• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
v0.4.5 has now been uploaded and should actually also surprisingly be save game compatible but might have some weird interaction with new Egyptian dynasties if your save game is early and before dynasties have formed yet.

Changes:
- New special and very detailed mission for Waset made by @ Fedor to assert Hegemony over Upper Egypt.
- Egyptian Dynasties are now formed via a mission available for Nomarchies. The decision is still available if you have a large amount of territories and works as a work around especially useful for foreign conquerors of the Nile valley.
- Religious Ranks was accidentally broken and are now added and works properly. Conversion should now be significantly faster, or more likely, even possible at all.
- Cities that hit 0 citizens now demote to Settlement. Will add an event that alerts the player that this has happened in a later update.
- Menelaion and Mitanni (a formable for Hurrians) has recieved unique heritages made by @ Neferata
- AI has been made significantly more aggressive and a bit less trustworthy. Let me know if you notice any difference or if the AI acts too much like a berserker high on flugsvamp (death cap).
- Growth has been significantly lowered from many sources, removing it from food trade goods, settlements as well as adding negative growth from overpopulation.
- Increased the base Forage Capacity from Desert terrain from 0.1 to 1 to try to avoid some calculation errors causing the Forage Capacity to not update properly and get stuck on low values, giving essentially a permanent -100% food.
- De/Centralization Points has been renamed to "Local Religion Power" and "State Religion Power" as suggested by Darren in his video. The traditions are now called Local Traditions and State Traditions. Suggestions for new names are very welcome (for Migration Pressure, Dynastic Prestige or any other name. As the person that named a bronze age mod "The Bronze Age" quite obviously suck at coming up with names, so help might be needed).
- And several smaller things not noteworthy enough.

Last edited:
v0.4.5b has been uploaded removing the demotion of cities at 0 citizens because it could just demote new cities founded... Very stupid error by me, should have considered that situation. A more permanent well thought through solution will be implemented at a later date.

v0.4.5c has been uploaded and should be savegame compatible though won't retroactively show old Pyramids.

Changes:
- New flatmap and surround tile by @ Sloth
- Fixed an issue making Pyramids not actually show up on the map, only Grand Mortuary Temples did.
- New formable Canaan by @ Fedor added.
- New Tyre heritage by @ Nuukov added
- New Heritage for Telchines countries and changing of Menelaion Heritage by @ Nopani
- A bug with the Waset mission fixed
- Greatly buffed conversion speeds from religion rank. All base speeds from rank are now positive and reach higher values.
- Base assimilation speed for Citizens, Freemen and Slaves has been greatly increased.
- Call Omen cost has been greatly reduced.
- Fixed edge case of Dynastic Prestige being able to hit negative values
- Some map visual adjustments for mountains

I know that it will probably take some time to be done but I can't wait for the version with inner anatolia and mesopotamia (+maybe persia) so that the map feels somewhat complete, but don't understand me wrong; the mod is already great and I am just excited for the future of it!

Hi, I think your plantations are slightly bugged. You can build a plantation on a base metal resource. So building a plantation is more effective for producing base metals than a mine, one less slave needed.
The problem is as far as I can see that you test for terrain in the same OR as you test for the products.

plantations = {
local_monthly_food_modifier = -0.4
local_goods_from_slaves = -6
local_slaves_desired_pop_ratio = 0.15
local_freemen_desired_pop_ratio = -0.1
local_population_capacity_modifier = 0.25
local_slaves_output = 0.3

potential = {
has_city_status = no
OR = { # moved from the goods OR, if its not potential we don't need to check in allowed?
terrain = farmland
terrain = flood_plain
}
OR = {
trade_goods = saffron
trade_goods = spices
trade_goods = wine
trade_goods = olive
trade_goods = fruits
trade_goods = dye
trade_goods = papyrus
trade_goods = grain
}
}

allow = {
OR = {
trade_goods = saffron
trade_goods = spices
trade_goods = wine
trade_goods = olive
trade_goods = fruits
trade_goods = dye
trade_goods = papyrus
trade_goods = grain
}
}

chance = {
modifier = {
add = 20
}
}

cost = 120
time = 730

modification_display = {
0 = value_base_resources
1 = local_monthly_food_modifier
2 = value_income
3 = local_goods_from_slaves # how many slaves
}
}

v0.4.5d has now been uploaded and should be savegame compatible.

Changes:
- New amazing main menu and loading screen by @ Sloth
- Pyramids should now actually appear on the map when built...
- Added some flat conversion and assimilation to Temples and flat conversion to Sacred Shrines
- Several new heritages added, Apasa, Millawanda and Troy by @ Littlepage and Jericho and Petra by @ Nuukov
- New formables in Greece by @ Nopani
- Migratory groups stuck on islands like Cyprus and Crete or Karpathos can now migrate to areas around the world. Will this equal the Sea Peoples? Probably not.
- Trading Colony unit ability now adds a pop in the territory avoiding the rare case of losing the territory in case it had 0 pops
- Temporarily removed the Canaan formable due to some performance concerns

@Surt It is intended for one province to not get auto conquered to preserve state improvements, might be a better way of doing this. Yeah that isn't really a bug for plantations but good point, could add so you can't build plantations in locations with minable resources, might be getting a bit out of hand though. And thanks for the map, always useful!

The other day I was wondering if anyone had made huge, enchanting mods for Imperator yet. Quickly found this and was not disappointed! The lapis lazuli theme is really a fine touch, makes you feel like you're in a different epoch. Such a spooky time period with relatively little documentation, just about as far back as you can go in history with the Clausewitz mechanics making sense, this could be the best Bronze Age grand strategy experience out there. Exciting to see the active development. Multiplayer games with this mod would be amazing I think. Bravo!!

@ahuitzotl Thanks a lot!

@Surt Hm will take a look, will be fixed in Mesopotamia either way.

@Arnil It is a placeholder that sort of was forgotten, and they should be replaced. Thanks!

Hey all got some news as well as a general update on the Mesopotamia update.

It is going to be very massive with 29 regions total, which is more than the Levant updates 15 and the Egypt Updates 10, combined. The map will expand very far southeast as well to include the Persian Plateau where the very important Elamite city of Anshan is located as well as the Persian Gulf all the way to the Strait of Hormuz in order to include the Dilmun Civilization.

The update will also include many major gameplay changes, including:

1. Religion system overhaul to adjust to the changes coming with the Archimedes update. Will also be the perfect opportunity to improve it in general.

2. Migration system overhaul to fix the issue of spam revolts but also enable the player to directly interact with the Migratory Group if they so wish. The group will also now have an identity that follows with them on their great voyage.

3. New Civilization progression system tied to research that is sort of like a tech tree. For example the Writing, Law and Palatial Policies (Laws) will be moved to this new system.

4. Buildings overhaul. Stacking buildings is gone with now only 1 of each type being allowed. There will be more and stronger buildings to compensate.

There will also be powerful cultural buildings such as the Zikkurat building for Sumerians and Akkadians which works as both a conversion and assimilation building.

And much more!

Did a bit of playtesting on Crete and I ran into a problem. Don't know how solveable it is or if I'm actually misunderstanding something mechanically, but there are some islands in the Mediterranean that are uncolonizeable, not by virtue of terrain, but because you can only colonize adjacent land, and seazones don't appear to count in all the ways you might expect. The province doesn't have to be directly adjacent to a province with sufficient population, but it does have to be adjacent to a province you own, either by land or via a strait crossing. As a result this one island immediately south of the western part of Crete is impossible to reach by any means, while it's understandably not connected via a strait, due to the distance, it is a problem.

Other than that, I've played around with and greatly enjoyed the mod in its current state and look forward to future expansion.

Did a bit of playtesting on Crete and I ran into a problem. Don't know how solveable it is or if I'm actually misunderstanding something mechanically, but there are some islands in the Mediterranean that are uncolonizeable, not by virtue of terrain, but because you can only colonize adjacent land, and seazones don't appear to count in all the ways you might expect. The province doesn't have to be directly adjacent to a province with sufficient population, but it does have to be adjacent to a province you own, either by land or via a strait crossing. As a result this one island immediately south of the western part of Crete is impossible to reach by any means, while it's understandably not connected via a strait, due to the distance, it is a problem.

Other than that, I've played around with and greatly enjoyed the mod in its current state and look forward to future expansion.
You need to use an army, they can be used to colonize, there is a button in the army screen "set up trade post" or something. The army needs to be on the empty province.

I'm happy to announce that the Mesopotamia Update will be releasing this Saturday, just 2 days away! (Or 1 depending on where you are). The update will of course feature an expansion of the map to encompass of all of Mesopotamia but also most of the Gulf and parts of the Persian Plateau as well. Other major features are:

- Completely overhauled migratory group system that hopefully is actually fun now. (The revolts and "demand family" has been removed). A major goal beside making it not awful is to give ways for the player to meaningfully interact with the system. Hopefully the actions the player can take as well as the way the system interacts with Civilization and Tribesmen Happiness value. If nothing else it is there simply because it is cool to see a group of pops travel across half the map and found new countries, which they now sometimes will do in uncolonized land.

- New Civilization Advancement system offering hopefully some engaging and interesting progression tied to technology. The goal has been to make the bonuses be much more than just some modifier, instead unlocking new buildings, such as Scribe Schools or Tolling Stations or new actions you can take such as Foreign Trading Colonies (which has been reworked completely).

And many more "smaller" things where basically every part of the mod has been given a second look to keep the mod from getting bloated or including things that no longer fit. Some of these:
- Complete overhaul of the building system
- Two new Military Traditions (Hurrian and Mesopotamian)
- A ton of new heritages (at least 40, cba counting them all)
- New unit, the Heavy Chariot
- At least 1 new unit model, the Akkadian one commissioned by the community and also an Aegean one that will come with release or shortly after commissioned to Benjin in majority by @ Skotos_of_Sinope and rest by me.
- Many new deities (150+) and deified characters, so far Gilgamesh, Imhotep, Kubau and Sargon

Hope you give it a try, thanks!

• 10Like
Reactions: