• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've been trying the mod out on the CM start, 'cause I'm a rebel. So far, everything seems to be playable. Am I just dense, or is there more stuff in the 1066 starts? BTW, I also was lucky enough to get the Sword of Goujian and both Gan Jiang and Mo Ye, so :p. Great work so far! Only real issue is the messed-up portraits with the portrait mods enabled.

"More stuff" is rather vague, so while I don't think we've added anything specific that only shows up later on I can't say for sure unless I know what you mean.

As for the artefacts, good to hear that they can be found. Did you try to go down different paths when looking for Gan Jiang and Mo Ye, or did you pick the same option both times?

I've done some work on merging Heavens Graphics Overhaul with this mods map and was wondering if you would be okay with me releasing the mod as a sub mod for this on steam?

Here's a picture of what it looks like
73echf2pbud31.jpg

I've done some work on merging Heavens Graphics Overhaul with this mods map and was wondering if you would be okay with me releasing the mod as a sub mod for this on steam?

Here's a picture of what it looks like
73echf2pbud31.jpg

I'll summon @LumberKing to answer that, since I've not been given permission to approve submods and most of the map stuff isn't my work.

"More stuff" is rather vague, so while I don't think we've added anything specific that only shows up later on I can't say for sure unless I know what you mean.

As for the artefacts, good to hear that they can be found. Did you try to go down different paths when looking for Gan Jiang and Mo Ye, or did you pick the same option both times?
I was just wondering what you meant when you said that only the 1066 start was implemented. It seems fine to me. As for the swords, I just picked randomly and got lucky.

I was just wondering what you meant when you said that only the 1066 start was implemented. It seems fine to me. As for the swords, I just picked randomly and got lucky.

The pre-1066 start dates are partially implemented (at least outside Africa and outside IC), but things like province religion/culture and starting development (nomadic/tribal/feudal) are currently made with 1066 in mind, and we've not worked to ensure that the top level-borders are reasonable or handled anything else that might have gotten messed up as part of the map rework, and we've not done any real testing starting from earlier dates since last year or so, so they are at the very least unpolished and we're not currently prepared to say that there will be few or no issues if you start there, unlike in the Stamford Bridge start.

As for picking randomly, that's fine. I just wanted to know if you just picked whatever worked the first time or not.

Speaking of earlier start dates, Manchuria is now considerably less united early on.

ck2_15.png

Most rulers and borders in the area are fictional since it is extremely difficult to find information about the area, but the same can of course be said for plenty of areas in vanilla, particularly in the early start dates.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Are you guys intending on changing the gfx that is used for Asian buildings on map?

I don't believe we've got anyone on the team that can create 3D models, so it very likely won't happen.

I used the content package, but the headgear and clothing were out of order. I have confirmed that all DLCs are open.

There's no combination of DLCs that's compatible with having all content packs active, which is clearly stated in the README file. Check which content pack(s) you need to disable based on the DLC(s) you've got active, and disable them.

If the issue persists, check if the relevant issue is listed as a known bug. If it isn't, make a proper bug report containing all the relevant information in the bug thread.

There's no combination of DLCs that's compatible with having all content packs active, which is clearly stated in the README file. Check which content pack(s) you need to disable based on the DLC(s) you've got active, and disable them.
Oops, that's new to me :eek:

Oops, that's new to me :eek:

Well, I don't know if the portraits would be visibly broken (as in random layers being misplaced), but JD + "Chinese & Tibetan" isn't something we're supporting since that content pack overrides chinesegfx and bodpagfx.

Well, I don't know if the portraits would be visibly broken (as in random layers being misplaced), but JD + "Chinese & Tibetan" isn't something we're supporting since that content pack overrides chinesegfx and bodpagfx.
Oh, they were broken alright. Lots of misaligned backgrounds and hairdos.
It might be worth adding an instructory event that pops up when you start a new game with Tianxia, to help notify people. The first instinct is to enable every content pack (since there's so many of them). You could even have said events be triggered by incompatible DLC/content pack combinations.

Oh, they were broken alright. Lots of misaligned backgrounds and hairdos.
It might be worth adding an instructory event that pops up when you start a new game with Tianxia, to help notify people. The first instinct is to enable every content pack (since there's so many of them). You could even have said events be triggered by incompatible DLC/content pack combinations.

That might have been the Early JD portrait pack (which is (or maybe was; I've not checked extensively after I fixed one thing that was wrong with it, since I've not been working on the relevant parts of the world) broken and is listed as a known bug), if you had that active and started before 1066, but if you started in 1066 or later the combo I mentioned might have been the reason.

A pop-up might be helpful, but has_dlc only works for major DLCs (and a bunch of the relevant graphical DLCs aren't part of those), and I don't think there are ways to check for a mod being active at all, meaning the event either has to fire all the time (not ideal) or that we'd have to have the event file and an on_action file as part of each specific content pack (really not ideal, since each combination of content pack(s) + Tianxia then would have its own checksum).

If the issue persists, check if the relevant issue is listed as a known bug. If it isn't, make a proper bug report containing all the relevant information in the bug thread.
It doesn't matter, I don't plan to use content package, I have improved it according to your way, but there is still the problem of dislocation.
The army made a mistake moving in Huai'an.
67682028_511302499676177_3486083155817922560_n.png

Attachments

• error.log
    96 KB · Views: 4
It doesn't matter, I don't plan to use content package, I have improved it according to your way, but there is still the problem of dislocation.
The army made a mistake moving in Huai'an.

1. Report bugs in the bug thread. This isn't that thread, and we don't want this thread to contain bug reports when there's a dedicated thread for that.
2. Check if a bug is listed as known (and/or fixed) before reporting it. You've not done so, since you're bringing up the Huai'an positions issue.
3. Provide the minimum information you're supposed to provide. You've not done so, since you're missing several pieces of information.
4. If there are issues with the content pack that weren't fixed by following the instructions in the README file, then make a proper bug report of that. This certainly isn't it.

Why not make it similar to free/papal investiture? The Emperor, if he cares enough, can nominate a successor; otherwise it defaults to whatever merit events you choose to use.

I thinkthat's a good and necessary decision. I have struggled with the same issue in my own planned overhaul mod: how to make playable a large and influential nation that was in reality completely non-dynastic?

Understanding that it is no priority right now, I do feel like pondering which succession law would be most applicable to the not-historically-dynastic-but-dynastic-anyway counties. One might suggest to add a layer of pseudo-realism, with a custom law. Primogeniture would make playing as a Chinese count too easy, and gavelkind would be ahistorical as much as nonsensical because elective/administrative entities should not just split up randomly when the current official deceases.

I imagine, to at least give the impression of probability, to have an elective law that chooses from amongst every gender/age-eligible member of your dynasty, and whichever courtier is most popular (to be determined with a basic scripted score value that looks for traits and e.g. diplomacy value). The idea is that you, the player, are doing such a good job as an elected/appointed official, that you can convince them* to elect a dynast when your time comes to retire. And conversely, when you have not been doing a swell job (using many of the same Mandate of Heaven factors if possible), you will make the popular courtier, who is a representative of "any candidate but your dynasty", swell in votes. That way there's still a factor of danger when playing as a realm that is not supposed to be dynastic, while not rendering that country completely unplayable.

If one were to add such a law, I also think the AI should not use it, meaning only player counties are ahistorically dynastic while the AI counties just generate new rulers out of thin air. That way you cannot form long-term marital alliances with non-dynastic counties either.

As I said, it is most definitely not going to be a priority, but I thought my musings might be interesting at least.

* Them in this case being your own courtiers. You could give the vote to the Emperor instead, but I imagine forcing him to choose for a successor for every single county in his realm to not be very fun to play with. So your likelihood to have someone of your dynasty appointed after your death would have to be represented with popularity amongst your peers.

While it isn't certain anything will get added as part of the 6.0.1 bugfix update, are there any historical characters/dynasties (ideally present in the game in/before 1066) you feel deserve a bloodline (Note: There are already pretender bloodlines for Xi-Xia and Liao, a real imperial bloodline for Song (even if the ruler of China in 1066 isn't a member of it due to not being a patrilineal descendant of Emperor Taizu), and a special bloodline for the Wanyan clan)?

If so, please answer the following:

- Who founded the bloodline?

- When was it founded (i.e. when did the founder do something noteworthy)?

- What makes it worth including (i.e. what did the founder do that stood out)?

- Roughly what do you think the benefits of the bloodline should be (and, if not obvious, how does that tie back to the above)?

- Should the inheritance be anything other than the default (patrilineal, with bastards allowed to inherit it)?

For reference, there are a bit less than 40 vanilla bloodlines created before 1066, so we'll probably not add more than 20 bloodlines before that date (not including pretender bloodlines for various would-be emperors of China in 936 or real bloodlines for the founders of Song and Tang) as we've expanded the map by less than 50 % playable provinces. An even distribution would thus be about two bloodlines for each non-vanilla empire (though the distribution likely won't be perfectly even, as some areas (e.g. the Pacific Rim) will mainly have placeholder rulers), so ideally the bloodlines would be fairly important (even if it is possible that we might add some less important ones if something is interesting enough).

I've done some touch ups of the map files to fix a number of errors and missing information and would like to offer them to you if you like the results.

The trees file was very blurry leading to issues such as cluttered mapspace in Europe and trees going off the edges of the coasts in some places.

The colour map files both lacked data for the added land and lead to inconsistencies in the way that the eastern part of the map was rendered compared the vanilla portion. So I filled in the colourmap file to fix this.

I also completely redid the colourmap_water so that the general lighting of the map is more pleasant on the eyes and makes details more distinguishable. I also added coastal highlighting to add a bit of a punch to the coastal areas and extended this to the newly added map area, and the major rivers in China and South East Asia.

The normal heightmap had a big line down where the eastern map connected to the vanilla map, leading to a lighting and texturing issue. Fixed.

None of these are game breaking, although I found the trees issue to make it quite difficult to focus on the terrain map in some places.

Here are some previews of the differences I've done.
Original
OG Map1.jpg

New
New Map1.jpg

Original
OG Map2.jpg

New
New Map2.jpg

Original
OG Map3.jpg

New
New Map3.jpg