• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have you checked that you don't have any duplicate names, IDs or colour codes?

We probably do, but not sure that's what should be causing issues.

The game keeps crashing two or three years after the beginning... (I tried 867 and 1066, with ainu tribes)

I don't know if it's related but I was a vassal of japan when it crashed

The Old Gods Bookmark is not yet supported. I have tried to replicate the matter in Stamford Bridge, but have yet to encounter a bug.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but the province of Inarya in Eastern Africa is Orthodox as opposed to Miaphysite.

EDIT: I also just realized that Japan is a theocracy, which I'm fairly certain is a bug.

Woops, my bad. That will be fixed in the next update. In regards to Japan, I could not replicate the issue, in my game they load up as a normal theocracy.

Anyways, for future issues, could you report it in more detail in the Bug Report thread? Thanks.

I love the addition of tolerance, it works well for the region. The king-tier viceroyalty idea for Japan is really interesting; sounds like an extra challenge of playing as the Emperor of Japan.

Congrats on this Alpha release.

I'm hoping it will as it was a period where the Emperor actually did have authority, but was completely delegated to his regents, which would later on lead to a military government where the Emperor was a figurehead.

Also, Thank you! It took us long enough!!!

What does the content pack have? Extra music?

It contains Portrait Packs as well as Music Packs. I separated them as they are quite big and also, if you do not own the appropriate DLCs, things get interesting to say the least...

Reactions:
We probably do, but not sure that's what should be causing issues.
I recommend you to fix those then, because it tends to lead to a whole host of annoying issues.

Reactions:
I've played the mod for a bit, and here are a couple of things I've noticed while playing:
-Kaifeng should be the capital of Song China in 1066
-I think the Shogun king tier title should be inherited when the current holder dies, maybe through events with the current shogun/regent choosing his heir? Right now, the Shogun dies and the king tier title goes back to the Emperor
-Will you add the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period? I think the predecessor to this mod, Under Heaven, had this bookmark. I think it could be challenging and fun playing one of the kingdoms of a fragmented China.
-Is it correct the Ainu faces are incomplete? I have all the required portraits, so I don't why I get incomplete faces.

Those are a couple things I came across while doing a couple of games. This mod has potential and I think even in its current state you're doing a great job with the mod! Keep up the good work! Can't wait for what's in store for this mod, especially with China being portrayed more accurately than it is right now

I've played the mod for a bit, and here are a couple of things I've noticed while playing:
-Kaifeng should be the capital of Song China in 1066

The capitals are quite random (depends on what holdings a ruler has and the default capital cannot be changed no matter the circumstances (ie they are not dynamic), I will however try to make it like they do it for the Holy Roman Empire (albeit temporarily).

-I think the Shogun king tier title should be inherited when the current holder dies, maybe through events with the current shogun/regent choosing his heir? Right now, the Shogun dies and the king tier title goes back to the Emperor

This is something to be worked on, but until the Kamakura Bakufu, the Emperor actually had some say in state matters so this is a representative of that.

-Will you add the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period? I think the predecessor to this mod, Under Heaven, had this bookmark. I think it could be challenging and fun playing one of the kingdoms of a fragmented China.

Adding bookmarks outside the vanilla Crusader Kings II is a lot of work in that not only does one have to fill up the territories and set up borders in the target area, but also the entire world. Hence why the predecessor mod, though having the bookmark, was actually incomplete and made not playable.

Those are a couple things I came across while doing a couple of games. This mod has potential and I think even in its current state you're doing a great job with the mod! Keep up the good work! Can't wait for what's in store for this mod, especially with China being portrayed more accurately than it is right now

Thanks, the team intends on working on polishing it and make it comparable to an official expansion pack.

I know it's probably early days, but can you give us a sneak peek at what you're going to do with China, map-wise?
Cannot yet, I've got exams at university at the moment, but as soon as they are over work shall pick up post haste!

I recommend you to fix those then, because it tends to lead to a whole host of annoying issues.

It's something we are looking to fixing it, I've asked in the Quick Questions and Answers Thread.

Out of curiosity, are there any plans to make a CK2+ compatible version of this mod in the future?

No, it is a lot of work as it is, we will not be making separate versions of this mod, instead other mods should try to make it compatible with this. With that being said, we are minimising changing vanilla files which ought to help with compatibility and I am not opposed to other people making submods to make it compatible with other mods.

I know it's probably early days, but can you give us a sneak peek at what you're going to do with China, map-wise?

We will be expanding the number of provinces so that it will slightly have more than India. However, this won't be for some time and it is likely that it will be done during the Closed Alpha period.

Criticism and Suggestions:

Was the county and duchy CoA done by different people? Although I don't like the idea of writing the name on CoA, the former has a reasonable quality and only contains some reasonable glitches like unwittingly including things like "city", "county", and "district", while the latter is horrid, filled with homophonic errors like having a "Economy" duchy and there's this "Big Pine Tree" which just doesn't sound like anything else, and many near-misses, like actually naming a station, a book, or a modern county that shared several characters with one of the Song Dynasty Dao.
Here's a Wikipedia map with Chinese characters FYI:
973px-Northern_Song%28北宋分路全图%29.jpg

Changtang is super crowded at the moment, how about dividing it into Ü, Tsang, and Ngari? I can't find their exact boundary, just that Ü is centered on Lhasa, Tsang is centered on Shigatse, and Ngari is the far west.
Map_of_Tibet_Ü-Tsang_Amdo_and_Kham.jpg

And IMHO, southern China seems a bit crowded compared to the north. I don't think we need that many duchies and kingdoms, but that's just my preference.

About the dynastic CoAs, I think it's better to just use symbols without random words on them.

I don't like how culture map is made, it's anachronistic and overblown, the former since in the 1000s, Late Middle Chinese, the ancestor of all but Min Chinese, was still spoken, the latter since there's simply too much Thais and She around.

The flags were made by the predecessor mod, All Under Heaven, and trust me, China is not the only place with a lot mistakes. Remember, this is an Alpha (not even a Beta) and as such everything is working in progress.

The Changtang issue is something is being planned to resolve. The current situation is a massive improvement to what it was before (Tibet only had like five provinces). The next update may sort this out, anyways, thanks for the input.

If anything, we plan on increasing the number of kingdoms and duchies, though not quite comparable to India (it wouldn't work), I want to make China not only look, but also feel bigger than the Rajas of India Expansion Pack.

With cultures, we want China to be diverse, that way it will have a little bit of possibility of becoming unstable. Also, remember; culture =/= language, the latter is part of the former, but does not determine it.

In regards to Japan being a theocracy, I have not experienced this. If it is, then it is a bug and definitely not intended. Could I ask those who are experiencing this to report this in the Bug Report thread and also upload a pic? If this is a widespread issue, I would like to fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I hope you found our work enjoyable. The next update should come quite soon...

Reactions:
In regards to Japan being a theocracy, I have not experienced this. If it is, then it is a bug and definitely not intended. Could I ask those who are experiencing this to report this in the Bug Report thread and also upload a pic? If this is a widespread issue, I would like to fix it as soon as possible.
Also please note which dlcs are activated

Reactions:
Development Diary 5: Mechanics Part II
Development Diary 5: Mechanics Part II

Hello everyone and welcome to the second part on the game mechanics diary for Tianxia.

As promised, for today's development diary, I shall talk a bit about the Khans of Mongolia Project, though it won't be all that much.

JNgSFyC.jpg

Yes, for those who remember these event chains, the old broken Horde mechanics are back! Why would I eschew the much better system implemented by Horse Lords and go back to the old system? Well... With the expanded region, an interesting dynasty becomes playable way earlier than the vanilla version, they Borjigins. The ancestors of Genghis Khan are now playable, as such having Temujin spawn really does cock up the family tree. To reduce the amount of family trees getting messed up, the unified Mongol Horde system has been temporarily disabled and instead the divided Khanates are back to really mess your days up before fighting each other into oblivion.

2J47R2y.jpg
2P9YqBq.jpg

Z8CjApB.jpg

As you can see, with the expanded region (including India), there is a large area which are not terribly affected by these vengeful Hordes. To rectify this so that everyone don't miss out on the Horde fun, I have added a third wave, the Chagatai Khanate. This means that no one will miss out on getting raped and pillaged by the Mongol Hordes.

SBOd0iO.jpg

This may seem like going backwards, but the point of doing this was to prepare for some new mechanics I intend on introducing with further development of the Khans of Mongolia Project. Though not set on stone, one thing I intend on doing is a decision ability for the Great Khan, should he need to delegate some areas, is to split up the empire by establishing independent Khanates, who gives tributes to the one who granted them the title, kind of like the old Roman Tetrarchy system. Although I have disabled the main horde from forming, they will make a come back in the future once I figure something out.

Also to give some insight into what I intend to do with the Sons of Heaven Project, I intend on giving more decision based mechanics for China and Japan. For both empires, I intend on giving regents abilities to usurp throne of those who they were supposed to rule for. Also, for flavour, a lot of events from the Sword of Islam and the Legacy of Rome will be tailored for the Chinese. Even though the event chains may be similar, having different texts really do make a difference in making things feel unique. The other regions won't be completely left out, but priorities have to be set to get the mod progressing forward, so if your favourite region does not get any love it deserves, then I apologise in advance.

From today onwards, I will try to do a weekly dev diary where with each diary there will be a new update. Bugs and other problems will be given priority, then playable regions. Then, I am hoping to make the expanded areas playable with different vanilla and DLC bookmarks with each update I release. Once all the bookmarks and areas become playable, then I will move on to refining the mechanics. However, at this stage, the mod will move on to the Closed Alpha stage as that is when I will be doing very experimental things which will probably break stuff. I will try to keep the stages which are closed to the public short, but seeing this is a hobby, I cannot guarantee anything.

As usual, I hope you enjoy and if you find any bugs, do report it in the Bug Report Thread. If you have good ideas, then feel free to share them in the Suggestion Thread. To finish, here are some more screenshots for you to enjoy:

kzKIg6K.jpg
2l88CJN.jpg

Download:
Version 2.0.0
Updated Content Pack
(Now with Khitan Portrait and music for Korea and Indo-China)

Reactions:
Interesting plan for the Mongol Invasions. I like the plan for the weekly dev diaries.