• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dang it ! It will become so much interesting to play a west african character !

I fear, however, that so many provinces will give too much power to Mali/Ghana. Have you tried some hands-off runs to see how AI's doing ?
I hope it will. The biggest problem is to populate the map with enough historical characters...
And no, I haven't tried it yet. That's why we need some time before the update is published, there is still huuge amount of work ahead.
I'm pretty sure that most of the land will be pagan, and quite a few of the rulers will be pagan too, so they would have a hard time holding on to any conquests up north. (The Vanilla setup of having Islam be almost an established thing in West Africa in the mid 11th Century is very far from the truth).

Plus, quite a few extra desert provinces with a very low attrition bar will now seperate the north and the south, which will make cross-saharan warfare perilous and unlikely to succeed unless you are big enough to be able to handle the attrition.

Then (maybe it's already incuded) the holy war cb for muslim gainst african pagan can be deleted to represent the fact that maghrebian ruler would never go cross the sahara to take the gold that already flows to the north. That would hold the north from taking the Mali.
theKing is right, only few of the WA provinces will be muslim.
The Berbers of the southern fringes of the Sahara will be muslim though. And the WA muslims DID jihad the Sudanese pagans (Almoravid conquest of Awdaghust, Takruri jihad etc.). Yet this needs to be decided and balanced as soon as we start testing.

Anyway I must say big Thank you to both of you for your remarks, they do help a lot!

Last edited:
All the COAs are misplaced when I load this with CK2+

SWMH and CK2+ are not compatible, so i can understand why they are messed up. If you wish to play SWMH alongside CK2+, i suggest you download the mod Synergy. The creator has with permission from the creators of this mod and the ones of CK2+ created a merged version.

You just download that and run it alone, that should solve your problems

SWMH Service anouncemnet

Meneth will post a compability patch along with his new version of PB. So from tomorrow it will be possible to play with both PB and SWMH at the same time :)

Don't know if this has been asked yet, but is it likely in the future that we can get an option where every duchy/kingdom/empire/etc. is in the language of the person you're playing, and not in the language of each individual duchy/kingdom/empire/etc.? I think this would be a lot cooler, having a world in French names if I'm French or in Irish if I'm Irish.

Yes, that is our plan. In every possible place.

But before we do that, we want to finnnish the map, and there are still few large regions, which need to be done.

Now that they have come up with a fix that enables you to lock certain Kingdoms into the Ecumenical Patriarchs domain i was wondering where all the files are for the Kingdoms you've added Aasmul. I'm particularly having difficulties finding the files for the Empire of Nikaea and the Despotate of Epirus, also i can't really seem to find the files for Wallachia and Moldavia.

I am just bumping this seeing as i never got an answer

ok, so let's move here, what belongs here:

Okay then, i have something else to note. The Indian Ocean appears to be unnavigable which is screwing with your Muslim republics setup in that area.
I know. Not sure whether or not to re-add ocean provinces there.

Last edited:
something more that should have been posted here:
Real talk, I'm excited that you're incorporating SWMH map into PB, but por la amor de Dios fix the duplicate Mezen Bay. It drives me nuts. I'm a man of extreme passions, and I literally almost derailed my portrait stuff like ten times to start a map mod just to fix that. But I couldn't stop there, so I would have had to continue until I redid the whole thing. And then I would be either bartering to get it into other mods or going against a seasoned team of Paradoxian Cartographers out for blood, and I play for keeps. I'd be 'bout-it, 'bout-it in the parking lot with a straight razor calling shots and dropping bombs.

tl:dr - Please fix Mezen Bay. For reference it's that little phallic dongle-doo hanging out all protuberated East of Kola, and they have the damn bay twice. Twice!

elvain said:
RQCqXJE.png
better place for issues you have with SWMH map should be posted in SWMH thread. I'm not sure if Aasmul will notice it here.

Note that this part of map was coppied from vanila, Russia is now undertaking total rework... but better remind Aasmul as he is working on it

That's so cool. He has been awfully quiet lately, so i was actually only aware of what you and Axl were working on. But i'm very happy that Russia is receiving some long overdue love :D.
We are all quite busy. I and Axl are less disciplined and we still keep posting here instead of doing modding :D

I know it's from vanilla. I was just telling Meneth because he updates quickly. And, I would be willing to do it myself having worked with him in the past on the Baltics. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I did give Aasmul a little over 250 maps a couple weeks back. Hopefully they're going to good use.
I can't speak for him, but I am pretty sure they will ;)

Last edited:
ok, so let's move here, what belongs here:
Since you're posting that here, I might as well ask:
Are you planning on making the Indian Ocean navigable? I think it adds more than having to be able to sail through Suez detracts.