• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

elvain

Africa & MidEast cartographer
35 Badges
Jan 20, 2004
www.rome.webz.cz
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
This is a small mod, which adds just new terrain type for the African Savanna and edits unit types present in and around this type of land.
Savannamodpic.png

Unlike previously used Drylands, the Savanna offers better supplies and small bonus to development.

DOWNLOAD:
Steam
Paradox mods

-----------------------------------------------------------
Changelog:
1.0 version
- adds necessery gfx files for Savanna terrain
- adds Savanna as a Terrain_type and changes the Drylands of the African Sahelian provinces to the Savanna
- edits cultural and regional regiment types to add bonuses for Savanna for Camel cavalry and replace Dryland bonuses/maluses to Sahelian horsemen and Guinean uplanders
- edits accordingly all necessary localisation, modifier and trigger files
- changes religious bonuses of the Bori religious site of Wandala from bonus in Drylands to bonus in the Savanna

-----------------------------------------------------------
It is part of collection of my mods intended to improve immersion primarily of Africa and the Middle East.
An alternative vanilla map: Ibn Battuta's Legacy
A mod which makes Persia blue: Blue Persia

Last edited:
  • 10Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Very nice mod. One suggestion: the Bori holy site of Wandala gives +5 advantage in Drylands; you could change that to apply to Savanna instead, since there aren't any Drylands nearby any more.

Reactions:
mod updated to the 1.1.2 game version,
updated the OP to include brief changelog

a new change in the 1.1 version:
- changes religious bonuses of the Bori religious site of Wandala from bonus in Drylands to bonus in the Savanna

Very nice mod. One suggestion: the Bori holy site of Wandala gives +5 advantage in Drylands; you could change that to apply to Savanna instead, since there aren't any Drylands nearby any more.
Thanks for your feedback.
The change is included in the new version of the mod!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Maybe a pursuit bonus would be nice?
aaah. thanks for reminding me! I initially didn't know whether I can do it... and then I forgot and when updating the mod today, I knew I forgot something, but I didn't know where to find it.

It's been a while since my last update of this mod, but I finally updated it for 1.2.2
(the difference was wrong version marke and that the Turumic Faith wasn't fully working)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was thinking about the possibility of Savanna hills or Dryland hills to work for Africa and the Middle East, where the hilly regions were generally slightly more favourable for human settlements, than in colder areas, but I would first need to think of some special buildings and this sort of content for this terrain (as well as for the Savanna).

That said - before adding more terrains, I would prefer to add buildings to the Sahara.
Anyway, it is on my list slightly below my map mod, which is the main priority now. In the meantime I'd prefer to keep this as mini mod.

But a good idea about some potential new terrain may change my mind :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
mod updated for 1.4.2 patch

Also the code has been slightly changed, so it won't necessarily need updates unless the game changes directly the few things affected by Savanna terrain
now, if a new religion is added, or there are changes in holy sites in Siberia or Greece, they will work even without this mod being updated

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Hi!
I am part of an effort to make a map converter from Azgaar to ck3 and wanted to add a Savanna terrain type. Is it okay to integrate elements of this mod in that tool? The tool can be found on github called AzgaarFMGtoCK3 bye niefia.

Hi!
I am part of an effort to make a map converter from Azgaar to ck3 and wanted to add a Savanna terrain type. Is it okay to integrate elements of this mod in that tool? The tool can be found on github called AzgaarFMGtoCK3 bye niefia.
Hi, sure,

feel free to use what ever part of the mod you find usefull for your efforts. I also made 2 other additional terrain types for my other mod Ibn Battuta's Legacy, which are Arid hills and Boreal Highlands - the former to cover mainly the uplands of Tibet, Middle East and North Africa, the latter for the Taiga highlands in Siberia, Scandinavia and Iceland. Feel free to use them as well.
C425179B1E5B98E63001DEE809227BED076FCD9E

Just mention this mod(s) in credits, if you find it valuable enough.
All the best with your amazing effort!

Reactions: