• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
LotOR Dev Diary #8 - Delay

DISCLAIMER: The following images have been taken from a Work In Progress version of the mod and don't represent the final product.

Hey everyone, we hope that everyone is taking care this holiday season! It's time for another dev diary and we have new information based on our first round of beta testing!

Beta Updates
As mentioned in our last dev diary, we are still in the process of beta testing the mod. Our initial testing has helped us correct various issues ranging from localization mistakes to entire event chains not firing but we still have a long way to go to ensure the release of a stable and satisfactory mod.

1640286979515.png

For example map layout changes for increased readability

Internal testing from the development team also revealed some issues that needed to be corrected as well as filling in the gaps between certain events, finalizing some shipset related material, and including new content to the mod. This includes species, events, and shipsets and other additions to the mod.

1640286999408.png

The Toong Primitives now in New Dawn as well as Legacy of the Old Republic!

1640287087869.png

Kuat Defence Forces - now with particles!

1640287048268.png

Neimodian Purse Worlds shortly after their Independence from Duro. Just like Lotor, the Neimodian Purse Worlds are also not ready

A slight change of plans
With that being said, we do have some slight unfortunate news. We will be delaying the public release of our mod to extend beta testing for the new content being added and polishing of existing content. This means we will not release Lotor over the next few weeks.

We will instead have a prolonged beta phase and invite more people to it. With Christmas right around the corner everyone is rather busy but if you want to help us out with Feedback or even want to join the development team, reach out to us on the RMG Discord.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
NOTE: All images used are from an internal build of the mod and do not represent the final product.
Greetings from the LOTOR dev team! It's been a while since we discussed the state of the mod and how development is going. We are still currently beta testing the mod and making constant changes as we go to ensure we have a mod worthy of a 1.0 release.

Multiplayer Beta Feedback:​

In February, we started doing multiplayer beta tests to see how well the mod handles multiplayer and what new bugs need to be fixed. Thanks to our beta testers, we've prevented such catastrophes as the "Rubicator" vanilla event from triggering with every hostile fleet kill. Their input has led to several reworks and new additions to the mod, and we are thankful they are willing to provide feedback. Besides that, it was a lot of fun to watch the galaxy burn from multiple perspectives, aka the Hutt Empire using Credits to destabilize certain parts of the galaxy or the constant visit by the Muun sales person about possible loans.
That being said, we have hit our limit for beta testers and will not be needing to recruit anymore. (It's not that we don't enjoy the presence of new testers, but what's the point of sharing with only a select few when we could release it to everyone very soon?!)
Several aspects of our mod have been reworked following the 3.3 update. As of now, our mod is updated to the most recent version with the necessary changes made to jobs, buildings, and traditions. Furthermore, we needed to streamline some areas and change a couple of megastructures and technologies with the removal of admin capacities.

1647541502198.png

• Communication Relays give you a certain amount of base intel on neighboring countries alongside reductions in empire size from pops and colonies because of the additional communication infrastructure.
  • As usual, everything is WIP and subject to change.
In addition to small changes and tweaks, we also found the time to add a couple of new ascension perks.

1647541517098.png

Certain areas of the map have been expanded with new hyperlanes, allowing for easier travel between worlds and new ways for the Unknown Regions to reach the main part of the galaxy.

1647541595393.png

We are currently experimenting with a new mechanic representing the Major Trade Lines in the Star Wars Galaxy by connecting systems alongside them through "wormholes" that allow the bypass of certain planets while still making blockades possible.

1647541619735.png

With this feature, it should be easier and faster to travel across great distances in the galaxy, but at the same time, the trade routes can be disabled in the game start menu.
A slightly less daunting but still crucial for immersion is name list reworks. Some name lists, such as the one used for the Jedi, have been rewritten almost entirely to have era-fitting names. Others have received tweaks to either expand the selection of names or remove some leftover Paradox names.

1647541627031.png

Another area of immersion rework is empire rooms. Many rooms have been modified to better fit with their assigned empires. For example, the old Duro room has been replaced with a new one that better represents them living in orbital cities above their homeworld. Rooms that seemed empty, sparse, or uninteresting have been reworked or replaced entirely, such as the old Hutt and Coruscant rooms.
To improve accessibility for people without certain DLC, namely MegaCorp, we also have variants of certain empires like the Czerka Corporation that don't require the Megacorp DLC to function. These variants are still in the early stages of proper testing and are limited to the empires using the MegaCorp DLC, and will most likely need to be reworked.

Further Additions:
With every batch of reworks comes new additions. We've expanded some starting events for some key empires, giving the player new things to do in the early game. However, not all empires will have starting quests, and not all empires will have empire-specific ones. This also applies to empire-specific traditions, which we've added several since the last dev diary.
Additionally, new government types and authorities have been added to certain empires. These new government and authority types are era-appropriate and reflect how these empires existed in this broad period of galactic history.

1647541643374.png

As we wrap up this dev diary, we'd like to thank you for your support and are happy that the RMG Discord now has over 1,200 members on the server!
Before we publicly release the mod, we will publish another dev diary with words from our team and what to expect in our mod on release and beyond. Stay tuned!

As usual you can join our Discord here: RMG Community Discord Server

• 2Like
Reactions:

Dev Diary 10 - The first step into a larger World​

Greetings and welcome to the 10th and, for now, final Dev Diary for SW: Legacy of the Old Republic! Today, we will discuss the features you can look for in the release of the mod as well as update cycles, and last but not least, the launch date.

