• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Valverrin
Technically it already is. If a character in your top-liege realm is a known witch/devil worshiper/secret society cultist you may receive a mission to hunt them down. I guess I could extend it to all heretics. Maybe infidels too, but it may feel a bit unfair if you are like the sole Zoroastrian in a Muslim empire, everyone would keep attacking you! The duels between different orders is not something I'll add right now. Their membership numbers doesn't satisfy me currently (too few members) and killing them off in duels won't help lol. I'll keep it in mind for later tho.

@Lewa263
I've thought about it, but it never really bothered me so I did nothing. I've found the required code to do it, I'll add it.

@ChaoYang
I've done a search in the event files for warrior_lodge_hellenic, but I do not think that I've seen any notable Hellenic only event chain/power, they are all shared with some other ledges..
What does the vent you talk about do?

The Orders of Chivalry - Knights Fury Update
zy3wthi.png

And here is the bigger, more in-debt update to the Orders of Chivalry. A lot of traits/tweak to society currency, changes to the duel system, a bloodline and strong-arming holy orders members into crusades.

==New features
- Localized Wounds
-- All duels now have wounds on specific parts of the body. The head, torso, dominant hand, non-dominant hand and the legs.
-- All attack options will show your foe's overall physical condition and all defense option yours.
-- All attacks will more easily target certain body parts, all hits will give minor wounds (bruises).
-- If a body part get too many bruises, it will turn into a more serious wound and you'll receive the wounded trait.
-- Any body parts with a serious wound can be maimed. A maimed dominant hand (one-handed trait) for a lefthanded character will remove lefthanded. Black eye into one-eyed into blinded. Etc.
-- Pregnancy can become more difficult if hit in the torso while pregnant.
- Get into Shape
-- New rank 1 power for both Holy Orders and Fighters' Guilds.
-- Will balance your fat/malnourished traits, will most likely require several uses to lose them.
-- If you keep using it despite not being fat/malnourished, you'll get a positive temporary modifier eventually. Keep on training to refresh it while avoiding growing close to fat/malnourished.
- Grand Champion bloodline
-- Champions who protect their title successfully 10 times in a row will get a bloodline. It give prestige, combat rating, sex appeal and allow people to by-pass some of the Fighters' Guilds' requirements.
- Holy Duty
-- Members of a holy order society or those who became a holy order will receive calls to join/pledge to crusade involving their faith if they haven't yet.
-- It support both the old and new crusade system, you'll either pledge to join the offence/defence (you cannot unpledge), or directly join the war for the old system.
-- Refusing will kick you out of the society, if you are not part of a holy order society but are a holy order, it will be transformed into a mercenary title.
-- This system doesn't include the northern crusades or the reconquistas yet.

==Changes and Balances
- Holy Order societies now only require 10 martial if you are xealous, instead of 15.
- Banned AI religious head from joining the societies.
- Banned the new animals cultures from Holy Order societies, unless a lunatic pass the law. Using the animal kingdoms alternate start will allow animal everywhere.
- Gave the Bon Holy Order, the Children of Dralha, monthly Fervor for the Kailash Guardian trait, their crusader-like trait.
- Pagan Holy Orders who have the bloodthirsty reformation and the Aztecs Orders will gain Fervor for the bloodthirsty traits.
- Holy Orders who received Fervor for the christian Crusader trait will also receive Fervor for the Crusader King and Queen traits.
- Added the new scarred, sturdy and giant traits to the Fighters' Guilds Glory gain. Lowered the penalty of maimed traits.
- Being being fat/malnourished give a Glory/Fervor penalty. Being in perfect shape give a bonus.
- The War Focus now give Glory/Fervor if you do not have a martial education and the Theology Focus will give Fervor if you do not have a learning education. This is for helping people who join the societies despite not meeting the education requirement.
- Champion now gain 5 glory per month instead of 10.
- Lowered the over time penalties for resting/recovering champions. The values now also appear in the Glory tooltip on the society screen.
- Lowered the penalty and gain of prestige and Glory/Fervor for duels.
- Added prestige to the Berserkers' bonus.
- When starting a new game, your selected character won't be in one of this mod's society anymore.
- Added a tooltip_info_custom for when you are guessing the right option while being trained.
- Gave my new holy orders goverment 6 extra commanders and reducing the mercenaries' commanders to 6. 10 extras just felt too many.
- Heretics are now valid targets for the Holy Order hunting mission.
- Thanks to the new preferred_limit, the game will try to avoid giving you duel against already wounded characters.
- Most of the dueling events picture were changed. They are also modular, based on duel type, tribal, feudal and so on.
- Added the *Skip the Duel Engine* option to bounties and warrior pilgrimages duels.
- Made sure that the rewards of the bounties were based on the target's tier, and not the hunter's.
- Imported more of the vanilla's duel experience and renown system into my duels. They might become timed at a later time if I find that they stack too high too easily.
- When your fighter trait is rank 4, further increases will instead improve your "Duel Experience" instead of adding 1 martial.
- AIs are less likely to surrender if they are sick.
- In order to make dodge/counter/parry choice more interesting than simply the weight your traits have, they now affect the hit-chances of the attacks:
-- Dodging increase the normal miss chances while decreasing the critical miss chances.
-- Countering increase the critical miss chances while decreasing the normal miss chances.
-- Parrying is the balanced option.

==Bugfixes and optimization
- The chivalry_army_timer modifier is now hidden.
- The holding decisions to set up tournaments are no longer hidden if incapable or prisoner.
- Improved the "Place a Bounty" conditions tooltip.
- The Herculeans' (ck2plus) description is no longer hidden in the french localization.
- Reworked all of the events that make you join a war pick the specified war instead of any.

Now to fix some more issues from the Great Trade League, like how cartographer hunt heretics despite not having that job available at all.

@ChaoYang
I do not think that this enter the scope of my mods. If you meant creating creatable warriors lodge for Catholics and such, there are issues with the missions/system that make it work only with pagans/tribals.

Last edited:
And one last small update to the Great Trade League before Stellaris take most of my time.
==Changes and Balances
- If you have the right religious feature/gender/rule/law combinations when transforming into a merchant republic, its succession will be cognatic and/or enatic. Beware, Republics do not allow matrilineal marriages in most circonstances.
- Added a tooltip about the Bloodline in the society's Rank 4 tooltip.
- Added a tooltip at the end of the resource event chain that tell the estimated income it will create.
- Increased the income from the Stone/Grain/Meat resources.

==Bugfixes and Optimization
- Warehouses will properly be looted, the looters will not simply destroy the level 1-2 warehouse but leave its level 3 guards there.
- Replaced my on_action event that balance Paradox's forced influence on mission success by tweaking the scripted_effect itself instead of adding a new event. This should prevent any issues with mods that do not have Paradox's event.
- Tweaked the files for the Cartographer so it doesn't report the missing jobs related to my other mods in the error log. Also made its attribute "health", the game doesn't recognise it but it should prevent the cartographer from hunting heretics, I hope.
- Removed the duplicate stressed trait from one of the apprentice event.

I'll avoid touching any of these mods in the coming month or two as the thieves societies didn't really receive any work done in months. I cannot even remember what's I've done so far. I know I did the 3 events chains/trials to join the three societies, the 9 provincial level crimes/modifiers/powers, the system to catch criminals/remove crimes... that's about it I think!

I need to make more powers like stealing artifacts, selling prisoners into slavery (it pretty much "kill" them but give a cash rewards based on their traits), unlocking the mapmodes for the different ranks, the head of the guard title, half a dozen missions, all the arts... Ideas are abundant! Now I need to write them.

And one last small update to the Great Trade League before Stellaris take most of my time.

Yeah...me and you both bud lol. That Le Guin and Megacorp is looking really good. Well I guess it does give time for CK2+ and BLG to update so I can have a proper game with this mod :3

@UrsusAtlanticus
Oh I am not adding new traits, I am adding more of Holy Fury's traits to the societies so they give you glory/fervor.

@velox1000
As the tooltip say... it is a guild-master (priority) intrigue decision? Its tooltip says the actual requirements.

I'm having that same problem where the AI stopped replacing council members again after the latest patch of The Great Trade League.

@Lewa263
Why Paradox? Why? How does that even make sense? I can start games, chain console murder their councilor and they replace them. Sometimes not right away but they still do. Killing a lord instantly refill his council. Why does it work like this? How is that supposed to work? How do my changes, that do not touch them at all and produce no error, affect them?

You said that you didn't notice any council issues on the previous version, right? (only on the current and previous previous version) I'l have to compare them again.

Outside from that, I guess that I'll try to fix their useless code with more pointless roundabout events again. Like an AI only yearly event that forcefully select a council for them. That will put a needless extra load on the game, but what else can I do. I am getting... freaking tired of these stupid code issues. I guess that's why nobody ever added a councilor in 7 years.

Yes, I didn't see this happening at all until I played with your latest release for the Great Trade League. I'm using the Steam Workshop version, if that makes any difference.

@ArmedSpartan117
Yes, 1.1.6 was the last version I made before Holy Fury was released. Is is compatible with Jade Dragon and most overhauls who still aren't updated yet.

@Lewa263
There shouldn't be a difference between steam/forum.

D'you mind downloading the forum version and copy pasting this file into my mod's common\job_titles file (I doubt you can simply copy paste its content into the zipped file)? It is a the previous version of the file with the unnecessary stuff removed. And report back? I couldn't notice a different between the 2 files while I tested it back then, so I guess your eyes are more keen-ish than mine regarding that.

Attachments

• maal_job_titles.txt
    328 bytes · Views: 5
I've noticed a very minor bug, for German characters of Orthodox religion the cartographer is called Patriarch (or Matriarch if female), not sure if the localisation issue concerns other cultures too.

@ArmedSpartan117
Yes, 1.1.6 was the last version I made before Holy Fury was released. Is is compatible with Jade Dragon and most overhauls who still aren't updated yet.

@Lewa263
There shouldn't be a difference between steam/forum.

D'you mind downloading the forum version and copy pasting this file into my mod's common\job_titles file (I doubt you can simply copy paste its content into the zipped file)? It is a the previous version of the file with the unnecessary stuff removed. And report back? I couldn't notice a different between the 2 files while I tested it back then, so I guess your eyes are more keen-ish than mine regarding that.
I downloaded the forum version, edited that file, and ran a game in observe mode for 20 years. There are still empty council seats in big realms where there should be plenty of candidates (like the HRE from 1066 start). I made sure to deactivate all my other mods too, so it isn't interference.

@UrsusAtlanticus
Hmm... I started as the Byz emperor, forced my culture to German, and I see no Patriarch anywhere outside of the Ecclesiarch who's the Orthodox Patriarch. Where did you see the word "Patriarch"?

@Lewa263
Since that file was pretty much the same file as the one you didn't notice any issues with. I assume it was just luck. I'll then proceed to create an event that will force AIs to pick a council once a year. I do not know what the issue is, then I'll brute-force a solution.

@UrsusAtlanticus
Hmm... I started as the Byz emperor, forced my culture to German, and I see no Patriarch anywhere outside of the Ecclesiarch who's the Orthodox Patriarch. Where did you see the word "Patriarch"?
I started as HRE, forced my religion to Orthodox, invited a holy man, appointed him as court chaplain and I got this:
EEeH4cQ.jpg

Tried this with 3.0.1 and only The Great Trade League activated.

EDIT: Apparently the issue applies to any kingdom with an autocephalous patriarch, this is Georgia in 1066, I didn't touch anything, it's just as it starts with The Great Trade League activated.

Last edited: