• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While we're on the subject of the "of X" autogenerated dynasties, I'm toying with Greeks using "ites" as a suffix instead of "of" as a prefix, seems to broadly work.

While we're on the subject of the "of X" autogenerated dynasties, I'm toying with Greeks using "ites" as a suffix instead of "of" as a prefix, seems to broadly work.

If we can confirm it to be working, i see no problems with implementing it. I'm currently working on something else, but i will add it to the to-do list for the next release

If we can confirm it to be working, i see no problems with implementing it. I'm currently working on something else, but i will add it to the to-do list for the next release

There are a few awkward names like Antiocheiasites, it might need a grammar_transform

I modyfied to myself and it's work properly :)

from_dynasty_suffix = "i"

ck2_1.png
Huh. Well, I guess it does work. That's really convenient.

Sadly I think grammar_transform isn't moddable... or did something change?

Yeah, I think you're right. I suppose you could easily edit any incorrect dynasty names as emperor but I guess it's not worth putting in the mod in that case.

Although, on the subject of grammar_transform, Italian cultures could possibly use french_grammar_transform.

We have lifted most of the religion specific title creation requirements. But there is still some we've yet to lift.
as i mentioned in the very first reply to the OP we've been trying to do away with religious specific creation requirements.
There are still many non-titular titles locked to certain religious groups (usually Christian). This is understandable for archbishopric duchies, slightly annoying for some titles (e.g. Serbia, Cyprus), and very annoying for Jerusalem and Antioch (when playing as a Muslim).
Is it still planned to get rid of these religion-specific title creation requirements? If not - what is the reasoning behind their existence?

For the record, in the current development version, these are the remaining non-titular titles locked by religion:
  • Prince-Archbishoprics of Cologne, Trier, and Mainz: Christian AND theocracy (also locked to specific localization "Fürst-Erzbistum")
  • Byzantine Empire: Christian
    • Kingdoms of Morea, Cyprus, Serbia, and Ragusa and Empires of Nicaea and Trebizond: Christian
    • (but not Kingdoms of Thessalonica, Epirus, Crete, Iconium, Cilicia, and Bulgaria)
  • Kingdom of Sennar: Christian
  • Kingdom of Italy: Christian
  • Patrimonium Sancti Petri: Christian (AND direct liege holds Byzantine Empire)
  • Duchy/Prince-Archbishopric of Reims: Christian AND theocracy
  • Kingdoms of Castile, León, Aragon, and Portugal: Christian (for creating, not for usurping)
  • Kingdom of Navarre: Christian AND Basque-cultured (for creating, not for usurping)
  • Kingdom of Jerusalem: Christian
  • Kingdom of Antioch: Christian
And these ahistorical empires (non-titular if the game rule is changed)
  • Empire of Nordmannia: Christian or Pagan
  • Empire of Russia: Christian or Pagan
  • Empire of Hungary: Christian
  • Empire of Britannia: Christian OR North-Germanic/West-Germanic/Celtic-cultured
  • Empire of Italy: Christian
  • Empire of France: Christian
  • Wendish Empire: Christian or Slavic AND West-Slavic/Carantanian/Croatian-cultured
Other atypical creation/usurpation conditions, just for completeness. most or all of these are WAD
  • Kingdom of Frisia: independent non-emperor
  • Kingdom of Strathclyde: Cumbric/Scottish/Breton/Welsh-cultured
  • Kingdom of Aquitaine: does not hold Kingdom of France
  • Kingdom of Germany: Holy Roman Empire is unheld
  • Voivodeships of Wallachia and Moldova: Kingdom of Bulgaria is not primary title OR after year 1100
  • Kingdom of Sardinia: not a republic
  • Kingdom/Most Serene Republic of Venice: republic
  • Duchy of Khotan: independent
EDIT: forgot Wendish.

Last edited:
I believe that both Pisa and Genoa are de-jure kingdoms that require a Republic.
Neither are de jure kingdoms, just de jure duchies. There are titular kingdoms for them that do require a republic government to create, however. [However, I'm not sure whether the merchant republic government type is allowed to create kingdoms and empires since HL; I should look into that.] In that case I'd say the titles were specifically for representing a certain state and thus it's fine to be government-locked.

Neither are de jure kingdoms, just de jure duchies. There are titular kingdoms for them that do require a republic government to create, however. [However, I'm not sure whether the merchant republic government type is allowed to create kingdoms and empires since HL; I should look into that.] In that case I'd say the titles were specifically for representing a certain state and thus it's fine to be government-locked.

I'd maybe add the same conditions to the Hansa, it has only the title_king_basic conditions last I checked.

A question - how do you (SWMH team) assign and manage tasks? Do you have an internal bug tracker, use some project managing software, or do you just rely on your own memories and post-it notes?

A question - how do you (SWMH team) assign and manage tasks? Do you have an internal bug tracker, use some project managing software, or do you just rely on your own memories and post-it notes?
Our private gitrepo linked with the HIP dev Slack helps a lot for keeping some structure. Still a lot of leaky memory and hand drawns notes involved(at least for me there is ^^) but its less than it used to be.

how to play SWMH independently from HIP
You have to download the installer that includes all of HIP's modules. When you run the installer, however, you can choose to install only the specific module(s) that you want to use.

Merchant republic government can create kingdoms and empires, but they can't usurp them. Just tested.

Still totally willing to pitch in on the historicity front for a 769 bookmark, if you're willing to attempt it. If only because I'm a pervert with a weird obsession for the Byzantine Emperor's only daughter. Can't help with painting the map, though; the local zoo's art auction proved that the artistic skill of an orangutan is far superior to mine.

Still totally willing to pitch in on the historicity front for a 769 bookmark, if you're willing to attempt it. If only because I'm a pervert with a weird obsession for the Byzantine Emperor's only daughter. Can't help with painting the map, though; the local zoo's art auction proved that the artistic skill of an orangutan is far superior to mine.

No official project will be made, but there's an unofficial project that has at least a skeleton up here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/submod-vmh-vaguely-more-historical.979305/

We're still not doing a 769 bookmark. But like we did for exin and VMH, that Gwyn links to, we are more than willing to give our public support and encouragement for a 769 submod