• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Charmer and baguette? Vive la France!

Reactions:
I've been busy today with a few map adjustments and additions, as well as bug fixes. I was requested by LumberKing to add some provinces to Africa (so there isn't a glaring wasteland.) Here is my current WIP, and proof that I am not dead.
Next step in the map updates rhymes with Farmer and Forget
Tibet and ... (I'll complete this when I think more)

Do you think there could be an East African pagan religion? Or would the region have been Christianized/Islamized at this point?
The areas that have been added at the moment, seem to be Historically Islamic or Miaphysite (with one Traditional Orthodox province). Maybe in the earlier start dates, but it's not a priority.

The areas that have been added at the moment, seem to be Historically Islamic or Miaphysite (with one Traditional Orthodox province). Maybe in the earlier start dates, but it's not a priority.
The area south of Alodia I would think would not be miaphysite, what culture is that area?

The area south of Alodia I would think would not be miaphysite, what culture is that area?

Southern Ethiopian areas were indeed at the time mostly not Christian or Islamic, however I think Deathlinger is trying to say that the priority for now is not accuracy, but to get the mod in a released working version. For all intentions, the new area of the map is small, so miaphysite will suffice for now.

Reactions:
Southern Ethiopian areas were indeed at the time mostly not Christian or Islamic, however I think Deathlinger is trying to say that the priority for now is not accuracy, but to get the mod in a released working version. For all intentions, the new area of the map is small, so miaphysite will suffice for now.
hmm, generic pagan would even be better but I understand your point

Only Nubian for the moment, but if we were to expand it would be Omotic. Most provinces at the time, such as Gumar and Inarya are proven to be Christian since around 400AD.

Another sneaky reveal here, this rhymes with Regret......

Baguette
french_fleur_de_lis_flag_MED.gif

VKYvag9.jpg
Jokes aside, it is in fact
Tibet!
CC95727DA01C6D74EA847F2CE2F4A27C50FF455A
More information to come in an upcoming map dev diary :)

Reactions:
An East African Pagan religion would be appropriate, although I understand it is not your main concern.

Only Nubian for the moment, but if we were to expand it would be Omotic. Most provinces at the time, such as Gumar and Inarya are proven to be Christian since around 400AD.
Interesting, do you have any sources on that?

Maybe you should negotiate to the CPR+ Dev Team and ask them to contribute their portraits into Tianxia: Silk Road Expansion project. :)

Last edited:
Reactions:
This mod could be made complatible with those portait packs. Just need to adjust the cultures files to include them as primary, if one has the CPR+ mod installed already, it should work; I'd have to check the CPR files first though to see how they work, so don't hold me to it. ;)

A small update here for Ghana, as we had stretched the map we thought it fitting to fill up these spaces (instead of having an empty void.)
44B679C4521F886CF9B79851759073B5B630D9E6
If anyone was any suggestions, questions or corrections please feel free to say. Coming soon will be a dev diary highlighting a lot of the map work being done for Tianxia.

Reactions:
While I understand that the main goal of this mod is obviously to expand into China, do you think you could eventually expand West Africa down to the Gulf of Guinea, as well as into the Swahili Coast in the east?

While I understand that the main goal of this mod is obviously to expand into China, do you think you could eventually expand West Africa down to the Gulf of Guinea, as well as into the Swahili Coast in the east?

No, as doing these area has already digressed from our originally goal, doing anything more will result in further delays which very may well bring us into that developmental hell stage which we just got out of.

Reactions:
In the far future I might release a submod expansion to Africa, but at the moment min and the mod teams aim is Asia

Reactions:
What is this mod's primarily focused start? Charlemagne, Old Gods or Stamford Bridge?

I believe that at the moment we are focusing on getting 1066 released and flavoured, and then focus on the earlier start dates