• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
is there achance to get this trough launcher? I find steam workshop laggy i subsribed but its not apearing
No, probably not, sorry. Originally I did post all of my mods on PDX Mods, but I find it quite a tedious service to use and I update this mod regularly, so it's easier for me to only have to maintain it on one platform.

TIP II is now fully compatible with the wonderful Community Flavor Pack!

It previously contained a couple of overlapping files which edited beards and hairstyles for monks in Eastern religions, but El Tyranos was kind enough to incorporate these fixes into the CFP, so I was able to remove them from TIP II.

I've updated the OP with more up-to-date information and some screenshots, so hopefully that gives people a better idea of what's included. :)

TIP Vol. II mod v1.9
Well, it took much longer than expected, but here's v1.9 with Celtic paganism (two varieties), Venetian culture and a couple of new Christian heresies.

Code:
v1.9

--- Dynasties

- added the Barbolano dynasty
- changed a load of Lombard, Italian and Cisalpine dynasties to Venetian

--- Cultures

- added the Venetian (Latin) culture
- added the Marine Infantry cultural innovation
- added the Fanti da Mar (skirmishers) MaA regiment
- added the War Chariots (heavy cav) holy order MaA regiment for the Celtic religion group
- updated some MaA AI values

--- Decisions

- the Divine the Stars decision can now also be unlocked by holding Salisbury (Stonehenge) as a holy site
- the Dismantle the Papacy decision can now also be taken by Celtic pagans
- added a new way to kill the Pope for Celtic pagan faiths dismantling the Papacy

--- Localization

- added loads of new names
- added some missing Celtic title localization for Brittany
- added some new mercenary company and holy order names

--- Religions

- added two Celtic pagan (Gaelic and Gaulish) faiths
- added two Christian (Docetism and Marcionism) faiths
- added various new holy sites
- changed the Canterbury holy site to Lindisfarne for Insular Christianity
- changed the Suenik holy site to Dvin for Apostolic Christianity

--- History

- changed Champagne's de jure capital from Reims to Troyes
- changed Nobatia's de jure capital from Faras to Qasr Ibrim
- changed some Italian Drengot characters to Sicilian culture
- various Celtic (Irish/Pictish) characters are now correctly represented as Gaelic pagan rather than generic pagan

• 1Like
Reactions:
TIP Vol. II mod v1.9b
Some more stuff! Someone's going to be doing an Ireland playthrough next week so I wanted to throw some more goodies around. :)

Code:
v1.9b

--- General

- added the Norse-Gaelic (Goidelic) culture
- added the Icelandic (North Germanic) culture
- updated the Norse culture split event with Norse-Gaelic (Ireland/Scotland) and Icelandic (Iceland)
- updated the Irish and Gaelic culture name lists
- changed/standardized a load of Irish and Gaelic character names
- changed Gaelic culture's patronym suffix to be the same as Irish
- changed the Ívarring and their cadet branches to be Norse-Gaelic by 1066
- changed a few Norse and Norwegian dynasties to be Icelandic by 1066
- Dublin, Mann, Galloway, Argyll and the Hebrides are now Norse-Gaelic culture (1066)
- Austisland and Vestisland are now Icelandic culture (1066)
- added Kettil Flatnose's nickname
- added a few more nicknames to some Scottish kings
- added loads of new names
- added some new dynasty names
- added some new mercenary company names
- added some custom title localization for the new cultures
- added some theocracy title localization for the Celtic religion group
- added the Fianna cultural innovation for Ireland
- changed the Gallowglass Septs cultural innovation to be a regional innovation
- changed the Gallowglass (skirmishers) MaA regiment to be a regional MaA regiment for The Isles
- Irish culture now starts with the Fianna innovation unlocked (1066)
- Norman culture now starts with the Arched Saddle innovation unlocked (1066)
- Gaelic culture now gets Hobelars as its MaA regiment again, instead of Gallowglass
- gave the Mountain Warriors MaA regiment terrain bonuses a slight damage buff
- added some terrain bonuses for the Gallowglass MaA regiment (forest/taiga/hills)
- added some missing Gaelic and Pictish title localization for Scotland
- replaced the Just and Arbitrary traits with Patient and Impatient as virtues/sins for the Basque religion group
- added the Witch trait as a virtue for the Basque religion group
- replaced the Esotericism tenet with Sanctioned False Conversions (Taqiya) for the Alawite faith
- updated a few decision triggers
- updated some MaA AI values

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hey, as I said on your Steam page (I'm Vakiadia there) I'm loving the mod. The additions are nice and complementary to the rest of the game, both the religious and cultural changes. I looked at some of your cultural additions (especially the Crimean Gothic culture) and wondered if you'd consider my suggestion for a culture vanilla lacks and maybe an accompanying pagan faith too!

The Circassians, or Adyghe, a Caucasian culture which today has mostly been exiled from its homeland. I would give it one or two counties in the northern Caucasus, Zichia which is Alan in both 867 and 1066 and Tmutakaran which is Khazar in 867 and Russian in 1066, based on the map here. I would also probably put a Circassian count as a vassal of the duchy of Alania in both 867 and 1066. The culture itself I'd put in the Byzantine group, same as the Alans and Georgians. In my searches I found that someone as already drawn up a dynasty list for them a few months ago on these forums and allowed others to draw from it, too. Here is the link; as for namelists, this 7 1/2 year old post from the CK2 modding forum has a readily available public resource that can be converted to CK3 without much hassle I presume/hope.

As for the pagan faith, detailed here on Wikipedia and here from a more detailed pdf,, I'd call it "Xabze" and put it in its own religious family called "Adyghe". On its symbol I'd draw something up derived from the wheel-like symbol in the Wikipedia article. For tenets, I would give it Communal Identity, Ritual Celebrations, and Ancestor Worship. Other possible tenets would be Sanctity of Nature or Astrology, but from what I've checked the one I gave at first would be a unique combination from all vanilla religions and the ones you've already added. For ease of access I'll post a detailed suggestion for how I would set it up by CK3's parameters for doctrines and deities list, based mostly on that pdf and other resources from the same site.

View on Gender: Male Dominated
Religious Attitude: Pluralist
Clerical Tradition: Theocratic
Head of Faith: None
Marriage Type: Monogamous
Divorce: Must be approved
Bastardry: Legitimization
Consanguinity: Close-kin Taboo
Same-Sex Relations: Shunned
Male Adultery: Shunned
Female Adultery: Shunned
Deviancy: Shunned
Witchcraft: Criminal
Kinslaying: Close-kin is Criminal
Clerical Function: Alms and Pacification
Clerical Gender: Either
Clerical Marriage: Allowed
Clerical Appointment: Temporal, Revocable

High God: Theshxwe
Creator God: Theshxwe
Health God: Sozeresh
Fertility God: Sozeresh
Wealth God: Zchegwpathe
Household God: Zchegwpathe
Fate God: Mamish
Knowledge God: Mamish
War God: Tetertup
Trickster God: Sosriqwe
Night God: Yemich
Water God: Psithe
Other good god names: Theghelej, Theghwiychu, Lhepsch, Awishijer, Zchithe, Hewits-Hesh, Schible
Witch God: Almesti
Devil Name: Peqwe
Death God: Hedrixe
Other evil god names: Ch’erisch’en

Ultimately the decision is yours on whether or not to add either of these since its your mod, this is just a suggestion on my part. Additionally, you have the full right to deviate from the parameters I wrote above if you choose to add the culture and/or religion to your mod, I would not be upset at all if you did that, don't worry. Best of luck with the mod, whatever you decide to do with this suggestion I drew up!

• 3Like
Reactions:
@Tomaster

Thanks a lot for your kind words and suggestions. I'll take a look at some of the information you've provided.

Glad you're enjoying the mod!

I enjoy Ireland starts (I am Irish) so I will be giving this mod a try.
Thanks, I hope you enjoy it. If you have any feedback let me know here. If you're interested, there's a YouTube series based in Ireland using the mod available here, and I've just started an AAR as the Isles (which will feature Ireland at some point) here.

Wanted to say this mod is underrated, this mod added so much almost in the level of dieu et mon druit. you add ne province, culture, religion tenet, men at arms, and innovations and that's pretty amazing, it's like one package of discount .

If i may give suggestions maybe is the the Norman and Scandinavian invasion on England should not be disabled instead, you can add it as game rules where the player can chose to enable or disable like Mongol invasion, my second suggestion is maybe giving every man-at-arm separate picture to add the flavour, third suggestion maybe you wanted to integrate city of wonder 2 in your mod if city of wonder moder give permission because city of wonder 2 mod features I think will be suitable in your mod

• 2Like
Reactions:
Great mod, will there be a Gaelic empire/union in a future update? Or even just a union of the crowns of Ireland and Scotland (like Robert the Bruce envisioned)?

• 1Like
Reactions:
How much is this mod of an overkill for the ""casual"" CK3 player? I can see the immense value if you're a historian or enthusiast, but for gameplay reasons, can someone give me their opinion of wether or not this mod will add to a normal gameplay instead of hindering it - like, if it blocks some natural AI progressions due to different faiths.

How much is this mod of an overkill for the ""casual"" CK3 player? I can see the immense value if you're a historian or enthusiast, but for gameplay reasons, can someone give me their opinion of wether or not this mod will add to a normal gameplay instead of hindering it - like, if it blocks some natural AI progressions due to different faiths.
The new faiths are mostly just 'dead' religions for the history files, heresies that are unlikely to crop up, and Euskal paganism for Basque country (that's the counties on the border of Spain and France, and it's only the province religion, not on any playable characters). The changes to Insular Irish Christianity make it arguably slightly stronger: less hostile to the Norse and more hostile to heresies that pop up in their own vassals. Changes to the Norse religion, it's harder to say what effect they have. I think they help, but only because the vanilla Norse are... maybe too good at messing up anyone near them.

Outside of religion, there are a lot of database fixes and other less obvious things - adding spouses & children for rulers with known spouses & children, giving dynasties the correct coat-of-arms, etc.

Anyways, point is, in my experience, it doesn't break anything.

The only place I know of where gameplay has been sacrificed for historical accuracy is with Michael III being Byzantine Emperor instead of Basil I in 867. The mod puts him in where vanilla CK3 doesn't. Historically Michael III is still alive at the start of 867, but has no (legitimate) children and is a drunkard, and Basil murders him and seizes the throne before the end of the year. So, playing as Byzantines in 867 is now a much harder start, as you have to play as Michael instead of Basil. :eek: But if you play as anyone other than the 867 Byzantine Emperor, you probably wouldn't notice that change.

It's basically just a big collection of minor fixes. Even if I don't agree with 100% of the changes (mostly for history nerd reasons), I would say without reservation that the mod improves on vanilla CK3.

Hi, great mod, just what I was looking for. I made a compatch/merge for More Cultural Names for anyone interested. You need to delete what's in "/landed files" of this mod and plop the attached file there. In the launcher, don't actually select More Cultural Names to be loaded, or it will crash.

If I missed anything/something is different from vanilla TIP and it shouldn't be, please let me know and I will fix it :D

Attachments

• 00_landed_titles.txt
    7,3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
I just wanted to say that I had a fun afternoon playing a Dalmatian dynasty (starting in Ragusa in 867) with this mod and I found it to be a lot of fun. Very much enjoyed it, hope to keep the kingdom of Dalmatia going.

• 1Like
Reactions: