[MOD] The Bronze Age: Maryannu (No Longer in Development)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I noticed in either the flavorizations or cultural localizations there was references to
viceroyalties and imperial realms. Is that what the governor innovation does or was that just planning ahead for possible future dlc? Because the first references to those things used Middle Ages language but then I saw Sumerian Viceroyalties like “sword of the lord”

Some comments after a couple of attempts at the Hyksos:
1) Trying to follow the historical Egyptian practice of royal incest always results in children having negative congenital traits, even if neither of the parents do.
2) Populist/Independence faction revolts need to be toned down somewhat; it's a bit ridiculous for a major revolt to break out every 5 years (admittedly, both this and the previous problem are vanilla issues).
3) How do you access the 'reunification of Egypt' CB?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks a lot for the feedback!

The Egyptian Reunification CB was bugged and has to be completely redesigned as there is seemingly no fix to allow the previous design. The new one might not be added until v2.0 though.
Ah, good to know.

How did get the year to reflect BC and count backwards? I'd like to add some personal flavor as much as possible by adding as many former Pharaohs as possible of a united Egypt.

• 1Like
Reactions:
How did get the year to reflect BC and count backwards? I'd like to add some personal flavor as much as possible by adding as many former Pharaohs as possible of a united Egypt.
I too would like to know how you did the thing with the date

Making the date be "negative" so to speak is actually very simple, most of the texts in the game reference back to a few lines in core localization.

Just replace $YEAR$ with [Subtract_int32('(int32)2900', '(int32)$YEAR$')], where the 2900 is the BCE date for the mods 1st year.
Search for "GAME_DATE_STRING_LONG" in localization and you will find it, but there are some other strings that need adjusting in some gui, they can be found in the mod's file if you are interested, just search for Subtract_int32 or whatever.

Reactions:
What happens with the shown date if one goes beyond the year 0? Does the date get negative and can one switch between, lets say, BC and AD or would that need changing the files themself?

Switching between different date formates like BC/AD is something that needs to be tested because if that is possible, oh boy, the things that could be done with that would be awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions:
v1.6 has now been uploaded and mainly adds compatibility with 1.1.1 but also some general improvements and additions, changelog:

- Now compatible with v1.1.1
- Attaining Primogeniture now requires Limited Crown Authority rather than High, which made it impossible to adopt Primogeniture before later eras.
- A great many cultural titles by @ PrinterIsComing for Akkadians, Aegeans, Hittites and Proto-Hellenics.
- Added historical names for Lullubi culture rather than Akkadian ones. Contributed by @ Abian36 !
- Fixed issue with Gold Mines incorrectly requiring a Silver Mines as well as some missing localization.
- Added scripted title and dynasty flags for all bookmark characters that lacked them.
- Changed the impassables around Egypt as well as making larger wasteland fill in. Should make things a bit prettier, and alleviating annoyance for some.
- Men-At-Arms regiments are now generally cheaper to recruit (but same maintenance cost).

• 5Like
Reactions:
@Orinsul It might eventually but in a bit of a different form, as for example there aren't trade goods. But it would most likely focus even more on the burial and exaltation of characters which in game would be yourself or family members. It fits the general theme of CK3's which is character driven and dynasty centered. Not currently planned for v2.0 though and unlikely to somehow make it in as it is a major undertaking. It would be nice to maybe extend a smaller part of the system to other cultures as well as Royal Tombs are quite universal but of course the Egyptians massive pyramid constructions are quite unique. The gameplay aspects of it are much, much easier to add in CK3 due to the dynastic and character focus. In IR a whole new system of "Dynastic Prestige" had to be created as just giving some stackable modifier to legitimacy or whatever would be very lackluster.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Some comments after a couple of attempts at the Hyksos:
1) Trying to follow the historical Egyptian practice of royal incest always results in children having negative congenital traits, even if neither of the parents do.

It wasn't automatic, but after enough generatons it always gives problems. Can the % of bad congenital traits appearing be fixed?

The latest vanilla patch reduced the inheritance of inbred by a lot and I pushed that change to the mod as well. But I'd say that continous brother-sister marriage should lead to some seriously bad traits. The Egyptians are polygamous after all so you can try make sure every once in a while your heir is by marriage to some foreign prince/princess to reduce inbreeding.

Reactions:
Are there any plans to add an earthquake or famine mechanic to the game? And are there any plans to somehow try and simulate the sea peoples as well as the late bronze age collapse in general (e.g. a mechanic that starts with a few off-map invasion soldiers and that has extra troops added to it whenever a nation in a region though to be the homeland of a group of sea peoples falls)?

• 1Like
Reactions:
could the resources for pyramid building be replaced by specific provices special buildings? Like to build this stage you need 3 of this type of mine and two of this one, specifided provinces can build those mines as special buildings. Once youd build that stage it puts an exhausted modifier on the holding for a decade. Mines cant be used to build a stage if they're exhausted? Just thinking how to fit the IR into CK3 not thinking a new system for CK3. But that could work? idk

I noticed in either the flavorizations or cultural localizations there was references to
viceroyalties and imperial realms. Is that what the governor innovation does or was that just planning ahead for possible future dlc? Because the first references to those things used Middle Ages language but then I saw Sumerian Viceroyalties like “sword of the lord”

When I was writing the titles for the viceroyalties I was unsure as to what government system the Sumerians would use. Of someone converts to the Imperial bureaucracy I would imagine they could use those, but those events and decisions are still pending.