• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Taking a look at your map files while I get ready to do some modifications to them, I noticed some problems in rivers.bmp, and trees.bmp

I've edited this post a few times: All these changes were done to rivers.bmp
+Iceland - Placed in correct location as terrain/province.
+Central Africa - Filled in what was missing.
+Indonesia - Filled in what was missing.
+Philippines - Filled in what was missing.
+Maldives - Removed old which was stretched and replaced to fit perfectly with province/terrain.
+Borneo - Completely removed old and replaced with new that actually fit. Old was tilted 15-20 degrees.
+Canary Islands - Placed in correct location.
+Tibetan Plateau - Added the two lakes that were missing.
+Korean Peninsula - Added all missing islands and coastline details that were missing.

+Nile River - Extends to the southern border of the map (Because the maps southern border isn't far south enough to include Lakes Alberta or Victoria (source))
+Niger River - Moved source further south and west, also extended it more eastern and flows out into southern border.
+Benue River - Added entirely, merges into Niger River.
+Volta River - Merged the 3 rivers and have them flow out into the southern border.
+3 Unknown rivers - Completely removed 1, merged them into the Benue River.
+Borneo rivers - Originals were lost with fixing Borneo, drew new rivers around the island, albeit missing some of the tricks that the original had.

The trees.bmp file also needs some repairs. In game I noticed that quite a few trees are past the coastlines and in the ocean. I haven't gotten around to trimming the coastline trees yet though.

Fixed rivers file.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/8xfcwvj54aea317/rivers.bmp

Last edited:
Reactions:
Really great so far, so happy this has an open release! I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the pathfinding in southern Taiwan (it's the worse there, anyway) and on the island province just left of Taiwan is very glitchy. It's difficult to explain in words, just try moving some units around in the southern provinces, you'll see what I'm getting at. I'll keep looking out for stuff like this if it helps. Really excited, got a few playthrough ideas already, keep up the great work moving towards beta!

Also, I just loaded up a game as a random Chinese duke, and I looked over at the guy who controls the southern tip of Kamchatka. He appears invisible, with his entire face and upper body gone and his hat and helmet just floating around in the space where his head should be. A bit spooky, if you ask me. Is this because I'm missing a content pack or something?

While I may be wrong, I believe that the character in question uses Ainu portraits. Do you have the Ainu Portraits mod enabled?
I think so. Ainus on Hokkaido display properly. It's just the Kamchatkan guy and his family who are invisible.

Also, is there any possibility of incorporating what the Suez Canal mod does, so that eastern and western nations can travel to the others by sea? Ahistorical conquests are pretty prohibited without that.

Reactions:
Probably should have an Imperial Title for Yuan Dynasty become the primary title for Kublai, with the Mongol Empire as Secondary. Problem is that e_china is already in use by the Song...

Yes actually I always thought the settle down mechanic was handled rather clumsy, especially while most of the Borjigins and their successors adopted a semi-nomadic lifestyle with a central capital to return to. In case of Yuan there is probably the need for a special decision (as would be for the late Golden Horde and Timur).

Another lack regarding the Mongol Empire is the Kuriltai and the theoretical supreme status of the Great Khan (Ogodei, Möngke, Kublai etc.). Maybe somebody wants/can work on this....

Of course none of my criticism is directed on the modders!!! All of the critized things find their core problems rooted in the base game.

Hmm... I am considering what to do with the Yuan. One possibility is to set the nomadic settings off once Kublai had gained China. However we will cross that bridge once we do that start date.

Really great so far, so happy this has an open release! I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the pathfinding in southern Taiwan (it's the worse there, anyway) and on the island province just left of Taiwan is very glitchy. It's difficult to explain in words, just try moving some units around in the southern provinces, you'll see what I'm getting at. I'll keep looking out for stuff like this if it helps. Really excited, got a few playthrough ideas already, keep up the great work moving towards beta!

It's most likely due to not setting up the positioning correctly. It's a pain in the ass, so I just deleted the file and it all centred on the province. It was better than before when every single province indicator was a few clicks South, but still, it is not ideal. Deathlinger is working on a program to make things less tedious for the developers. Other than that, the fix will probably come during the Closed Alpha stage (sorry) when the map will be redone again.

Also, I just loaded up a game as a random Chinese duke, and I looked over at the guy who controls the southern tip of Kamchatka. He appears invisible, with his entire face and upper body gone and his hat and helmet just floating around in the space where his head should be. A bit spooky, if you ask me. Is this because I'm missing a content pack or something?

That's weird. Could you post this on the Bug Report Thread and also send a pic? Thanks.

Also, is there any possibility of incorporating what the Suez Canal mod does, so that eastern and western nations can travel to the others by sea? Ahistorical conquests are pretty prohibited without that.

No.

Is the decision on the Suez Canal based on design choice or on historical choice? If the latter, I understand that completely, but from a gameplay perspective it seems the same as introducing a land-unit path/bridge from Greece to Italy, or from Denmark to Sweden via Copenhagen--it just makes the game more fluent and connected. I respect the decision though, as it keeps the AI from the west out of the east and vice versa, and prevents massive sea-bound crusades and jihads across Indonesia or Machuria; I just hope it's easy to make a submod that fixes the two mods crashing, since it's something I'd imagine would be fun to mess around with in a nonsensical playthrough. If I successfully connect the wires, I'll probably release a download for those who might be interested.

I suppose this question is for Deathlinger: is the Fire Lances event fully functioning? I became pretty rich as the Chinese Emperor off of my silk road buildings (which could probably be nerfed, I'm sitting on about 6k gold from about three-four years of saving up), and decided to go ahead with the event, but after clicking on it in the intrigue tab, nothing seemed to happen. I still unlocked the retinue, which is just called fire_lance, so I assumed something wasn't right in the localization. Assuming it's just a work in progress, my real (two) question(s) is: why are the attack values twice as strong as archers in the skirmish and pursue phases? I can imagine them being really strong in melee because of the moral effect they would have, but as far as ranged combat, I doubt they'd really out-preform two archers for every fire lancer. The defense stats feel pretty on-point though, and I'll likely keep some of these guys as my defensive palace guards. Otherwise, is there any planned introduction of a time period system via a MTTH event that enables fire lances once the mod is developed for the earlier start dates, so that China can't get fire lances in 800 AD, and will that change how any planned fire lance-unlock events will go? Really cool addition all around though, and I'm excited to see more sort of stuff on the eastern battlefields in the future!

Is the decision on the Suez Canal based on design choice or on historical choice? If the latter, I understand that completely, but from a gameplay perspective it seems the same as introducing a land-unit path/bridge from Greece to Italy, or from Denmark to Sweden via Copenhagen--it just makes the game more fluent and connected. I respect the decision though, as it keeps the AI from the west out of the east and vice versa, and prevents massive sea-bound crusades and jihads across Indonesia or Machuria; I just hope it's easy to make a submod that fixes the two mods crashing, since it's something I'd imagine would be fun to mess around with in a nonsensical playthrough. If I successfully connect the wires, I'll probably release a download for those who might be interested.

It will be definitely historically based.

I suppose this question is for Deathlinger: is the Fire Lances event fully functioning? I became pretty rich as the Chinese Emperor off of my silk road buildings (which could probably be nerfed, I'm sitting on about 6k gold from about three-four years of saving up), and decided to go ahead with the event, but after clicking on it in the intrigue tab, nothing seemed to happen. I still unlocked the retinue, which is just called fire_lance, so I assumed something wasn't right in the localization. Assuming it's just a work in progress, my real (two) question(s) is: why are the attack values twice as strong as archers in the skirmish and pursue phases? I can imagine them being really strong in melee because of the moral effect they would have, but as far as ranged combat, I doubt they'd really out-preform two archers for every fire lancer. The defense stats feel pretty on-point though, and I'll likely keep some of these guys as my defensive palace guards. Otherwise, is there any planned introduction of a time period system via a MTTH event that enables fire lances once the mod is developed for the earlier start dates, so that China can't get fire lances in 800 AD, and will that change how any planned fire lance-unlock events will go? Really cool addition all around though, and I'm excited to see more sort of stuff on the eastern battlefields in the future!

The fire lances are at the moment a work in progress, I've been super busy with Uni and moving so i've been unable to work on anything for a while. Balancing is always going to be an issue for new unit types, but the localisation must not have transferred to the Github. While the decision activates the flag that allows the retinue to be hired, soon it will include an event line for them or at least a confirmation, as well as an option for non-chinese to either "steal" or capture the technology. Fire lances at the moment shouldn't be discoverable before 1000 if they are then it's a bug, and please notify me of this.

Last edited:
I've been waiting forever for this mod, I nearly had a stroke after seeing this. I thought all attempts to expand the map were ignored or tossed out! I've been wanting to create a feudal Filipino Asian Empire since I first got CKII. I'll be watching to see how much further this goes, seems posting died out the past few days.

I've been waiting forever for this mod, I nearly had a stroke after seeing this. I thought all attempts to expand the map were ignored or tossed out! I've been wanting to create a feudal Filipino Asian Empire since I first got CKII. I'll be watching to see how much further this goes, seems posting died out the past few days.

Yeah, it took ages for us to release the Open Alpha (because I kept on delaying and couldn't get my shit together), but in the end we did it. The lack of posts recently is probably due to the quick succession of new games releases (Stellaris and Hearts of Irons IV). Can't blame them, they were quite highly anticipated and even the developers are playing them. But that's fine since this is still an Alpha so mostly working in progress.

Reactions:
Yeah, it took ages for us to release the Open Alpha (because I kept on delaying and couldn't get my shit together), but in the end we did it. The lack of posts recently is probably due to the quick succession of new games releases (Stellaris and Hearts of Irons IV). Can't blame them, they were quite highly anticipated and even the developers are playing them. But that's fine since this is still an Alpha so mostly working in progress.
I was also on holiday in Vienna up until today!

What are the future plans and what all isn't "complete" yet?
A large amount isn't complete yet. A lot more flavour is planned as well as items placed out in the front page and some secret projects!

Reactions:
So question: Are there unique/custom "races" for the new cultures like the Philippines? If not, will there be?
What do you mean by "races"? Portraits?

Oh my god. It's released. When did this happen? Why did nobody tell me?

I've finally had the chance to try it out and I'm very impressed, this feels like an authentic DLC from Paradox themselves. My only complaints are the Malay portraits for places like the Philippines which are too light skinned and look too much like they're from China or Korea, and the Japan theocracy issue that I seen mentioned earlier here. Otherwise I haven't noticed any issues and it feels like I'm playing a legitimate Paradox DLC beta (not alpha). When should we expect to see the next version release?

Yes, sorry. The portraits showing ethnicity. Will there be a Malay group?

There is a Malay group, but no Malay Portrait Pack as they use the Khmer Portrait. Unless we can have a volunteer to make those (or perhaps bring something already made), it will stay as it is.

Oh my god. It's released. When did this happen? Why did nobody tell me?

Buddhamas. I believe it is already on its third update, you missed quite a bit. I'm going to assume you were pre-occupied with Stellaris and Hearts of Iron IV. :p

I've finally had the chance to try it out and I'm very impressed, this feels like an authentic DLC from Paradox themselves. My only complaints are the Malay portraits for places like the Philippines which are too light skinned and look too much like they're from China or Korea, and the Japan theocracy issue that I seen mentioned earlier here. Otherwise I haven't noticed any issues and it feels like I'm playing a legitimate Paradox DLC beta (not alpha). When should we expect to see the next version release?

Thanks. Malay portraits I explained above. For Japan Theocracy, I haven't been reproduce the issue for 1066. The other start dates I will work on for each new updates.

Reactions:
I have an issue with the portraits of the eastern characters. The faces are just not there or there's a headpiece or accessory still on it with the face showing. And whenever I get into the ruler designer my game crashes, how can I fix this?