• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Which is better performance wise, miniSWMH or vanilla map?
Vanilla map has more provinces than miniSWMH, but miniSWMH likely still has more characters defined. I'm not sure how the performance compares between those two.

(sorry in advance for grammatical mistakes)

I'm (North-)German and have been playing with this map for a while but I have got a few suggestions for the German Title names.

Whenever the HRE has a revolt it sounds a little off. This may partially be because it says "Kaiserliche Revolt", because it would be "Kaiserliche Revolte" in German, but that can be overlooked bc you cant localize revolt names and "Revolt'" is also a more medieval poetic version of the word. As far as I am concerned the German adjectives for the HRE-Titles are a bit odd though so I tried to make a list to fix some of them:

Baiern: Bairische (for the dutchies its oberbairische etc.)
Kärnten: Kärntische
Schaben: Schwäbische
Italien: Italienische/ Lombardische
Böhmen: Böhmische
Polen: Polnische

Its only a minor thing though but I thought you'd like to know.

*Kärntische" is NOT a word. "Kärntner" would be the correct term.

I wonder, how long should the "Kingdom of Aquitaine" be de jure? I'm currently playing the 1187 (Third Crusade) bookmark, and I'm thinking France should have a de jure claim on the English held land in Aquitaine to facilitate their gradual takeover. Does it make sense to even have Aquitaine as a de jure kingdom then at all?

The addition of the 936 bookmark was long awaited. What I noticed off the bat: a 26 year old character has a 16 year old daughter. The low ID on the daughter suggests it's not a dynamically generated character. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
ck2_1.png

For some little issue of historical marriage in 1000 bookmark.

In-game Emir of Toledo (ID: 3206) should be married to the Princess Teresa of Leon (ID: 1235060) and Princess Urraka of Navarre (ID: 106042)

Ref: Kingdoms of Faith: A New History of Islamic Spain, Chapter 14

[EDITED]

Actually the direct demense of Umayyad Caliph Hisham II is too large, he is just the toy king of his chambalain Almanzor

Last edited:
Should we not still have France as "Francia Occidentalis" and Germany as "Francia Orientalis" in the 936 bookmark?

I can kind of live with "France", but having East Francia as "Deutschland" under Otto the Great is not only slightly (subjectively) disgusting, but also as far as I can tell, very (objectively) wrong.

I tend to agree that as a default* 'Deutsches Reich' (Regnum Teutonicum), which I prefer over 'Reich der Deutschen' (Regnum Teutonicorum), would be better than 'Deutschland'. Francia Orientalis IMHO only makes sense, when there is a Francia Occidentalis as well. Other alternatives include Austrasien and Germania (Germanien). Though the latter IMHO is better suited for the non-HRE e_germany title.

(*= like 'France')

A suggestion regarding the parentage of al-Mughith Umar (ID 93034). His father should be Al-Adil II (ID 32926) of Egypt already correctly shown as having died in prison after his brother As-Salih deposed him.

Mentioned in 'From Slave to Sultan: The Career of al-Manṣūr Qalāwūn' as being a nephew of as-Salih and his full title being al-Mughith 'Umar b. al-Adil II in 'From Saladin to the Mongols: The Ayyubids of Damascus' .

Last edited:
A suggestion regarding the parentage of al-Mughith Umar (ID 93034). His father should be Al-Adil II (ID 32926) of Egypt already correctly shown as having died in prison after his brother As-Salih deposed him.

Mentioned in 'From Slave to Sultan: The Career of al-Manṣūr Qalāwūn' as being a nephew of as-Salih and his full title being al-Mughith 'Umar b. al-Adil II in 'From Saladin to the Mongols: The Ayyubids of Damascus' .
Thanks for the report! The age difference between them is only 9 years, though, so I changed al-Mughith's year of birth to 1240.

1240 was my choice too. Wouldn't be surprised if that was exaclty when he was born.

edit; should also suggest maybe a history file entry of him being executed by Baibars in 1263 as happened in real life. Not sure of exact date but I just kept it as January 1. Made him stubborn,proud and ambitious as he was a pain in the rear for the early mamluks.

Last edited:
1240 was my choice too. Wouldn't be surprised if that was exaclty when he was born.

edit; should also suggest maybe a history file entry of him being executed by Baibars in 1263 as happened in real life. Not sure of exact date but I just kept it as January 1. Made him stubborn,proud and ambitious as he was a pain in the rear for the early mamluks.
Done!

King Robert II of France should have 4 sons, the eldest son Hugues the Great and the youngest son Odo?

If Hugues the Great had not died in his revolt accidentally, he would succeed the throne.

Odo maybe with the trait 'slow'?

No presige based tribal retinue?

Have played a lot with full HIP, and recently wanted to try out just the map (installed it via the HIP.exe).

I noticed that even when picking a tribal ruler, I only had access to gold based feudal retinues. Is this a bug or a feature? I had access to the tribal retinues when I played with full HIP, but not with I only install SWMH or miniSWMH.

King Robert II of France should have 4 sons, the eldest son Hugues the Great and the youngest son Odo?

If Hugues the Great had not died in his revolt accidentally, he would succeed the throne.

Odo maybe with the trait 'slow'?

You are right. It should be:
Hugues and Eudes (as well as Constance) are absent from the game right now.
Robert also left an illegitimate son: Rudolph, Bishop of Bourges.

On a similar note: Alfonso V of Leon has three children ingame. The oldest one has a different mother than the other two - which is correct - but should actually be his youngest daughter. She actually wasn't 8 years old in 1018 and was only born in 1023.

You are right. It should be:
Hugues and Eudes (as well as Constance) are absent from the game right now.
Robert also left an illegitimate son: Rudolph, Bishop of Bourges.

On a similar note: Alfonso V of Leon has three children ingame. The oldest one has a different mother than the other two - which is correct - but should actually be his youngest daughter. She actually wasn't 8 years old in 1018 and was only born in 1023.

Will take a look when i get an opportunity to really look at the history files again.

Real life is in control right now, not SWMH.

Edit: Seems like Constance is doubtful, so she should probably be kept out

Last edited:
No presige based tribal retinue?

Have played a lot with full HIP, and recently wanted to try out just the map (installed it via the HIP.exe).

I noticed that even when picking a tribal ruler, I only had access to gold based feudal retinues. Is this a bug or a feature? I had access to the tribal retinues when I played with full HIP, but not with I only install SWMH or miniSWMH.

The tribal retinues AFAIK have to be added to the common\retinue_subunits\01_retinue_subunits.txt in your SWMH mod folder (assuming it's on its own, or without EFM at least). It's a simple copy paste from the base game's retinue text to the SWMH retinue text I just referenced to make available those prestige and piety tribal retinues. It was the first 200 lines of code for me for those tribal units. But, I'm not all that knowledgeable on modding so I couldn't explain fixing tribal lords being able to spend on feudal types (I think they're not supposed to have access? not entirely sure).

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hello. I want to say that I love the mod. You did a really good job and I appreciate all you effort with the map.
I will like to tell you some observations about the Romanian provinces and localisations:
  • In the province 1147 (Bacau) there is a slot name Bistrița, but Bistrița is a city in North Transylvania founded by the Germans.
  • In some provinces from Transylvania should be using Romanian and Germans names for the provinces' slots depending on the ruler; including the privinces names themselves, since at the moment only the Hungarians ones are used.
  • I like to sugges a redistripution of the slots in the area to include the vast diversification of the population and culture. For exemple, in province 619 there should be a city named Hermannstadt/Sibiu/Nagyszeben after the year 1191 with a German lord, and the Transylvania region should include the seven German towns and the fortified churches : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transylvanian_Saxons
  • Also, there is a list with the names and the fondation years of the cities in Romania, maybe helps: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_and_towns_in_Romania
Thank you.

It doesn't matter if the province has a German ruler or not. The Dynamic naming scheme is controlled by the TOP liege.

So unless you are suggesting to make the suggested German ruler independent, the game will revert to the Hungarian localisation regardless.

It doesn't matter if the province has a German ruler or not. The Dynamic naming scheme is controlled by the TOP liege.

So unless you are suggesting to make the suggested German ruler independent, the game will revert to the Hungarian localisation regardless.

By a german lord i meant the cities rulers/temples etc. to be German, not the top liege.
Also, there is no dynamic naming for Transylvania or others provinces with Romanian possible culture if the ruler is Romanian. the used names are still the Hungarian ones for all the provinces.