[MOD] The Bronze Age: Maryannu (No Longer in Development)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This mod might be the reason I break my economy and get CK3. :(

EDITED: That said, how have you guys managed religion and cults? Its my understanding that the cults of the Bronze Age were many more and spread across greater territory and, to my understanding, was the primary motivational part of the ruler's legitimacy and ruling ideology. As opposed to the Iron Age where the concept of specific patron deities for cities, states, tribes etc. was much more in fashion.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Multiple news items today: v1.4 has been uploaded to the workshop and should be save game compatible featuring several headgear additions and some general fixes/improvements.

- Added the Minoan Proto-Boar Tusk Helmet previously showcased on the discord for the Aegean cultures to use.
- Added the Mycenaean crowns also previously showcased on the discord and made by Benjin and commissioned by Skotos!
- Diplomatic Range has now been reduced from 1000->750 at the standard level and reduced from 750->500 in the special game rule. Added additional bonuses of 25% diplo range at Early Bronze and Early Iron so each era has a 25% bonus.
- Societies who disallow women (or men) as commanders, now also can't have them as marshals.

Also, after just 6 days since release we have already passed the Imperator mod in current subscribers! The Imperator mod has been available for 1 year and 2 months for comparison. Unique visitors are almost doubled. Thanks a ton for all the interest, it makes a big difference for passion projects like these!

Also added the first Patreon rewards, first being a special Discord Role which lets you flex your support but also informs others of the Patreon's existance. Second is the possibility of you being added as a vanity character! More details can be found in the patreon page. Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions, and thanks so much for your support!

• 6Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Multiple news items today: v1.4 has been uploaded to the workshop and should be save game compatible featuring several headgear additions and some general fixes/improvements.

- Added the Minoan Proto-Boar Tusk Helmet previously showcased on the discord for the Aegean cultures to use.
- Added the Mycenaean crowns also previously showcased on the discord and made by Benjin and commissioned by Skotos!
- Diplomatic Range has now been reduced from 1000->750 at the standard level and reduced from 750->500 in the special game rule. Added additional bonuses of 25% diplo range at Early Bronze and Early Iron so each era has a 25% bonus.
- Societies who disallow women (or men) as commanders, now also can't have them as marshals.

Also, after just 6 days since release we have already passed the Imperator mod in current subscribers! The Imperator mod has been available for 1 year and 2 months for comparison. Unique visitors are almost doubled. Thanks a ton for all the interest, it makes a big difference for passion projects like these!

Also added the first Patreon rewards, first being a special Discord Role which lets you flex your support but also informs others of the Patreon's existance. Second is the possibility of you being added as a vanity character! More details can be found in the patreon page. Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions, and thanks so much for your support!

Better not tell them that on the Imperator forums as they seem to get very touchy about numbers playing.

I hope down the line I will play your mod, but I always play vanilla for a long while when I get new Paradox games, then move over to mods.

• 9Haha
Reactions:
Had a great time playing as the kingdom of babylon on the sack of babylon start date for my labor day. Is there a rule in game to make it to where titles that use dynasty names just use the regular titles?

• 1Like
Reactions:
This mod might be the reason I break my economy and get CK3. :(

EDITED: That said, how have you guys managed religion and cults? Its my understanding that the cults of the Bronze Age were many more and spread across greater territory and, to my understanding, was the primary motivational part of the ruler's legitimacy and ruling ideology. As opposed to the Iron Age where the concept of specific patron deities for cities, states, tribes etc. was much more in fashion.
The idea of patron deities for cities was very very popular already in the 3rd millennium (take a look at the text of the stele of Eannatum, or some of Naram-Sin's texts to see this). You can follow this channel to see more history-related coverage of the periods of the Bronze Age (while doing it in the context of the Bronze Age for CK3)

• 2Like
Reactions:
The idea of patron deities for cities was very very popular already in the 3rd millennium (take a look at the text of the stele of Eannatum, or some of Naram-Sin's texts to see this). You can follow this channel to see more history-related coverage of the periods of the Bronze Age (while doing it in the context of the Bronze Age for CK3)

Cheers!

I hope this is the right forum to ask questions about the mod.
Are the invasions of the Myceneans and the Sea People part of the mod as a dynamic feature similar to the Mongol and Hungarian invasions in the base game? If so do the game rules about the Hungarian and Mongol invasion affect them, and if not is there a plan to implement them?
Before people point this out, I know the Sea Peoples marked the end of the Bronze but the mod ends in 1000 BCE and the sea peoples invaded in the early 12th century BCE, so they should still be a feature of the mod.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I hope this is the right forum to ask questions about the mod.
Are the invasions of the Myceneans and the Sea People part of the mod as a dynamic feature similar to the Mongol and Hungarian invasions in the base game? If so do the game rules about the Hungarian and Mongol invasion affect them, and if not is there a plan to implement them?
Before people point this out, I know the Sea Peoples marked the end of the Bronze but the mod ends in 1000 BCE and the sea peoples invaded in the early 12th century BCE, so they should still be a feature of the mod.

I don't think so atm. But I think the Anglo-Saxon mechanic might be used in a later update if any Proto-Hellenic ruler takes the Argolid or maybe anywhere on the Peloponnesus to form the Mycenaean culture.

This mod is GREAT, I literally don't play vanilla, I'm just playing this mod

I'm playing as Petty King of Athens, I would like to suggest some improvements to CoA, Athens would greatly benefit from it's mighty owl and not just a red hand

• 2Like
Reactions:
@mati_motorloco Thanks, will look into changing the CoA!
thanks for your reply, actually, all CoA (at least for greek factions) need some love, too many repetitions (I have seen a lot of "hands" and "bees" and "boars")

now, are you planning any events fro greek factions? I don't know if it is already implemented, but would be great a Decision to host some kind of Olympic Games!

v1.5 has now been uploaded and should be save game compatible. It adds additional fixes as most development is moving to the big v2.0 update. More news and teasers to come...

Fixes:
- Modifying vassal contracts now properly gives tyranny when it should.
- Added new palace background for characters in Greece + Aegean.
- New CoA for Upper and Lower Egypt Kingdom titles by PrinterIsComing!
- Diplomatic Range values have been reverted to their vanilla values.
- And some more localization fixes.

• 3Like
Reactions:
So yeah, what we are missing here is of course... historically accurate minoan dresses.

s5enviszz8511.jpg

For... ehhh... reasons of historical accuracy of course.

• 6Love
  • 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Color me curious, but during the Hellenic Olympics many centuries after this period, men competed in the nude. Are there any records or artefacts suggesting than men (or women) did the same during this period?