• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In the province Gautland when you build a new holding one of the possible names are Roma,
doing the console command give_title b_roma x does not work since it gives Roma in Italy.

What's the 'id' for Roma in Gautland?

E: b_geatish_roma

Last edited:
We're still not doing a 769 bookmark. But like we did for exin and VMH, that Gwyn links to, we are more than willing to give our public support and encouragement for a 769 submod
Wait, exin? What's that?

The overhauled crusades (currently codenaming them 'neocrusades' internally) won't target large de jure titles but organic collections of counties relevant to the crusaders, so there won't be any sweeping land grabs (however, neocrusades will tend to happen more often during the height of the crusade era to make up for this) all at once, which is why your suggested implementation isn't quite on the mark. However, small, organic additions of land to the crusader religion (sometimes giving the additional land to a connected preexisting crusader state, sometimes forming a new one) means we'll have a very natural jump-off point for implementing these so-called 'crusade byproducts' / side effects.
Since crusades are indeed being "reworked[...] for the umpteenth time", do you (plural) plan to correct the current de jure status of the crusader kingdoms?
I am curious as to the justification of De Jure Empire of Persia in 867 being so massive. The borders of De Jure Persia appears to align to the post-Heraclius Sasanian Empire / pre-Battle of al-Qadisiyyah Sasanian Empire.

While I actually agree with the notion that the international De Jure mindset of the Persians in the 630's may not have changed all that much from 636 - 867, why then have the Byzantines De Jure lands contracted so massively.
It's mostly based on the Seljuq Empire actually, it's not based on the Sassanid Empire at all (They are not within the game's timeframe, so it wouldn't make sense to base anything on them ;)). It just wasn't changed at all for 867. We could consider changing it of course.
Is the presence of the kingdoms of Antioch and Jerusalem based on a similar railroaded forward-looking rationale?
Preëmptive strawman said:
If we allowed the Kingdom of Syria (representing both the ERE's Diocese of the East and the Caliphate's Province of the North) to absorb those titles de jure, crusades would be ruined. Even if we reworked the crusade CB (for the umpteenth time) to take something smaller than a kingdom (e.g., a targeted coastal duchy and each duchy adjacent to the target), creating the Kingdom of Jerusalem under those circumstances would require us to roll back our abolition of the creation of titular kingdoms, which we aren't willing to do. (Your own supposed lack of problems with using titular kingdoms in your "tweaks" has not convinced us.)
(shrugs) Well, it was just a suggestion. Changing the crusade CB also would fix the problem of crusades for the gigantic Kingdom of Andalusia, though...

Being a novice modder I'll could not fully grasp the extent and meaning of the additional modding support decreed in the latest official dev diary. Reading one line after one I noticed this part:

- set_preferred_capital now works on static titles as well, not just dynamic ones
- Added "capital" title history effect, which sets the preferred capital of the title

Perhaps the SWMH mod could utilize this function for, like, Aragon (Zaragoza-Barcelona), England(Winchester-London), Sicily(Palermo-Naples), and many more.

Being a novice modder I'll could not fully grasp the extent and meaning of the additional modding support decreed in the latest official dev diary. Reading one line after one I noticed this part:

Perhaps the SWMH mod could utilize this function for, like, Aragon (Zaragoza-Barcelona), England(Winchester-London), Sicily(Palermo-Naples), and many more.

Yeap. I also believe it would be a nice addition.

There are duplicates of the Khazar princesses Theodora (Justinian II's wife) and Eirene/Tzitzak (Constantine V's wife), as you can see in their (Ashina) dynastic view in-game.

I think this is the place to ask, sorry if it isn't.

I'm a novice modder trying to make an alternate history mod, which evidently involves character modding. I have a really noob question: how does HIP/SWMH number their character IDs? Is there a specific formula (e.g. the first numbers are the character's dynasty etc)? How does one keep track of all the IDs? If I'm adding new characters rather than modifying present ones, which IDs should I use? I'm lost as it is and I'd really appreciate some insight. :confused:

How does one keep track of all the IDs? If I'm adding new characters rather than modifying present ones, which IDs should I use? I'm lost as it is and I'd really appreciate some insight. :confused:
Notepad++ can do a regexp search in files of a directory. You can write a basic regexp of the ID range you plan to use and search the relevant HIP (and vanilla) folders for it.

You'll note that HIP added characters have many more digits in their codes; eg they're all 100XXX whereas vanilla is just XXX. You can play to this to basically eke out your own "space" for your characters. Say, 309XXX. Think of the 100 for HIP or 309 for you as your "area code" in a phone number!

You'll note that HIP added characters have many more digits in their codes; eg they're all 100XXX whereas vanilla is just XXX. You can play to this to basically eke out your own "space" for your characters. Say, 309XXX. Think of the 100 for HIP or 309 for you as your "area code" in a phone number!

You will definitely be safe if you go over the 1,000,000-2,000,000 range, just remember to not add too many digits. That will cause bugs if i remember correctly. Rather use a range like the one Gwyn suggests e.g. 3,090,000, or whatever you find easier to remember

In SWMH they used to all have the 1000xxxxxx format, but a year ago they were renumbered to 1xxxxxx.

Is Jade Dragon SWMH at the point where you are done adding provinces yet? If I could know the number of entries in definition.csv I could start getting my own compatch ready.
I think so. Last entry is 1990.

Hello, I've got a question about the Capetian house of Montfort in 1337. The first of the house, the future John IV is the heir of the ruling duke of Brittany at the time, but he is still part of the house of Dreux. Could this historical error be fixed? He was the founder of the house of Montfort which ruled Brittany from 1341-1514.

For reference, his character ID is 455755.

Last edited:
Is Jade Dragon SWMH at the point where you are done adding provinces yet? If I could know the number of entries in definition.csv I could start getting my own compatch ready.

I think so. Last entry is 1990.

The highest province ID is now 1997, some lakes in Tibet were given provinces

I was thinking about how to make the Tatar melting pot work with the current Nomad mechanics - is it possible to make it so that it fires in the provinces that are part of the Eastern European steppes, such as de jure kingdoms of Crimea, Moldavia and Khazaria?

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but the coloration of some the Tibetan/Kashmiri/Turkestani titles is a little too similar to the wasteland in that area and it gets a little difficult to distinguish sometimes.