• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don’t understand what he’s going on about. Kashmir has a only mix of Punjabi, Hindustani and Persian cultures.

Do you have any plans to incorporate Mizrahim (Israelite culture) or to expand on the Radhanites at all?
Alternatively, I've already made a mod for vanilla that does add Mizrahim, fixes up Israelite cultural localization, and adds other Jewish content. I'd be honored to have the opportunity to contribute that content to this mod.

Not sure if there are any current plans, but we may or may not do something down the line when we work on something related (right now, the flavour being worked on is for Japan/the Shinto religion, since that was the region we decided to improve after the JD compatibility was done).

We might be interested in something in that mod down the line, but I think it would be best for us to make such a decision when we are working on something related rather than right now since if we go around adding bits and pieces from various places everywhere it might not be particularly coherent in the end.

How is Jade Dragon implemented? I don't see the tab in the lastest screenshots.

Dev Diary 10 has most of the information. If there's anything specific that isn't covered there, feel free to ask about that after checking for it.

Not sure if there are any current plans, but we may or may not do something down the line when we work on something related (right now, the flavour being worked on is for Japan/the Shinto religion, since that was the region we decided to improve after the JD compatibility was done).

We might be interested in something in that mod down the line, but I think it would be best for us to make such a decision when we are working on something related rather than right now since if we go around adding bits and pieces from various places everywhere it might not be particularly coherent in the end.
I fully understand. Good luck! Let me know if you need any assistance in the future with Jewish content :)

Is there any localization avaliable?
If not, I might be able to give some help on Chinese localization.

Only English, as things currently stand. Given that the mod as a whole is very WIP, it is too early to consider working on localization for other languages.

will china have different politicies just like in vanilla?

Possibly at some point, though they might not end up working exactly as in vanilla if we add them.

We need to figure out how to keep the player from always picking whichever available option allows for the most conquest since they could be the EoC, and we also need to figure out how vassals of China (that also could be players) can deal with the EoC restricting interactions with the rest of the world since it would be rather weird for the EoC to go "China will not interact with the rest of the world!" and his vassals responding "Okay, but we'll still go conquer all the things!" and it would be rather unfun to have no way to try to affect the EoC's position without overthrowing him or winning a civil war (and such methods need to work without Conclave since not everyone has that and thus "Just make it a Favour interaction/council vote!" isn't going to cut it).

Since we've not really done much about trying to model the historical internal workings of China yet (e.g. the Mandate of Heaven), the policies might be best to add when we've figured out how such things should work and thus could make e.g. an Isolationist China's MoH tick up fairly rapidly compared to an Expansionist China's MoH (assuming we figure out a good way to model the MoH; I've got some vague ideas that I've not gotten around to testing yet as other things have had priority) so that going full Expansionist can have consequences and switching to Isolationist is a good move from time to time.

There will probably be a dev diary next week (assuming nothing comes up; some things need to be completed before I can finish the dev diary).

Unrelated to the dev diary's topic, there's a new government type for subjects of the Middle Kingdom.

ck2_69.png

Vassals of China are still playable (and are in the feudal group) if you have Jade Dragon (since they're Taoists).

Development Diary 13: New Artefacts
I assume nobody really minds getting an early dev diary?

Development Diary 13 - New artefacts

Summer has been rather slow, with the Tianxia team being fairly inactive as a whole, but some stuff has been done.

There will be plenty of new artefacts to discover in Tianxia. Currently, there are more than 30 new high-quality artefacts that have been added. These are historical, mythological, or possibly fictional, like the standard CK2 artefacts are (though none are entirely made up for the mod, like vanilla's +2 Axe is). A few -- such as the Heirloom Seal of the Realm -- will be in the possession of someone when the game starts, while others -- such the Tenka-Goken -- will need to be discovered during the game.

Most of the new artefacts can be discovered regardless of DLCs owned since the artefact system is free, but some are only active for DLC-locked religions for one reason or another. Also, they are rather more strongly associated with the proper geographical region than in vanilla; you will not find Japanese swords in Iceland or the like.

Unlike the vanilla artefact discovery events, the new artefacts require your character to get involved in some fashion. Some of these event chains just require you to pay someone to go off to find them, while others require your direct involvement. A few chains are wholly unique, while others are shared by two or more artefacts.

ck2_70.png

Saddle my horse!

ck2_71.png

A hilt? I need a blade for it!

Your hunt for an artefact might go fairly well, and some rather powerful artefacts can be discovered...

ck2_72.png

I have a new sword!

ck2_73.png

Numbers (and possibly art) not final.

At other times, your quest for an artefact might not go so well...

ck2_74.png

That's not how this whole things was supposed to go!

For anyone curious, these are the artefacts that have been added so far:
- The Imperial Regalia of Japan (Kusanagi, Yata no Kagami and Yasakani no Magatama; all are owned by the Tenno)
- Totsuka no Tsurugi (non-unique)
- Thuan Thien (both the blade and the hilt need to be discovered to get the sword)
- The swords Ganjiang and Moye
- Cura Si Manjakini (owned by the ruler of Malaya from 1299; can be discovered before)
- Vijaya
- The Heirloom Seal of the Realm (owned by the Emperor of China)
- The Seven-Branched Sword (owned by the Tenno)
- Sugari no Ontachi (owned by the Tenno)
- The Sword of Goujian
- The Spear of Fuchai
- The Kojiki (non-unique)
- The Nihon Shoki (non-unique)
- The Green Dragon Crescent Blade
- Kogarasu Maru
- The Tenka-Goken (Dojigiri, Onimaru, Mikazuki, Odenta, and Juzumaru)
- The Dragon-Phoenix Sword
- The swords forged by Ou Yezi (Zhanlu, Juque, Shengxie, Yuchang, Chunjun, Longyuan, Tai'e, and Gongbu)
- The Epic of Darkness (non-unique)

Last edited:
What government form does Japan have?

At this moment, Monastic Feudal (minus Gompa Monasteries, as they're decidedly non-Japanese), but chances are that will change (at least for the overall ruler). They might get different government types for different parts of the period since a lot of things changed (they were Chinese Imperial-ish early on, but later became standard-ish feudals), but we'll see. It currently isn't on my table.

We're trying to figure out how to model the political situation as a whole in Japan right now since the historical situation is hard to model due to various CK2 limitations. For example, due to how the Conclave council stuff works, if you have the Shogun/Tenno (depending on the situation) at the top and the Regent as the only vassal (or one vassal of two, if the Tenno is a vassal of the Shogun) above baron tier, the Regent can be easily neutered by putting him in an advisor position and having barons or courtiers voting like you with cheap Favours, which is rather silly, and there's nothing really forcing the holder of e_japan to hand out the Regent title (k_japan, at the moment) if (when; it currently is a viceroyalty) he ends up being the holder, making the whole system break down (you could force it with events, but that won't be particularly fun for the player and will create issues if things have deviated from history enough that getting rid of the Regent is perfectly reasonable).

Any chances of East Africa being expanded? Would be amazing to have the Kilwa Sultanate! The mod would then fully encompass the Old World.

Any chances of East Africa being expanded? Would be amazing to have the Kilwa Sultanate! The mod would then fully encompass the Old World.

I woud personally love to see all of the Old World on the map at some point, but I don't have the skills to do any map modding beyond province edits and I am unsure about whether the rest of the team could help either, so I don't know if it is something we might do at some point or not. Also, while the realms added as part of such a hypothetical expansion probably would end up using existing mechanics (Tribal/Iqta governments, Muslim religions, etc.), there'd still be additional work associated with it (like finding historical rulers for a bunch of new provinces), and we already have plenty of things that we know we're doing for Tianxia that we've not gotten done yet (and a bunch of vague "We probably should try doing this, if we can figure out a way to do it" things too).

On that note: will Tianxia incorporate the Holy Fury map?
If the mod team needs to choose between expanding to southern and eastern Africa or modding the converter, I'd rather they mod the converter.

On that note: will Tianxia incorporate the Holy Fury map?

The plan is to incorporate all of the Holy Fury changes. That's easier, though, since we don't have to change the map dimensions.

Will be there some enatic stuff added? - But i guess you will maybe add it after HF, cause they want to add them in the DLC

Is there some part of the Tianxia map that should be Enatic (only women can hold titles) rather than Cognatic (equal treatment) or more male-favoured (Agnatic/Agnatic-Cognatic)?