• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does this mod support multiplayer? A friend of mine and I were planning on playing MP with this mod, but it says we have different versions.
It should do yes, make sure you don't have different versions or any other mods running which affect checksum. If not that, try validating caches.

Reactions:
Does this mod support multiplayer? A friend of mine and I were planning on playing MP with this mod, but it says we have different versions.

As mentioned by Deathlinger, this definitely works on multiplayer, I have tested it myself. Make sure you are not running any additional mods which may change checksum and that you are running the latest updates for both the game and the mod. If all else fails, do as Deathlinger said below and validate or re-install.

It should do yes, make sure you don't have different versions or any other mods running which affect checksum. If not that, try validating caches.

Reactions:
Development Diary 6: Mechanics Part III
Development Diary 6: Mechancis Part III

Hello everyone and sorry for the late update!

This will be the last mechanic dev diary for the whole mod, so next time it'll be more specific to a single project.

For those who have played this mod, you probably would have felt that the Daoic religions are essential clones to the Dharmic religions. Though they are supposed to have similarities, making them the same is not the intention. From Part I, I mentioned that the Daoic rulers get everything a Dharmic rulers get, such as having branches, converting between religions, and even designating your heir (the latter also applies to the Folk Pagan religions). Well, with the completion of porting over and tailoring vanilla events, I present to you: decadence.

bmXJLHR.jpg

Though the concept was not exclusive to Muslims and Chinese, the way the game utilises and portrays decadence fits quite perfectly with the Chinese concept of the Mandate of Heaven. Unlike the similar sounding Divine Right of Kings, the Mandate of Heaven was more or less of a retrospective justification to one's success and failure in governing the realm. So a ruler who is just and loved by his people were said to be favoured by the Heavens. On the other hand, cruel rulers who become overthrown by a new dynasty is said to have been abandoned by the Heavens. Of course, that is a rather over-simplification and there are more to it, but that is the gist of it. Currently, the decadence events seems to be working fine, however I was unable to get the decisions part working which is essential to straighten up decadent relatives. This is a known bug and I will try to fix it quickly, but in the mean time, I recommend throwing distant relatives in prison and go full Byzantine on them. Do note however, that only Confucian and Taoist rulers use decadence. Amidists still play like the Indian Buddhists.

In terms of mechanics, that's pretty much it. For the Steppes, another vassal khan has been added to the Liao Empire while the Northern borders has been re-adjusted. The last thing I added was a small addition, but important as it is the namesake of this mod: the Silk Road.

20gKAf9.jpg

The current trade route has been expanded all the way to Luoyang through Chang'an. The Eastern routes has not yet been added, but it will come. So instead of having the trade routes starting at two different points, it now has a single origin. Unfortunately, I do not own Horse Lords so I have not been able to test it out properly, so if you encounter any bugs; sorry!

There won't be a dev diary next week as I will be taking a short break, meaning no new updates. Bugs will be fixed however, so please do report any bugs on the Bug Report Thread. Though I a not sure when, but the next diary and update will be a major overhaul of the
de jure system and finally the support of other playable bookmarks, starting with The Old Gods in 867AD.

Last thing before I finish, as mentioned before, Deathlinger has added some stuff like decisions and events. I believe it has something to do with alchemy or head-hunting....

Download:
Version 3.0.0
Updated Content Pack (Now with Khitan Unit Pack and Tocharian Portraits, alongside some other fixes)

Reactions:
A hotfix is out! I found an error where the holder of the County of Xiushan would become a Barony level ruler instead.

Are there any plans to put actual mongol rulers in Mongolia instead of the Khitans? They never ruled that far, at least directly.

Their vassals are mostly Mongols or Jurchen in the East. I could make them tributary, but I do believe that the Liao Empire actually did have control over the area except for Eastern Manchuria.

I made a namelist for the Yue people of southern China. Wiki doesn't have much info on them, but I pulled together what I could.
Code:
male_names = {
            Wuyu Wuren Wushen Futan Yunchang Goujian Luying Bushou Weng Yi Zhihou Chuwuyu Wuzhuan Wuqiang Wuzhu Ying Yushan Yao Zhenfu Wang Zhòng Li Bó Shu Wén
                }
        female_names = {
            Yuènu Yiguang Dan
        }

The current trade route has been expanded all the way to Luoyang through Chang'an. The Eastern routes has not yet been added, but it will come. So instead of having the trade routes starting at two different points, it now has a single origin. Unfortunately, I do not own Horse Lords so I have not been able to test it out properly, so if you encounter any bugs; sorry!

Can I buy you Horse Lords?

Reactions:
Can I buy you Horse Lords?

That is greatly appreciated, however I must decline the offer as I feel that it is something that I should really get to doing it myself. Besides, I already have gotten a lot of support from the community where one member even gifted me a copy of the Way of Life. Surely, I have taken enough. Though it may not be enough, but I hope that everyone enjoys this mod I have made, and perhaps more to come.

Hello everyone,
thank you for this great mod - I have longed for this day! I always wanted to unite of all asia under Kublai Khan...the issue is...he seems quite broken. I cant really settle down with the mongols in China without losing half my realm to some other clan. Could you fix this? I know you have a lot to do with this amazing mod and really dont want to annoy anybody here....

Hello everyone,
thank you for this great mod - I have longed for this day! I always wanted to unite of all asia under Kublai Khan...the issue is...he seems quite broken. I cant really settle down with the mongols in China without losing half my realm to some other clan. Could you fix this? I know you have a lot to do with this amazing mod and really dont want to annoy anybody here....
Hello, thank you for your enthusiasm! What do you mean you lose half your realm to another clan? Could you provide some more information please, thank you.

historically speaking the mongols in China settled down in the liefetime of Kublai. The mod doesnt really represent this and just has them as nomads till the last start date. First I thought fine I settle down as feudal - but then I lost half the realm to another guy who was still nomadic. I understand if this isnt really an issue and doesn't bother anyone of course, but thank you for the fast answer!

historically speaking the mongols in China settled down in the liefetime of Kublai. The mod doesnt really represent this and just has them as nomads till the last start date. First I thought fine I settle down as feudal - but then I lost half the realm to another guy who was still nomadic. I understand if this isnt really an issue and doesn't bother anyone of course, but thank you for the fast answer!

Thats how settling works though. You lose all the nomadic lands.

Reactions:

Probably should have an Imperial Title for Yuan Dynasty become the primary title for Kublai, with the Mongol Empire as Secondary. Problem is that e_china is already in use by the Song...

Probably should have an Imperial Title for Yuan Dynasty become the primary title for Kublai, with the Mongol Empire as Secondary. Problem is that e_china is already in use by the Song...

Yes actually I always thought the settle down mechanic was handled rather clumsy, especially while most of the Borjigins and their successors adopted a semi-nomadic lifestyle with a central capital to return to. In case of Yuan there is probably the need for a special decision (as would be for the late Golden Horde and Timur).

Another lack regarding the Mongol Empire is the Kuriltai and the theoretical supreme status of the Great Khan (Ogodei, Möngke, Kublai etc.). Maybe somebody wants/can work on this....

Of course none of my criticism is directed on the modders!!! All of the critized things find their core problems rooted in the base game.