadmap of sorts?

Also, is it fully compatible with 3.03 already?

Hey, I am contemplating giving your mod a try, but seeing the admirable rate at which you crank out updates I wonder how "complete" it is? Do you have a roadmap of sorts?

I don't think 'complete' works for something like a total conversion. There is always more content to add, and I'll keep adding it.

The mod is fully functional and (from what my players tell me) fun to play. And yes, I keep it updated to the current version of Stellaris so it's good for 3.0.3.

The stuff I'm adding is incremental, and outside of some very very rare exceptions, fully save game compatible. So no worries about losing progress.

In terms of a roadmap, not really. I pick something I want to improve or add, and I do it. Then I move on to the next thing, etc.

Hopefully this helps! But yeah, give it a try and see how you like it. :)

This mod is the reason I'm playing Stellaris currently - it's very complete! I've been playing for a month or two now, and I'm consistently seeing things in the daily updates that I haven't seen yet!

I think I messed something up on a Dominion playthrough awhile ago because I couldn't fix my economy, and I didn't understand what I was supposed to be doing as the Borg, but I really enjoyed slaving as the Breen. Then I saw some updates for the Federation, so I started a new game and I'm having a blast with the Federation mechanics (start as the Andorians, Vulcans, Tellarites, or United Earth).

Anybody have any other recommendations for fun/unique starts? There are so many aliens (many with unique civics) that it's tough to get an idea of what to try next!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Science Council dialogue option to switch focus on/off for Merculite Missles (torpedo) does not display whether the focus is "On" or "Off" as the others do (the area in front of the colon is blank).

Science Council dialogue option to switch focus on/off for Merculite Missles (torpedo) does not display whether the focus is "On" or "Off" as the others do (the area in front of the colon is blank).
Yeah, spotted that and another small issue with their inventory not clearing. Fixed in next update, along with some cool tweaks to the random species portraits and clothing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Patchnotes for STNC-2105n:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1886496498&1

Graphics: Fixed Suliban default ruler wearing the wrong clothes.
Graphics: Minor tweak to Son'a Astrama class Frigate.
Graphics: Multiple species variants added to the "generic" species lists.
Graphics: Over 160 clothing files added or updated for "generic" species.
Graphics: Ventaxian species clothing added.
Graphics/Setup: "Generic" species have been added to the iconography system, allowing them to use uniforms of any other species in the iconography system.
Graphics/Setup: Added randomisation to which uniforms each "generic" species starts with access to.
Graphics/Setup: Son'a Norash class Scout added, tier 5 and 10 refits available.
Graphics/Setup: Starfleet Aegean class Scout added, tier 11 refit available.
Setup: Borg casus belli have been updated. AI will have pauses between wars, possible to declare war on borg without bordering them if they control more than 25% of the galaxy.
Setup: Fixed minor issue with impulse efficiency tech prerequisites.
Setup: Planet colonisation techs should no longer be needed for terraforming planets, only the appropriate terraforming techs.
Setup: Ventaxian primitive country updated.

Aegean.png

Patchnotes for STNC-2105o:

Events: Fixed distress call event referencing empire the player had encountered but not finished first contact with.
Graphics: Added Antaran species portraits.
Graphics: Updated Denobulan hair styles.
Graphics: Updated Denobulan portraits.
Graphics/Setup: Added Antaran uniforms and integrated into Iconography system.
Graphics/Setup: Added Denobulan uniforms and integrated into Iconography system.
Graphics/Setup: Starfleet Venus class Heavy Cruiser added at tier 11, tier 12 refit available.
Setup: Antaran Worlds playable empire added in the Beta Quadrant, replacing older Antaran primitives, starts with opinion malus and contact with Denobulans.
Setup: Starfleet Inquiry class Heavy Cruiser moved to tier 12.
Setup/Events: Fixed small issues with Neutral Zone naming.

Venus1.png

Patchnotes for STNC-2105p:
Graphics/Setup: Chalnoth Satyral class Battleship added at tier 6, tier 9 and 12 refits.
Graphics: Minor updates to Antedian portraits.
Graphics: Updated Antedian clothing, added to Iconography system.
Satyral.png

Patchnotes for STNC-2106:
Events: Notification events added for when another country builds a Planet Killer. High intel ratings will provide more detail.
Graphics: Updated Tholian ship textures.
Graphics/Setup: 'Ensnared' planet type added for those subjected to the Planetary Web weapon.
Graphics/Setup: Tholian Tarantula class Dreadnought added at tier 8, tier 10 and 12 refits available.
Setup: Added Ascension Theory technology granting +1 AP slots.
Setup: Breen Reznan Heavy Weapon Platform variants added.
Setup: Commercial Ventures Ascension Perk added, increases Trading Station latinum generation and increases odds of stocking a rare item.
Setup: Cryogenic Beam Ascension Perk added, unlocks Cryogenic Beam planet killer weapon.
Setup: Planet Killer CBs and War Goals added.
Setup: Planetary Web Ascension Perk added, unlocks Planetary Web planet killer weapon.
Setup: Removed Mind over Matter and Transcendence Ascension Perks.
Setup: Shared Destiny Ascension Perk now grants +33% Ascession speed for Federation/ISU member worlds, base speed reduced slightly.
Setup: Tholian Tarantula Heavy Weapon Platform variants added.
Setup: World Shaper Ascension Perk now boosts chance to get Terraforming tech options by 10x.
Setup/Localisation: Updated Breen ship namelists.
Tarantula.png

Patchnotes for STNC-2106a:

Events: Menthar Homeworld exploration cluster events added.
Events: Menthar Outpost anomaly added.
Events: Menthar Outpost dig site added.
Events/Setup: Added Menthar Outpost rumour option to Trading Station rare inventories.
Events/Setup: Fixed it so that more random dig events can occur on various dig site types.
Graphics: Added 5 new Trabe clothing items.
Graphics: Added 5 Norcadian clothing items.
Graphics: Added new loading screen variant.
Graphics: Updated Norcadian flag.
Graphics/Setup: Integrated Norcadians into the Iconography uniform system.
Graphics/Setup: Integrated Trabe into the Iconography uniform system.
Graphics/Setup: Tholian Recluse class Command Cruiser added at tier 7, tier 9 and 11 refits available.
Setup: Tholian Recluse Exploration Cruiser variant added - Tholians now have access to Exploration Cruiser unlocking Acension Perk.
Setup: Fixed issue preventing the UFP accession bonus from showing on the Shared Destiny civic.
Setup: Fixed issue with science ships returning with the wrong name from exploration clusters.
Setup: Fixed issue with terraforming Primal planets to Desert.
Setup: Menthar 'Monument to Futility' Relic added.
Recluse.png

Patchnotes for STNC-2106b:
Events: Fixed issue with Gamma Quadrant and Fluidic Space exploration ships not returning with their leaders.
Setup: Leader lifespans have been updated - more in keeping with those shown on the show.

Patchnotes for STNC-2106c:
Events: Microsingularity / Shuttlepod One inspired anomaly added.
Graphics: Minor texture update to most TOS Starfleet ships.
Graphics/Setup: Cravic added to Iconography system, female variant of their clothing added for non-Cravic female leaders.
Graphics/Setup: Pralor added to Iconography system, female variant of their clothing added for non-Pralor female leaders.
Graphics/Setup: Starfleet Yorktown tier 4 and 5 refits added using TOS and TMP aesthetic.

Patchnotes for STNC-2106d:
Graphics/Setup: Denobulan Barzai class Support Wing added, tier 4, 8 and 12 refits.
Graphics/Setup: Denobulan Ruzan class Light Cruiser added, tier 7 and 11 refits.
Events: Borg Invasion crisis for Quadrant maps has been updated, additional events added.
Events: Fixed multiple events to account for minor (vanilla) event behaviour issue. Dominion crisis should behave as expected.
UI: Added links to the RMG Discord and Steam Collection to the main menu.

Yorktowns.png
Ruzan.png
Barzai.png

Patchnotes for STNC-2106e:

Events: 'Escaped Criminal' diplomatic event added.
Graphics: Added additional Agrathi hair options.
Graphics: Updated and added new Argrathi uniform options.
Graphics: Updated Argrathi portraits, added new colour variants.
Graphics/Setup: Agrathi have been added to the Iconography uniform system.
Graphics/Setup: Denobulan Phelax class Command Cruiser added, tier 9 and 12 refits.
Setup: Assimilating a pop will grant the Borg a small amount of intel on the original owner.
Setup: Small boost to assimilation module chance to assimilate a ship, fixed issue with Dreadnoughts being *far* less likely to be assimilated than expected.
Setup: Surveillance State Unity Ambition has been added.
Setup: Unity Ambitions have been re-implemented.

Phelax1.png

Phelax2.png

Phelax3.png

Attachments

• Phelax1.png
    Phelax1.png
    6,8 MB · Views: 0
Patchnotes for STNC-2106g:

Graphics/Setup: Romulan Dhailkhina class Heavy Cruiser added at tier 11, tier 12 refit.
Graphics/Setup: APU Interpreter class Light Cruiser added at tier 3, tier 6 and 9 refits.
Events: Uhura and other leaders from Kelvin timeline event chain should now be correct species.
Setup: Fixed issue preventing AI from selecting better weapons over Baryon weapons.
Setup: Species traits with slave cost modifiers should now be in Latinum rather than Energy Credits.
Localisation: Romulan, Reman, Cravic and Pralor namelists updated.

Dhailkhina.png

So I tried a game as United Earth and really like the improvements over the old version. However there are a few things bugging me that I believe could be improved:
- Just as planets can be specialized in alloys and consume goods, they should be able to specialized in components as well.
-Job weight is as always a complete headache, and I think some improvements could be make.
- I know this is a vanilla issue, but Ai should build more research labs instead of just using the one it gets in the capital
- Borgs should be able to close borders after a war and viceversa. As there are no diplo options, once a war is ended each side as unlimited access to each other space.
- combat balance is a bit iffy, and torpedoes seem to be the best option due to their damage + penetration bonuses. Also in regards to ships there is imo some serious unbalance with for example the heavy cruiser line of the United Earth being worse than the battle cruisers in the mayority of aspects while costing the same.
- there should be much more option in ship computers rather than limiting it to only two per ship. For example a torpedo heavy destroyer should be able to pick artillery or at least line option while a cruise center heavily on small weapons (Cloverfield, Ares) should b able to equip swarm ( that by the shows would almost be the lore friendly option).
- the tech reward from the Skorr quest line could probably be a firerate bonus instead of a force disparity bonus as it is a bonus probably impossible to see.

There already was a Components colony type, but in today's patch I've made it clearer with an appropriate icon.

Job weights will *always* be subjective... but if you have any suggestions then feel free to list instances where things can be improved.

The feedback I get elsewhere is that torpedoes may even need a buff, given the effect of PD. But I'll do some more balance testing soon.

I'm going to add some more Mission Profile components soon, because yeah, it's a bit limited right now!

Good suggestions. :)