[MOD] The Bronze Age: Maryannu (No Longer in Development)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are there Jews in The Bronze Age?

just for fun, going on the theory that joseph's move to egypt and quick rise into government, followed by his descendants ending up in slavery to the egyptians, lines up with the Hyksos being canaanites who took over the government of egypt and after being cast down generations later, reduced to slavery under the succeeding dynasty...
We could have a Joseph wearing a colourful coat in charge of the kingdoms ganaries as an easter egg in the Hyksos scenario? Yom kippur egg?

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
v1.7 has now been uploaded to the workshop and makes the mod compatible with the v1.2 update. I plan next on adding in content made by other team members such as the Sumer stuff by PrinterIsComing and much more. After that comes the v2.0 update which in its current scope focuses on a religious expansion.

I apologize for it taking so long to just make the mod up to date, not to mention 2.0 release. I had planned on much faster releases and it was a break from earlier in the mod when updates were very rapid. 2020 was just a truly awful year. I hope 2021 can at least be a little better.

Let me know if you find any further issues with it, like missing localization etc as some files have moved around or been renamed and I might not have caught them all. Thanks!

Edit: v1.7b has been uploaded and just fixes vanilla men-at-arms being available to recruit when they shouldn't. Was just files that changed name. Let me know if you find any other ones.

Last edited:
  • 13Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
v1.7 has now been uploaded to the workshop and makes the mod compatible with the v1.2 update. I plan next on adding in content made by other team members such as the Sumer stuff by PrinterIsComing and much more. After that comes the v2.0 update which in its current scope focuses on a religious expansion.

I apologize for it taking so long to just make the mod up to date, not to mention 2.0 release. I had planned on much faster releases and it was a break from earlier in the mod when updates were very rapid. 2020 was just a truly awful year. I hope 2021 can at least be a little better.

Let me know if you find any further issues with it, like missing localization etc as some files have moved around or been renamed and I might not have caught them all. Thanks!

Edit: v1.7b has been uploaded and just fixes vanilla men-at-arms being available to recruit when they shouldn't. Was just files that changed name. Let me know if you find any other ones.
Just curiously, in the very long term, do you plan on adding Shang/Zhou China into the mod? Also, when and if you add the Indus Valley civilization to the mod, how do you plan on doing that since we know so little about them? (I'm not saying that you need to add these, I appreciate that these updates take time. I'm just curious about what your long-term plans are).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Super interested in this mod but I have a question. With trade being such an important part of the Bronze Age, I'm wondering how this mod manages that aspect. I didn't see any mention of it in this thread, which seems weird for a Bronze Age mod of this scope. Is there more detailed info somewhere that details how the mod simulates essential trade routes (tin and copper, etc)?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Now that this mod is no longer in development, I hope there is an updated fan fork coming.

Almost everything in this mod was great and really fun to play...for the short time it lasted.

In fact, I am thinking a ported-back CK2 version would be fun to create and play in. I think I'll have to learn modding now lol.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Now that this mod is no longer in development, I hope there is an updated fan fork coming.

Almost everything in this mod was great and really fun to play...for the short time it lasted.

In fact, I am thinking a ported-back CK2 version would be fun to create and play in. I think I'll have to learn modding now lol.
What happened? Why is it no longer in development?

What happened? Why is it no longer in development?

There was a comment on the Steam Workshop:

Hello all, after working on the mod since early 2019, I've had to realize that the time and effort to finish 2.0 is simply too much as I don't spend nearly as much time at the computer anymore, which is a good thing for me personally, but bad for the mod. Therefore, I am moving on from the project as my focus and interests have shifted to new things.

The project will always be dear to me as I've learnt so much and got to know some of the many talented people in the modding community, so passionate to just create awesome things for others to enjoy. I especially want to thank those who contributed to the mod with assets, writing, feedback, history and so much more! As well as those who shared and spread their interest in an otherwise overlooked time-period in history. You've all been awesome!

I hope the wait in vain doesn't sting too bad, Sorry!

Thanks, and goodbye for now!

Reactions: