- Apr 18, 2015
This is minor, but maybe give Shinto the same decision as Bon to 'syncretize with Buddhism', giving characters who do so the sympathy for Eastern religions trait.By the way, here's some stuff we'd like to see if anyone comes across it:
- Maps showing independent realms at different points during the CK2 period.
- Maps or general information about tributary relations and other relations between different realms at different points during the CK2 period.
- Subrealm/vassal maps at different points during the CK2 period. Less important than the above two, at least for now.
- Maps or general information about the spread of the Black Death in Asia (especially where it didn't spread).
Reputable sources are strongly preferred, or information found on a webpage that cites reputable sources (this is the category where good Wikipedia articles fall), and ideally the information is in English, though of course we're all capable of using Google Translate and might be able to use good sources in other languages (though some languages are hard to get good translations from, which sadly tends to be the case for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.).
Additionally, we'd like the following (which doesn't need to be properly sourced, even if sources still might be good):
- General ideas for regular (meaning common MTTH/on_X_yearly_pulse events, common decisions, etc., not complicated stuff that we'd need to do a lot of work to implement because we have to work around various game mechanics) Japanese/Shinto flavour. Relatively serious, non-supernatural stuff that wouldn't be too restricted is prefered, but more silly stuff and supernatural stuff or stuff that's somewhat hard to trigger might also be added if we have the time.
- Ideas for Japanese/Shinto artefacts (both common stuff and unique ones). Ignore the Imperial Regalia and various kinds of common swords; they're already on our list.
- Ideas for important unique artefacts for the Far East as a whole (think stuff like vanilla's Ark of the Covenant or Iron Crown of Lombardy).
Other ideas are also welcome, but Japan/the Shinto faith is the focus area for flavour right now (along with some minor stuff for the exception) and ideas for other areas (aside from those for important artefacts) are extremely likely to be thrown onto the "Stuff we're not doing now" pile and possibly forgotten.
Please @ me or quote this post if you have any suggestions/sources related to any of the above.