• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mint. Could you ask him to PM me or give me his handle name so I can contact him? Thanks.

Sure, I believe his handle name is the same on steam and pdox: Darth Cloaked Guy, I gave him the list last night of icons needed

I don't see why it needs to be a map expansion. After all, there is no need for a Brittany to have claims in Shianxi in the early 800's, not to mention that the ahistoricity of it would be on the ridiculous level. The more reasonable thing to do would be to exchange the original map with a Far Eastern one, where the line would be drawn somewhere around Persia. Thus the cultures that did meet and interact can do so in the game, whilst the cultures for which the Silk Road was the only line of communication will remain seperated by time and space.

It would save the modders a lot of work, as well as save the players a lot of loading time. Lower end computers could handle the mod, and one would still be able to play as a Japanese samurai or daimyo (although Japan was still in its early stages of development during the 8th and 9th centuries, so a developed feudal system for Japan at that time would be quite ahistorical).

I do like the game Sengoku by Paradox, but it was too small a game to be completely satisfactory. I think it took me about two generations to acheive the goal. An implementation of the CK2 system on the whole area of East Asia (and Southeast Asia) would be a great way of expanding the Sengoku game.

Reactions:
I don't see why it needs to be a map expansion. After all, there is no need for a Brittany to have claims in Shianxi in the early 800's, not to mention that the ahistoricity of it would be on the ridiculous level. The more reasonable thing to do would be to exchange the original map with a Far Eastern one, where the line would be drawn somewhere around Persia. Thus the cultures that did meet and interact can do so in the game, whilst the cultures for which the Silk Road was the only line of communication will remain seperated by time and space.

It would save the modders a lot of work, as well as save the players a lot of loading time. Lower end computers could handle the mod, and one would still be able to play as a Japanese samurai or daimyo (although Japan was still in its early stages of development during the 8th and 9th centuries, so a developed feudal system for Japan at that time would be quite ahistorical).

I do like the game Sengoku by Paradox, but it was too small a game to be completely satisfactory. I think it took me about two generations to acheive the goal. An implementation of the CK2 system on the whole area of East Asia (and Southeast Asia) would be a great way of expanding the Sengoku game.
I disagree. This mod is not supposed to remove the vanilla territories and add arbitrary limits, as the original vision is to have the whole Euroasia on the map, not solely Asia. That would be in the scope of another mod, not this one. Also, it wouldn't save the modders much work, given that they still have to work on everything related to the map, in addition to modelling contacts with the vanilla map. Sengoku was during another timeframe. Diplomatic range prevents contact across the map, just like it is in vanilla, so no possibility for Brittany to have claims on Shanxi.

Reactions:

Yup.

Reactions:
Do you agree with him? What does this mean? o_O That you are going to remove Europe?

I'm just replying. Don't worry, the objective of the mod still hasn't changed and probably never will.

Reactions:

*Implying that the Mongols never existed*

No but seriously, the Old world was always far too interconnected to split it up into isolated pockets.

Any news?

Thanks for keeping this thread alive. At the moment, I'm looking for someone who can fix the map for me (since I am not experienced with Map modding - which is probably not a good thing for a map extension). The game no longer crashes at the start, instead crashing while you're deep into playing (still better than crashing before you can load the damn game). There are still conflicts with the current province numbering and the Horse Lords DLC as well as the capital location icons (those shield thingies) being in the middle of the ocean or something. There are developers who are currently who work for the mod who can do this work, but they are currently too busy to work on it, so... I need other people who can do stuff.

So is the release going to come out soon? Unfortunately no. Is the project cancelled? Unless Paradox release a map extension (which might be great or downright stupid), this project will continue to develop itself. I will not work on other mod projects until I get an Open Alpha out for this, it is just damn right disappointing that I could not release earlier when I probably had the chance (before the map overhaul for both the mod and the vanilla). If you cannot wait meanwhile, but would still like to fulfil your desire to become a Crusader Ming (despite being out of the timeline), I would recommend Umbra Spherae (which we are co-operating on getting things done), which is somewhat more up to date.

Reactions:
as well as the capital location icons (those shield thingies) being in the middle of the ocean or something.
For this, no need to have any knowledge at all (except for computer basics and starting up CK2 :p ), you can use Nudge.

For this, no need to have any knowledge at all (except for computer basics and starting up CK2 :p ), you can use Nudge.

Yeah, except that... I do not want to click the up button a few hundred times for every single provinces in game. Do you know a more efficient way? Also, I need someone who can solve the conflicting provinces between the mod and Horse Lords (.Me didn't reserve enough space in case of provinces expansion - he probably thought the next map expansion would be China).

Yeah, except that... I do not want to click the up button a few hundred times for every single provinces in game. Do you know a more efficient way?.
No, it is the most efficient way which I'm aware of.

Reactions:
Yeah, except that... I do not want to click the up button a few hundred times for every single provinces in game. Do you know a more efficient way? Also, I need someone who can solve the conflicting provinces between the mod and Horse Lords (.Me didn't reserve enough space in case of provinces expansion - he probably thought the next map expansion would be China).

You mean the province numbers? We usually just move our own conflicting provinces to the end of the defines list so they don't conflict with vanilla. Have to manually change a few province numbers in several files, but in the end its the best way to fix the problem of conflict.

You mean the province numbers? We usually just move our own conflicting provinces to the end of the defines list so they don't conflict with vanilla. Have to manually change a few province numbers in several files, but in the end its the best way to fix the problem of conflict.

Can it still be done without having to redo the map colouring?

Khans of Mongolia Development Diary 2: Cultures & Religions
Khans of Mongolia Development Diary 2: Cultures & Religions

I hope everyone has had a great Easter. It has been a long time since the last dev diary, and I apologise for it and the lack of communications. Apart from real life getting in the way, the mod got really difficult with hordes of patches breaking the game. Since the last time I wrote a dev diary, Paradox has released two DLCs for Crusader Kings II and three DLCs for Europa Universalis IV. Many of you probably thought due to the sheer amount of time the mod would be dead despite Deathlinger's lone attempt at keeping the thread alive with his work. If you thought so, you would be forgiven as even the developers themselves thought that was what had happened. Today I will do a second development diary for the supporting project of this mod, Khans of Mongolia. Now, you might think that the Horse Lords DLC made that project rather redundant, and you would be right. However, despite being a massive expansion pack, half of the Steppes are missing in terms of map space, that of which connects Europe and the so-called Middle Kingdom! This aspect made the Mongols terrifying in terms of gaining manpower, but also unstable due to over-extension. So taking advantage of the Horse Lords DLC, the Khans of Mongolia Project will aim to extend and expand beyond the current scope of what Paradox has done thus far. The topic of this diary like that of the flagship project, would be: cultures and religions.

Cultures

The Horse Lords DLC added quite a few cultures such as the Tocharians and the Khitans (about time). All of the Altaic cultures such as the Jurchens. I have also decided to shift the Tibeto-Burman group from the Sons of Heaven project to the Khans of Mongolia. The rationale for this was after further research and discussions with people more knowledgeable than myself, it was decided that the Tibetans were more closer to the Mongols than they were to the Chinese.

Religions

Since the Tibetan cultural group have been moved from the Sons of Heaven, so has its religion, Bon. In game, it is a reformable pagan religion with similarities with both Tengri and the Asian Folk religions. Once reformed, it becomes more like Buddhism, adopting many of its practices (like the pagans do in Europe with Christianity). However, it is still not Tibetan Buddhism we know today. Instead, followers of the Bon religion can convert to Buddhism of the Vajrayana branch. I intend on implementing more features, but that is all the idea I have for now. At the moment, Bon is the one new religion in this project. However in the future, if warranted, I intend to add more such as Dongba and Root West. Unfortunately, information about these are quite rare, so it may be difficult to see...

As you would have noticed, there are no images and the other images have been taken down. At the moment, I am not confident to release any more screen shots of the game due to current problems (as well as lack of progress). In terms of the older images, I have no idea why this has happened. It may be due to the hosting site cocking up, but it is still disappointing. Regardless, I do apologise for the boring diary. Anyways, I hope to be able to release this mod soon, but I cannot make any promises.

Reactions: