• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AGHHHHH, THE LOCALIZATIONS IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!
Can I disable these new translated tags? It doesn't add much to gameplay by letting me play as a nation I can't pronounce.
There might be possibility in future, but not for now and not for the update we are corrently working on.
Even I personaly might sometimes find it harder not to get lost or find what I want, but it certainly DOES add flavour :)

I'm glad you like it :)
Do you have a province/ducal overview ready that you could share with us for Egypt too Elvain?
I don't have it (the ducal overview) yet and now I have to go... but maybe there will be something later tonight or tomorrow
I might post it either later today or tomorrow, possibly not just one screenshot, but it depends how the work will flow. I don't want to show only one screenie, so it may take more time (the worst possibility is that I won't be able to finnish all I want untill the end of my busy weekend), so I can't really promise
Oh, a quick request for the British Isles overhaul, replace the Bishopric of Monmouth something like the Bishopric of Tintern (historically an Abbey, but so are a lot of Bishoprics in the Isles in game). It's just silly to have someone representing a diocese that didn't even exist until 1921 (and is based in Newport) in game.
this needs to be answered by Axl. I can't promise anything about British overhaul

This is absolutely briliant mod, but I dont like county of Novgorod, beacouse this shape doesnt look good and is also much bigger than other. And localizations, I personaly like it, game is more interesting with it.

AGHHHHH, THE LOCALIZATIONS IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!
Can I disable these new translated tags? It doesn't add much to gameplay by letting me play as a nation I can't pronounce.
There will be a replacement set for those that want anglicised localisations soon^^ at the very latest it will be launched alongside the new version.

This is absolutely briliant mod, but I dont like county of Novgorod, beacouse this shape doesnt look good and is also much bigger than other. And localizations, I personaly like it, game is more interesting with it.
Thanks :) The next version includes a complete overhaul of all Rhos, so Novgorod shouldn't be a problem for too much longer;)

There will be a replacement set for those that want anglicised localisations soon^^ at the very latest it will be launched alongside the new version.

Thanks :) The next version includes a complete overhaul of all Rhos, so Novgorod shouldn't be a problem for too much longer;)

I have already asked elvain, but do you have a province/ducal overview you can share with us for Russia as well, Aasmul?

I have already asked elvain, but do you have a province/ducal overview you can share with us for Russia as well, Aasmul?
I could^^ but why spoil the surprise:p
Actually Rhos is already finished:) it still misses a few propper coa's and some more interesting history title(the whole place is still owned by three wanabe Rurirk guys:rolleyes: and that isn't really optimal, so I need spice up the place with a few more playable charcters). Otherwise everything is set and the place is fully operational (which still leaves me; Finland(half done), Perm, Siberia, Crimea, Steppes, Prussia etc........ to do :mellow: )
We will be doing some comprehensive devdiaries soon, and the first one will either be by Elvain about Africa or me about Rhos, depending on who get finished first, so it won't be long before there will be some screenies^^

We will be doing some comprehensive devdiaries soon, and the first one will either be by Elvain about Africa or me about Rhos, depending on who get finished first, so it won't be long before there will be some screenies^^
I came across some serious problems in the last few days that remarkably slowed me down, but most of them are now solved.

But as the African overhaul is quite large, there is a question to ask. Should my "dev diary" be about West Africa or Egypt? I could do something small tomorrow (I promise, there won't be no more delays:)), bot only in one of these regions.

okay then.
Together with previous demands for Egypt, it will be Egypt... perhaps by this midnight...

Elvain's dev diary #1 - Egypt

As I promised, here I go with the dev diary.

Kingdom of Egypt have expanded to the south and the west, at least visualy. The provinces now copy the Nile walley and the kingdom of Egypt will consist of 6 quite large duchies:
screensw27regionegyptdu.jpg

I hope I won't reveal much if I also confess that the shiite Fatimid caliphs will have it little harder, as the population of Egypt won't be shiite as in vanilla, but will reflect the medieval reality: there will be large miaphysite minority as well as sunni majority.
screensw27regionegyptre.jpg

One of the things which are not generally known is, that the mother of caliph al-Mustansir was black slave. I will introduce this lady to the game and to add some more flavour, there will also be her black son, whom I made playable... so you will be able to play as a black son of caliph az-Zahir, brother of caliph al-Mustansir... so for a skilled player there is nice possibility of having black shiite caliphs :)
screensw27fatimidblack.jpg

As I already announced some time ago, there will be few more black characters in Egypt. During the time of al-Mustansir and his influental mother Sayyida Rasad the blacks gained much influence not only among caliph's guards, but also in administration and some of them even become emirs.

Many of us complain that the Fatimids are overpowered. From what I have seen in my test games, they don't have it easy with their sunni subjects. You can expect that the capiph's position will also be weakened by the fact that many of his slave turkish vasals will be sunni, just like their population.

The multicultural Fatimid caliphate was definitely not a cradle of peace.
What can we expect from anomosity between black and turkish slaves, who managed to become emirs by the mid 1060's? Well, you will see in the next SWMH update

Now the last part of this small devdiary is short view to the west of Nile.
In the Fezzan, you will see not only Suleimid dynasty (Banu Sulaym), but also their "friends" of Banu Hilal. I don't want to reveal everything, so here you can only see how the Sahara of Fezzan and Cyrenaica will look like :)
screensw27fezzan.jpg

Attachments

• screen_sw27_REGION_egypt_duchies.jpg
    screen_sw27_REGION_egypt_duchies.jpg
    373,7 KB · Views: 15
  • screen_sw27_REGION_egypt_religions.jpg
    screen_sw27_REGION_egypt_religions.jpg
    430,5 KB · Views: 11
  • screensw27fatimidblack.jpg
    screensw27fatimidblack.jpg
    191,6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Looks perfect. Nice to see the Chott el Djerid and the Faiyum. Though I'm curious why the eastern lakes are still connected to the mediterranean. Also will the Armenians be represented in Egypt?

@elvain: I really hope the blue color of Nubia doesn't mean Egypt gets dejure claims on it. Egypt truly has no business getting dejure claims on Nubia.

I see no de-jure Kingdom overview. Does similar colours usually indicate that?. Bot you are of course right, keeping Nubian duchies separate from the Egyptian Kingdom greatly increases Nubian survivability.

On Topic: It looks beautiful man, i can't wait for you guys to release :D