• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Numberfour
I guess it is worth checking, but there is several factors that slow down the bounties:
The price is fixed (to titles' rank), so early game there is less money and thus less bounties.
Less claimants/feuds, less negative opinion and thus less bounties.
Less blobing, specially in HIP i think, bounties are limited to people in the same toprealm, smaller counties mean fewer bounties.

I'll test it in a few minutes.

Edit: I let the game run a few years and I've found a bounty in the HRE, so the system work, it must have been one of the above point being stingy.

Last edited:
@famaouz
They are swearing off material wealth and greed.

@famaouz
They are swearing off material wealth and greed.
And what's the difference with monk's life?

It also has problems with HIP: the effect stacks with HIP's Charitable trait (-5% demesne), you can still have children with it thus making it worse as birth-control, and HIP's Celibate trait grants you +2 learning. It's far worse compared to HIP's Celibate trait, there is no incentive of using it unless we can get separate tweaks for HIP. I'm changing it back to HIP's Celibate version with only opinion difference (christian -> muslim) until we can get different version for HIP. :p

And what's the difference with monk's life?

It also has problems with HIP: the effect stacks with HIP's Charitable trait (-5% demesne), you can still have children with it thus making it worse as birth-control, and HIP's Celibate trait grants you +2 learning. It's far worse compared to HIP's Celibate trait, there is no incentive of using it unless we can get separate tweaks for HIP. I'm changing it back to HIP's Celibate version with only opinion difference (christian -> muslim) until we can get different version for HIP. :p

Thx for saying that.
Just want to download. I will wait too for Update or different version for HIP.

@Maal
Any updates for better HIP compatibility?
Cheers!

I assume the update @greek strategos and @Dann_pl want is the Celibate vs Zahid one.

Just updated the Sufi mod so that Hip users get the celibate trait instead. I am not into CKII at the moment so anything deeper is added onto the procrastination pile.

I assume the update @greek strategos and @Dann_pl want is the Celibate vs Zahid one.

Just updated the Sufi mod so that Hip users get the celibate trait instead. I am not into CKII at the moment so anything deeper is added onto the procrastination pile.

No problem. Thank you ;)

Some thoughts on the Trade League mod:

So I had my wife request a Chancellor position, which I was willing to grant. Unfortunately the game gave her Cartographer instead. I do have some others mod in but none that should conflict. The court got the scandalous councilor thing and my Chancellor is upset at being fired, but not recently fired.

Also... Forts are well, super good with trade goods. Now that isn't necessarily a bug, but if the AI can't be made to build them it is definitely an exploit.

Preferred solution would be AI building forts in capitals or other heavy trade good using provinces. Next best would be reducing direct income bonus low enough that Forts are only marginally profitable. 3rd best would be removing the direct income bonus.

I also noticed a couple oddities on the Center of Trade... I got a message saying a certain trade good would be consumed twice, when it actually used two different goods. (That one might have been when I did have a conflict, and I've seen similar stuff with vanilla events) and the event seems to scale too much with wealth. I once was able to give them 19 gold to continue operations, which seems powerful enough to encourage keeping a low treasury.

But not to be all negative, I have to say I am constantly pleased with the detail of this mod. It really ties things together well. I got a smuggler event and was like sure, let them do it, I don't have the resources to care and found the small bonuses mildly useful. Then I realized they count as normal good equivalents and block me from using my own supplies for a bit, which made the whole thing feel more fair and a lot more detailed.

@Maal I took a look through the files and it seems that the Sufi Schools mod doesn't allow Zaydis from HIP to join the Safaviyya (the code mentions the religion as unused, although that's definitely not true). Can you fix that? You only need to remove a #.
Edit: the opposite issue is present in the Orders of Chivalry mod. Inside the scripted triggers file there is a missing # (line 744). All Shi'a religions other than Zaydism have a hashtag before their names. I don't know what that line of code does, so I'm not sure if it causes any problems.

Last edited:
The Orders Of Chivalry - Jordarkelf's AGOT patch.
I really like this mod. Been working on adapting the Orders of Chivalry to the AGOT mod, and I want to share my progress. @Maal if you like it, you may put it in the main mod.

The two pseudo-Holy Orders of the AGOT mod, the Warrior's Sons and the Poor Fellows, are added as societies so that members of it can do the same stuff e.g. the Templars can.

The societies are created if the Faith Militant is restored in the mod (if the Iron Throne increases religious authority to medium) or it starts out existing (before Jahaerys or starting with King Tommen).
If the societies exist but the orders do not, the current grandmasters of the societies will take the order titles. If there is no existing grandmaster a new order leader will be created who will also become the grandmaster.

The Warrior's Sons functions close to a normal holy order with similar prerequisites as any other order, with a few AGOT specific exceptions.
The Poor Fellows functions closer to a fighter's guild in that it does NOT allow knights or rulers, and can also include women to join. Priests (Septons) are also encouraged to join as per AGOT canon.

I've also made some changes to the main mod, to make sure the AGOT orders work correctly. On top of that I've disabled the four fighting skill traits since AGOT already includes those and it would cause duplicates, and made some bugfixes where I spotted typos or other errors.

To use this:
-Download the Game of Thrones mod, The Orders of Chivalry (Workshop or Forum), and this mod "AGOT Orders of Chivalry"
-Extract Chivalry_Steam_Game_of_Throne.mod or Chivalry_Forum_Game_of_Throne.mod from the OOC compatibility folder, depending on if you use the Workshop (Steam) or Forum version
-Select all three mods in the launcher:
*A Game of Thrones
*The Orders of Chivalry GoT
*AGOT Orders of Chivalry

Required OOC game rules for AGOT:
Fighters Guilds: Non European Map
Holy Orders: None

This mod is set with both AGOT and OOC as dependencies so it should overwrite both mods' files, making sure it's compatible.

I've been using it for a couple of games now and I think it's bug-free. I'll be glad to hear any feedback, but of course feedback about the main mod mechanics should go to Maal.

(Stealth edit: you can no longer get Valyrian Steel swords with this mod's combat, it was resulting in all canon swords being lost. The game rules now also default to AGOT compatible options.)

Attachments

• agot_orders_of_chivalry.zip
    1,7 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
@Phalanx BR
I've been using another system to check the religions that doesn't rely on actually referring to any religion in particular, most of these scripted triggers are old unused left-over. I have some testing to do with HIP compatibility so I'll check these at the same time soon.

@jordarkelf
Good initiative, took a quick glance at the code and things seem ok, but I have no knowledge of AGOT lore and aren't into modding these days to merge it into my mod and fix possible issues (if any arise) it could cause with other non-agot settings/overhauls. I'll add a link to your post in the first post so people notice it.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I should do them at the same times. Since I didn't check here in so long I was scared of finding tons of private messages and issues to fixes and manage. So I sort-of just pushed it away again and again.

They'll be updated within 1 hour of this post.

Edit: Done, mostly small fixes and issues.

Last edited:
Doing a game with your 3 mods and I had a message from "the The Sandpit".

The last sentence feels a bit weird, as if words were missing. "Unfortunately I couldn't come to your aid in time, thus I am sending workers to assist you for the reconstruction" feels better imo

Nice addition all in all though

Attachments

• 20191116232829_1.jpg
    20191116232829_1.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 42
maal i have a question for the search demense for resources decision. is it tied to your realm or character? so if i started searching as the father but die before its complete will i need to start from scratch as the son?