• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Silversweeeper:
Tibet:
How will eastern Tibet look like now? Any new provinces in the Tibetan Empire? Can you post a de jure map of Tibet (duchies and kingdoms)?
Do you change something in this area?

Will China have tributaries?

Last edited:
@Silversweeeper:
- How are you representing the consequences of the An Lushan Rebellion of 755-763, especially the loss of authority it lead to for the central government?
Yes. That is the most interesting bit. I also don’t think the problem is as simply as easy as crush the rebellions of the north eastern garrisons. The real problem with the Tang Dynasty due to the Anshi rebellion was that the government frankly lost the respect of the whole army. It was like the Roman army in the Crisis of the Third Century. The common soldier wanted greater service benefits,and if the government doesn’t grant it to them,they rebel. Many of the warlords did during this period did not want to be warlords.They were pushed to the post because the soldiers benefitted from such a system. They wanted to gain extra pay by overtaxing the civilian population under their control and have the government let them do whatever they wanted. There was a complete breakdown in discipline. Any warlord who tried to return authority to the government or rein in their troops will face mutiny and killed.

Even if the government defeated a warlord and installed someone else as governor of a province, the new governor will just behave as his predecessor did.

@Silversweeeper: Mostly because I just really like them: Is there anything in East/Southeast Asia that could be a merchant republic? I know there were some city-states in Southeast Asia that had extensive trade connections, but I think they were all monarchies.

@Silversweeeper: Mostly because I just really like them: Is there anything in East/Southeast Asia that could be a merchant republic? I know there were some city-states in Southeast Asia that had extensive trade connections, but I think they were all monarchies.

The only thing I'd bring up is that there are going to be the inevitable "Why are there people in Asia wearing Italian clothing ?" comments since the merchant republic clothing is hardcoded for some reason and most people don't know about that.

The only thing I'd bring up is that there are going to be the inevitable "Why are there people in Asia wearing Italian clothing ?" comments since the merchant republic clothing is hardcoded for some reason and most people don't know about that.
Really? That's weird... Is building coastal trade posts hardcoded to just merchant republics, too? I'd definitely assume so, but I have no actual idea.

Really? That's weird... Is building coastal trade posts hardcoded to just merchant republics, too? I'd definitely assume so, but I have no actual idea.

A lot of MR stuff is hardcoded (the headgear is definitely one such thing). Coastal trade posts used to be hardcoded to MRs and Silk Road counties only, but I believe that they are possible to mod to work differently (though that might create various balance issues).

Last edited:
There have been some changes since dev diary 10...

ck2_69.png

(The stuff written in the dev diary is still true, however).

Last edited:
A lot of MR stuff is hardcoded (the headgear is definitely one such thing). Coastal trade posts used to be hardcoded to MRs and Silk Road counties only, but I believe that they are possible to mod to work differently (though that might create various balance issues).
So would it be possible to come up with some kind of hereditary monarchy/city-state-that-can-build-trade-posts government?

I really dont want to complain since you guys put so much work into this but as a burning fan of the Mongols I really would appreciate more love for them. From my last question I know that they are not a high priority on your list - still they changed the world in a way most people dont know about and maybe you can put here some thoughts what you intend to do with them.

So would it be possible to come up with some kind of hereditary monarchy/city-state-that-can-build-trade-posts government?

Possible? Maybe; I've never tried it. A good idea? I suspect you'd create various issues. Of the top of my head, MRs would potentially suffer if someone else went around building trade posts in random coastal counties and thus prevented them from doing so, and if a lot of AI rulers evaluate whether they can (and should) build trade posts in basically all coastal counties (or, even worse, all counties) I suspect performance would take a hit. Also, the time needed to add such a government type (and making the necessary edits to trade post events, etc.) might be too much for the gain.

Possible? Maybe; I've never tried it. A good idea? I suspect you'd create various issues. Of the top of my head, MRs would potentially suffer if someone else went around building trade posts in random coastal counties and thus prevented them from doing so, and if a lot of AI rulers evaluate whether they can (and should) build trade posts in basically all coastal counties (or, even worse, all counties) I suspect performance would take a hit. Also, the time needed to add such a government type (and making the necessary edits to trade post events, etc.) might be too much for the gain.
I'm just trying to figure out a way to have MRs in the East without them being overly anachronistic, which the hardcoding of Venetian clothing doesn't help. But yeah, the cost-to-benefit ratio of creating an entirely new government (though extremely limited to a handful of Malayan/Indonesian city-state things) is probably way to high. Especially as the benefit from the modders' point of view is probably just "That one guy on the forums will like it".

How big is the average province in China regarding holdings?
Is there anything special for the four great capitals of China?
Is it planned for the mod to try and stay vanilla as possible (Ignoring the Empire of China stuff) or will there be the incorporation of popular things from other mods?
How diverse are the cultural and religious groups in the new parts of the map, or is it culturally and religiously homogeneous?
Will there be an attempt to model some bureaucracy or will it be up to the player to hand out hereditary and viceroy titles?
Are there any brief descriptions of the religions that have been added?
Is there Legalism and Confucianism, or will it be like Imperium Universalis where you choose a school of thought?
How does Ghengis Khan work? Is it an event spawning death stack roughly at the time of the beginning of his conquest, or is it more in line with vanilla with a decision to be taken by a dominant Mongolian player/ai
If it's the second option, how would that work if someone of non-Mongolian culture owns Mongolia?
Will there be any benefits or drawbacks to having a large or small family as the Emperor of China?
Do the dejure kingdoms change territories over the different start dates or will it remain the same?
How does the black death on historical mode effect Asia?

Just a reminder: The Q&A question deadline is in less than 9h 30 min. I believe I've managed to prepare answers (though perhaps not the final ones) for everything so far, but I'll make sure that I've not missed anything tomorrow and that the answers are correct.

Barring any unforeseen developments, I will post the answers on the 2nd (exact time uncertain). I'll try to answer any follow-up questions arising from the Q&A answers, but there might be a bit of a delay since I will not be sitting around watching this thread all the time.

I Followed The Installation Instructions, Opened Up CKII, And Did Not See The Mod In The CKII
Launcher.

Edit: I'm Using The Most Recent Version Of CKII (2.8.Something I Believe), As Well As Version 5.1.0 Of The Mod And I Have The Horse Lords, Rajas Of India, Jade Dragon, And The Republic DLCs.

Last edited:
I Followed The Installation Instructions, Opened Up CKII, And Did Not See The Mod In The CKII
Launcher.

Edit: I'm Using The Most Recent Version Of CKII (2.8.Something I Believe), As Well As Version 5.1.0 Of The Mod And I Have The Horse Lords, Rajas Of India, Jade Dragon, And The Republic DLCs.
Nevermind, It Seems The 1.5.0 Patch Download Link Is Missing A .mod File.

Launcher.

The Mod Now Appears In The Launcher, But The Game Crashes Before Loading Up.