The First Release - Foundation 1.0.0​

After roughly 1.5 years, Lotor is in a release-ready state. Depending on who you might ask, this point was already reached a few months ago, but as a developer, it is rather hard not to get release anxiety since you always have additional things in mind you want to do until then. Nevertheless, the following features will be included:

A Large Star Wars Galaxy, built from the ground up and consisting of roughly 1.2k systems. We are also trying to get a smaller map into the first release.

meUniWgvxS4Ko04bCdVIULUkDk2HvDrvOc80H6li52kdCGnYMU9i5GEswpiwUxaXMlR6qvW-IJCiEkU3wghyp2CM9IXXhw1-rKqKdWxK5f6lwZVctc_W9BVo9aJnwStQPvZeis6T

Furthermore, LotOR will start with 48 custom-built Star Wars Empires, from the outer rim worlds of Ryloth and Dromund Kaas up to the Core Empires of Coruscant and Alsakan.
The Empires are listed by which galactic quadrant they're located in, and certain empires have special symbols to indicate additional content like quest chains, etc.
44MDZcyF44YAAqS2b5mCcqFuXHI6b0ywgMIMbeWHw60UY5ue3BD7iBapQWIzFdhYLyVQxPJ06bLGZFArDxnPpB7kf6Qh24s37ob000_C5q99qg6HEV4VLa8-U0Mj-e5SDsKOQmsD

Nevertheless, this first update focuses on the Setup of the Mod itself and the first half of the Mandalorian Crusade, which means that SWTOR Content and Knights of the Old Republic content won't be included in the release.

At the moment, the Galaxy has two Crises, the Mandalorian Crusade and the Resurgence of the Sith Empire (which is more of a minor thing currently and will be fleshed out in upcoming thematic updates).

QyzKE5ywPth4DUOUj2PNG2Qq5cmwvYdoLi3Va1bqsT865BJE_gxK44yn5zaFS-m7NBz1IrlLORxFDb5R33xVrC68WGVfV1om0f4M29jvHt3zMs1e_-m-J7Bx5C3l9xvteEMWU0il

Besides that, a lot of minor things were added to make the galaxy more interesting, from the Unknown Regions and the unique way of entering them to the Drengir Horde located in its isolated cluster, and of course, the 20 Wonders of the Galaxy for you to find!

dBw8e4eqoxaeAVsS3OvwHNIMGnNmJxJjsZzJsA2Wyg34fZHWCMNaeMd3Mt8B7XSJe_aEQvDN6c-NYLYXf-fwSX9SzovxeIZ5Yjr8Q-limGhKZfOf1uOcjj5hK54gqhX-Mbe-db_p

Next to all of this, Lotor also has unique Technologies and Components. Ship sizes will stay as in vanilla for now since their rework will take some time, and additionally, it would break other Graphical Culture Mods (aka Shippacks).

With the topic of other mods, you will be able to create your own empire inside the Lotor Galaxy and spawn in one of 8 set spawn points as whatever empire you want to be!

G8SnAQRBvf5CxiTrremmt1Hl4yTh6-ZT5Z0PJ1D-XvVs-M46YOWgBlSIkmPvTq4-MDXBqURizvOc3lH0HhBL5IvMiCyXZ5ybs3uESLsZ3Hd8SvZ6BRw-WmiClMwnUIE3Mz6OoU59

Any Graphical or Species mod will work with Legacy of the Old Republic; mods that add more content like unique techs, ship classes, etc., will require a compatibility patch. We will try to make Lotor as compatible as possible, but the focus will lie on Lotor itself.

Obviously, there are other features like the traditions or new governments and resources we showed in past dev diaries, but this should be a sufficient list of important features.

One thing we deliberately left out of the first release is Relics and Digsites, these require additional love, and we didn't want to throw random Relics into the Galaxy.
The first major patch for Legacy of the Old Republic will likely focus on Exploration, Ancient Relics, and ...

The First Release - When?​

On a rather playful day, we are happy to announce the release date of SW: Legacy of the Old Republic. (We promise this isn't an April Fool's Prank!) Lotor will be released on April 8th, in precisely one week. Thank you to everyone who has followed this journey to the end.

As usual, you can join our Discord here to see some last-minute teasers and further announcements:
RMG Community Discord Server

Thank youu very much for all the qork you put doing this mod, i have been waiting a lot from this and i want to try it.
I will wait for the 8 of april to play it.
I only have one question because i have bought stellaris with all the DLC in steam, and with steam there is a problem with the launcher, it will be avaible for steam and there is a way to bypass the launcher so i can play this mod?
Once again thank you very much for all your hard work, i am from buenos aires Argentina.
Best Regards

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank youu very much for all the qork you put doing this mod, i have been waiting a lot from this and i want to try it.
I will wait for the 8 of april to play it.
I only have one question because i have bought stellaris with all the DLC in steam, and with steam there is a problem with the launcher, it will be avaible for steam and there is a way to bypass the launcher so i can play this mod?
Once again thank you very much for all your hard work, i am from buenos aires Argentina.
Best Regards
I think you need the launcher to set active mods. Maybe join our Discord server and you might find other people that have encountered your problem and maybe they can help.

Hi, I've recently downloaded the mod and not sure how this forum works, but opon installing this mod, it fails, then tells me that the installation is missing a "descriptor" file.
Also, I used paradox to install the mod because I downloaded the game off of gamepass, I don't yet know if that is a problem.