• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wonderful Dev Diary. Any delays are completely understandable, given Paradox's recent DLCs and patches.

Reactions:
I've waited for a long time, I can wait another long time as long as it's eventually coming out!

No, it is the most efficient way which I'm aware of.
Best is to have no positions entries in the positions files. Nudge will generate them, placing all the positions at the center of the province, then you adjust manually averything by hand.
Assigning convenient keyboard shortcut for nudge interface is also helpful.

Reactions:
Best is to have no positions entries in the positions files. Nudge will generate them, placing all the positions at the center of the province, then you adjust manually averything by hand.
That works for a total map overhaul, yes. I guess Lumberking could do that here too, and then merge with vanilla, but personally WinMerge had issues with doing this in the past.

Reactions:
Yeah, except that... I do not want to click the up button a few hundred times for every single provinces in game. Do you know a more efficient way? Also, I need someone who can solve the conflicting provinces between the mod and Horse Lords (.Me didn't reserve enough space in case of provinces expansion - he probably thought the next map expansion would be China).

Can't you use the mouse to click the approximate position, and then use the arrow keys from there?

Well, Loup's method also works. It really doesn't take very long though, if you're not too concerned about geographical accuracy each province would take only about 10-15 seconds at best, less for inland provinces.

Well, Loup's method also works. It really doesn't take very long though, if you're not too concerned about geographical accuracy each province would take only about 10-15 seconds at best, less for inland provinces.

Every single province including the vanilla and the mod ones are completely out of whack (like being in the middle of oceans).

Thanks for this, it really helped!

How many provinces is the mod?

Including the vanilla provinces, a lot. Like, heaps. China itself has more provinces than India, but remember, everything is out of whack including Europe, Steppes, Levant, and India.

I fixed it using the above method though, so it's okay for now.

Do you intend to split up bhuddism or make the indian cast system indian only?

I've thought about it and it is something I'm still pondering on. Instead of going the EU4 route Umbra Spherae had (before EU4 in fact), I decided to keep vanilla as is, but add a Far East variant, Amidism, which in-game is a Chinese religion instead of Indian. I intend to make this a Sinicized variant while still retaining most of the Indian Buddhist elements. It will be far from perfect however and as such I would welcome suggestions (in the suggestions thread).

Regardless, thanks for all the help and support. It's really great to have such an awesome community and I hope I can live up to your expectations.

Reactions:
I've thought about it and it is something I'm still pondering on. Instead of going the EU4 route Umbra Spherae had (before EU4 in fact), I decided to keep vanilla as is, but add a Far East variant, Amidism, which in-game is a Chinese religion instead of Indian. I intend to make this a Sinicized variant while still retaining most of the Indian Buddhist elements. It will be far from perfect however and as such I would welcome suggestions (in the suggestions thread).
My primary concern with this is that Bhuddism is currently in the Indian religion group, which has lots of local flavour by letting you change to a different Indian religion. If you don't split it you'll have to make a lot of those options indian region only if you intend to keep the vanilla stuff. In vanilla there's currently a problem with bhuddist hords going hindu or jain which makes no sense. I don't want to see hindu Tibet, Japan, or China.

Reactions:
My primary concern with this is that Bhuddism is currently in the Indian religion group, which has lots of local flavour by letting you change to a different Indian religion. If you don't split it you'll have to make a lot of those options indian region only if you intend to keep the vanilla stuff. In vanilla there's currently a problem with bhuddist hords going hindu or jain which makes no sense. I don't want to see hindu Tibet, Japan, or China.
The decision to switch religion is extremely easy to lock down or limit

If possible, I think it would be good to keep Buddhism united and allow Buddhists with Indian or Southeast Asian cultures to convert to Hinduism/Jainism, while Buddhists with East Asian and steppe cultures could convert to Confucianism and Taoism. I'm not sure for Buddhists of other cultures; Afghan (and by extension, Persian, Kurdish, and Baloch) characters could probably just have the standard Hinduism/Jainism options, but for other cultured Buddhists… maybe they could just choose any of them? After all, it's already pretty implausible that Buddhism spreads beyond Persia (at the most), so it probably wouldn't be too implausible to give an Arab or European ruler who happens to be Buddhist the choice to convert to another Dharmic or Daoic religion.

I think it would be fair to split Buddhism between Indian and Chinese. It would mirror Christianity being split in Catholic and Orhodox, with big countries on each side. And surely, there would have been differences between how it was practised in the two regions?

I think it would be fair to split Buddhism between Indian and Chinese. It would mirror Christianity being split in Catholic and Orhodox, with big countries on each side. And surely, there would have been differences between how it was practised in the two regions?
Depends on the date. At the time of Charlemagne and The Old Gods bookmark, Buddhism, although already influential in China, was still regarded as foreign, just like Nestorianism, Manichaeism and Zoroastrianism. Denomination wise, there were more difference between Pala(Mahayana/Vajrayana) and Lanka(Theravada) than between Pala and East Asia (Mahayana and Vajrayana, with the latter relegated to Japan later). So there's no easy way to divide it into Indian Buddhism and Chinese Buddhism in the DLC scenarios. By 1066 though, Buddhism in China and Japan had become syncretic with local believes, and the difficulty in religious exchange between Indian and Chinese Buddhists (due to the Islamic states in between) only aggravated their dissimilation.

Reactions:
I've been busy today with a few map adjustments and additions, as well as bug fixes. I was requested by LumberKing to add some provinces to Africa (so there isn't a glaring wasteland.) Here is my current WIP, and proof that I am not dead.
C26B2DC7662B594E94CDB448D7291A0F4138492F
Next step in the map updates rhymes with Farmer and Forget

Reactions: