• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the latest version of the game 3.3.3 makes every single coat of arms just black can u guys fix this asap

Try clearing out the graphics cache (...\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\Tianxia\gfx) and see if that helps.

If it doesn't, well, we're pretty unlikely to attempt to hotfix a graphical issue at the moment, so you'll have to live with it for the time being.

Sometimes vanilla's setup in our part of the map needs to be tweaked a bit for greater accuracy...

ck2_13.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Why Xia is a empire level title?
Because Weiming Jingzong, a.k.a Li Yuanhao, declared himself "Emperor" in 1038.
However, in view of demesne size/power and the successors, I do not consider Xia is a valid emperor tier title too.
But for gaming, the Chinese Imp. gov requires an emperor tier title, I guess that why they did this change (even though I would like them staying theocracy feudal)

Why Xia is a empire level title?

Because they were pretender emperors of China (even if their main accomplishment was "Didn't get conquered by someone quite as quickly as other pretenders"), which means they should get to play on the same terms as other pretender emperors (with an emperor-tier title, Chinese Imperial, the Mandate of Heaven, access to better CBs to conquer China, etc.).

Is the Incan Invasion still planned? Or is it completely left out?

It's still in the plans. Currently, it's in the low priority pile, but as I do like Sunset Invasion and would want the Incas ready by the time I get around to playing a Tianxia campaign it is quite possible that I'll spend a little time I'd otherwise spend doing non-Tianxia stuff on getting them ready for the next version...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Because they were pretender emperors of China (even if their main accomplishment was "Didn't get conquered by someone quite as quickly as other pretenders"), which means they should get to play on the same terms as other pretender emperors (with an emperor-tier title, Chinese Imperial, the Mandate of Heaven, access to better CBs to conquer China, etc.).

You should make them to have a kingdom title with the name "Empire of Xia" and make title of the holder of that title "Emperor".

Reactions:
You should make them to have a kingdom title with the name "Empire of Xia" and make title of the holder of that title "Emperor".

That would mean they don't play on the same terms as any of the other pretenders we have in the game, seeing as all the other pretenders (present in a start date we're planning to support in the next version, at least; pretenders between dates or after 1066 might not be in or might be ignored in some cases) are emperor tier, and we don't want to play favourites between pretenders.

Also, even if we ignore the inherent bonuses of being an emperor tier ruler (e.g. more monthly prestige and the ability to have king tier vassals) that we can't really adjust we'd need to change quite a few things behind the scenes to make everything else work in a similar fashion just for one special case if we went with a kingdom tier title, and a bunch of extra problems that we don't have to deal with with an emperor tier title (e.g. any secondary kingdoms they create possibly being gavelkinded/factioned out of their hands) would have to be considered, so having them with a titular empire is preferable and a lot more straightforward.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, but I can't seem to find anything here talking about trade routes. I can't seem to build any in areas that the mod adds despite them being silk road trading ports. I do have a single mod that changes buildings, but I tested it without that and the issue is still present.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, but I can't seem to find anything here talking about trade routes. I can't seem to build any in areas that the mod adds despite them being silk road trading ports. I do have a single mod that changes buildings, but I tested it without that and the issue is still present.

Which province or provinces are you trying to build in?

Are the downloads in the first post compatible with the latest ck2 version?

There have been a few minor vanilla patches since the latest release, which could have broken something, but since those patches didn't change much it is quite possible that the latest release still works as well as it did when it was released (which, based on the number and nature of the bugs that have been reported, would mean it works quite well).

• 1Like
Reactions:
There have been a few minor vanilla patches since the latest release, which could have broken something, but since those patches didn't change much it is quite possible that the latest release still works as well as it did when it was released (which, based on the number and nature of the bugs that have been reported, would mean it works quite well).
It still works fine for me. I've been doing a Song Dynasty playthrough, and I haven't had any issues.

• 1Like
Reactions:
多謝

Guys, is the game being really slow normal for Tianxia mod? Have 8gb of ram.

Some slowdown should be expected compared to base CK2 since it's essentially expanding the map by 1/3rd.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Guys, is the game being really slow normal for Tianxia mod? Have 8gb of ram.

Since we've added plenty of stuff on top of everything in vanilla without removing anything from vanilla unless it was unavoidable there's no way the mod will be as fast as vanilla under normal conditions (weird games where the whole map converts to a featureless religion or something might be an exception), and given that we are fairly unlikely to change anything in vanilla without a very good reason and are adding more stuff it probably isn't getting better.

If you want to speed things up you could adjust the event offsets slightly (I'd personally go with 20 -> 30 for rulers and 50 -> 75 for courtiers) to get a bit of performance back, but without changing the offsets by a lot (which I don't recommend; there are side-effects that get more pronounced the more you increase them) it probably won't cover everything, particularly since a number of things affecting performance aren't directly tied to the offsets.

Reactions:
Is there any way to get rid of the Eunuchs position in the council or just centralise more power as a Chinese Emperor? You can barely change any laws because it's just a barrage of "no" votes. I'm aware the eunuch circle was powerful in Chinese History but there were also many occasions where they were completely wiped out for corrupting and undermining the Emperor's power.

Is there any way to get rid of the Eunuchs position in the council or just centralise more power as a Chinese Emperor? You can barely change any laws because it's just a barrage of "no" votes. I'm aware the eunuch circle was powerful in Chinese History but there were also many occasions where they were completely wiped out for corrupting and undermining the Emperor's power.

For every Council Power law you shift in the ruler's favour there'll be one less Council Eunuch, so as the emperor's power grows the eunuchs' influence decreases and as the emperor's power decreases the eunuchs become more influential (somewhat diminishing the influence that vassals can wield on the council if it is empowered).

As for the Council Eunuchs voting against everything, they vote according to their voting pattern (generally Pragmatist) unless a Favour has been called in, so you're probably trying to do things that aren't in line with their pattern or are returning Favours to someone that is opposed to whatever you're doing. You could always buy Favours from eunuchs not on the council (e.g. those sent by foreign realms) and replace the uppity eunuchs with them, or try to convince the non-Council Eunuchs on the council to vote in favour of your proposals.

There have also been a few minor adjustments made for the next version that should make it a bit more likely for very happy or very upset Council Eunuchs to switch to Loyalist or Malcontent (respectively) and for them to be more on board with some stuff that's suitable the Chinese Imperial government (e.g. no longer thinking that viceroyalties should be abolished), but the Council Eunuchs are supposed to be a bother you have to deal with if you're Chinese Imperial and don't centralize power (or if your liege is Chinese Imperial and you are a councillor trying to get things done) and it is unlikely that we'll make it easier to get rid of them.

Reactions: