• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello¡
A have a suggestion about the umayads vassals in 867:
The Banu Danis should control lisboa and alcacer do sal in 867: In the actual gameplay is impossible that they could conquer this areas as historically did they, because they only control the province of Coimbra, and are going to be destroyed by his neighbor Suranbaqi.

Here is a image of the Banu Adanis expansion in Portugal:

Attachments

• 728px-Banu_Danis_until_AD_930.png
    728px-Banu_Danis_until_AD_930.png
    234 KB · Views: 16
Reactions:
Hello¡
A have a suggestion about the umayads vassals in 867:
The Banu Danis should control lisboa and alcacer do sal in 867: In the actual gameplay is impossible that they could conquer this areas as historically did they, because they only control the province of Coimbra, and are going to be destroyed by his neighbor Suranbaqi.
Thank you for your suggestion. Our understanding, however, is that Banu Danis's migration to Lisbon area took place later than 867. We have in our files Banu Danis governors of Lisbon and Alcacer do Sal from the early 10th century.

Reactions:
OK, I am trying to make the start dates from 867 till 936 scrollable. I don't however want to sink so much time into it only to find out that the next update of SMWH has it.
Are you guys working on a scrollable dates from 867 till 936?

(Tulunid empire, Saffarid Empire)

Nope. I toyed around with the idea of a 914 bookmark, so i have done some legwork for that. But it is by no means finished.

But if your setup is based on reasonably accurate research, then i'm more than willing to include your history files into the main mod.

If you guys wanna help me, then i'm more than willing to receive help. Never doubt that

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
@theKing1988
Hi Id like to know what inspired you to change culture and religion in bosnia the way you changed them.
In detail:
1. Why 1150 for bosnian to appear?
2. Why are the provinces turnng orthodox in 880 before they turn catholic in 1150?
3. Why are the provinces seperated between croatian and serbian in this way?

Last edited:
I'm not OP but I think the reason for 1150 is because the Banate of Bosnia was established in 1154 so giving them distinct Bosnian culture at this time is appropriate, I guess
sure but how does a granted "state" (under hungarian suzerainty and still the croatian crown) ruled by a croatian noble make the region somehow change its culture and religion?
At this time bosnia was just a county but somehow the entire region changed its identity and id like to know how

Does anyone know how I can edit SWMH so that ice doesn't form in the winter? Even just directing me to the file I need to edit would be of great help. I'm assuming I'll most likely just need to move the point at which it forms further up the y axis of the map.

Does anyone know how I can edit SWMH so that ice doesn't form in the winter? Even just directing me to the file I need to edit would be of great help. I'm assuming I'll most likely just need to move the point at which it forms further up the y axis of the map.

It's the climate.txt file in "mod/Historical_Immersion_Project/map". Just remove the provinces from the climate types, it should look like this afterwards:

Code:
mild_winter = {
}

normal_winter = {
}

severe_winter = {
}

It's the climate.txt file in "mod/Historical_Immersion_Project/map". Just remove the provinces from the climate types, it should look like this afterwards:

Code:
mild_winter = {
}

normal_winter = {
}

severe_winter = {
}
Thank you! I saw the climate.txt but was concerned it'd affect the winter supply limit instead of just the visuals of the ice forming. Appreciate your help!

A few character/title history issues.
1. Godefroy de Joinville (212651) and all subsequent de Joinville (dnt=23110) characters have a broken dynasty tree as Godefroy has no parents. In my games I have edited him to be 1 year and 1 day older, and making his parents Geoffrey de Joinville (90053) and Hodierne de Courtenay (90069) thus fixing the dynasty tree. However, I have no clue if this is historically accurate.

2. The Cerdanya (10019) dynasty tree is broken because the first generation has four siblings and only the eldest (who dies without issue) links back to the parent Barcelona (100204) dynasty. I've fixed this in my game by changing the dynasty of the four siblings father Miron de Barcelona (70154) from Barcelona (100204) to Cerdanya (10019). This however breaks his daughter Gotruda (70279) from the Barcelona dynasty, so I also added her to the Cerdanya.

3. This Wikipedia page Fulk_III,_Count_of_Anjou* leads me to believe that Elizabeth de Vendosme (168015) is the most likely candidate to be the first wife of Foulques de Anjou (374) and the mother of his eldest Adele (40461). I would also change Elizabeth's birth year to 979 as the article suggests. I'm not sure how accurate you consider that source, but it kind of makes sense in how the children of Adele become the holders of c_vendome.

4. This Wikipedia page Fulk_I,_Count_of_Anjou* suggests that Foulques de Anjou (1799) should hold c_tourraine from 905-942, d_anjou from 929-942 and his son Foulques de Anjou (370) from 942-960-ish. Again I'm not sure how accurate you consider that source, also I understand if the meaning behind having no holder of d_anjou was to jerry rig the de Anjou and de Blois into being vassals of the Robertian-Capetians.

* Can't link the Wikipedia pages without telling me I'm spamming.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have a question about the 1300 bookmark (King Wenceslaus II). Fairly new to SWMH so sorry if asking the obvious of if it belongs elsewhere. Tried to play the Hungarian interregnum period, but found some missing characters and ran into other problems with one of the bigger historical events around Bohemia, Poland and Hungary, that changed whole dynasties:

Andrew III, king of Hungary, died without male heir in 1301 (his wife and daughter is missing from the game). Nobles split, two main pretendants:

1) Charles d'Anjou (469500), grandson of Mary of Hungary and son of King of Naples, supported by Croatian part of the kingdom, coronated with a provisional crown by those lords, which the Diet declared invalid, supported by Pope.

2) Wenceslaus II of Bohemia and Poland, kinsman of Andrew, on behalf of his young son Wenceslas III, betrothed to Andrew's young daughter Elizabeth of Töss (missing in game or SWMH!). Supported at first by Matthew Csák of Upper Hungary, Kőszegis and around the capital Buda, coronated as Ladislaus with Hungary's Holy Crown in 1301. Historical expose:
W.III resided in Buda 1301-1304, briefly besieged by Charles (not successfully), he nevertheless gradually lost support of the Hungarian nobles. Asked father for help, who captured Esztergom and came to Buda with an army. After negotiations WII decided it is untenable and both returned to Bohemia, leaving a governor in place but taking the crown with them to Prague.

Charles tried to invade Moravia in 1304 (unsuccessfully) with help of Rudolf of Austria. Meanwhile, Władysław (Piast) claimed Poland against W.II, who died in 1305. W.III saw he couldn't keep three kingdoms and renounced Hungary's crown, but surprisingly not to Charles, but Otto III of Bavaria, who held it till 1307. With Wenceslaus's position in Poland weakening, he was assassinated in 1306, ending the male line of Premyslid dynasty. In 1308, Charles finaly became King of Hungary proper.

Historically, it was all quite significant, as it was the turning point for three very powerful kingdoms and extinction of two important "bloodline" dynasties in the male line (Premyslids and Arpads), with much subsequent furore and several kingdoms changing hands. Hungary to Charles, who did consolidate it, Poland back to Piasts, Bohemia to Luxembourgs with later Charles IV becoming HRE (out of scope of the game) and all later to the Habsburgs and their empire.
I tried to recreate that scenario playing either as Wenceslaus II, Wenceslaus III himself with a regent or possibly as Charles.

Here the problems start:

1) Elizabeth, daughter of Andrew III and her mother are missing completely, Andrew III is unmarried in the 1300 timeline till his death, has no daughter and there is obviously no way for W. III to get elected for Hungary when Andrew dies due to game mechanics as he has no claim. Since he is still able and not old, AI will marry Andrew immediately at any game start when he is still alive and the whole thing is off. Scrolling the timeline the events do show corretly, just no way to get them with missing people and incompatible mechanics for outside claims on vacated thrones. One of the Hungarian dukes just gets the crown instead, after Andrew dies.

2) Even though the timeline shows Wenceslaus III as King of Hungary from 1301 to 1305, it is in name only since he is landless (correct, both pretendants W.III and Charles held no lands in Hungary, the powerful nobles haven't given them "even a single castle"). Cannot start game as a landless character, and cannot play as Wenceslaus II either, since Hungary gets destroyed immediately upon game start. It's history tab shows 1301.1.14 Vaclav, 1301.1.14 No Holder. It's all now just big independent dukes and Croatia, without any CBs to unite it back.

3) There is now no way to recreate it, even when starting game as W.II or W.III after 1301, since k_hungary gets destroyed immediately upon start (owner landless!) and there are no Casus Belli against the dukes or the former territory to press. I tried giving me a claim to k_hungary via console, but that didn't give me any CB, since it no longer existed. To create it, I'd need 51% land. I'd have to give me claims to all De iure duchies, but I am not sure how would that work later, with strong claims to all the duchies getting inherited by my descendants? He had claim for the crown only, not the duchies.

4) All that makes the period 1301-1305 unplayable from the perspective of those characters. Only date I am able to start as Wenceslaus III is 21 June 1305, because by then he inherits Bohemia and Poland from his father and is no longer landless. Even then, there are no competing claims on the crown of Hungary, Charles d'Anjou is away content in Naples and the dukes are easy to placate at first. Makes for a boring start with no claimants.

I know CK2 game mechanics don't cope well with interregnum periods and outside claimants, it's a game after all, not a medieval politics simulator and not every moment on the timeline can ever be supported. However, would there be anything to make that period playable? Either made into SWMH (because the 1300 W.II bookmark misses the whole Hungary episode if started at the bookmark - Andrew III lives on and marries, since his real wife is missing in-game), or if I just wanted to script it myself for fun?

Giving W.III a single county inside Hungary to keep the crown?
Charles d'Anjou as AI adventurer with goal of Hungary?
Adding some CBs to both W.III and Charles while allied with their powerful fathers, the Habsburgs and Pope for Charles and Carinthians or whoever it was for Wenceslaus? Is there even such a CB? That could perhaps work if even with Hungary shattered into duchies and Croatia (which might better represent the actual situation at the time), with all the relevant duchies allied with each other for each side and all Dalmatians with Charles and Upper Hungary and some with Wenceslaus (until 1304 or so when W.III lost their support)?

I know SWMH is mostly moving onto CK3, but perhaps this was just overlooked and there is a simple solution that could be implemented? Or again, it might need too much work, I have no idea :)

Thanks again for the whole SWMH, that really made CK2 much more enjoyable for me!
(I had to remove the respective links to any sources since it got flagged as spam, I guess due to being my first post here, oh well)

Last edited:
What the CK system can't handle at all are adventurer lords like most of Charles' ambitions, or El Cid at the 1066 start (he NEVER does anything other than being marshal to whomever wins the civil war - because the game doesn't have a mechanic whereby someone becomes an adventurer. That's why all the adventurers are in fact Duke of Jamtland and Sicily, Duke of Visby and Galicia...)

Giving W.III a single county inside Hungary to keep the crown? Charles d'Anjou as AI adventurer with goal of Hungary?

What the CK system can't handle at all are adventurer lords

I see, thanks. While outside the scope of the SWMH topic (sorry, I posted it here just because of the missing Andrew's bethrothed daughter, I wondered if it was just omission or mechanics issue with SWMH historical characters at first), any way to recreate similar scenario with several outside claimants to a single crown inside CK2 mechanics? These days, I much more enjoy "ahistorical" CK2 short-plays of "but what if" based on true historical events (the whole HIP mod and SWMH help with that a lot) rather than a long-play to some boring empire blob :)

Some small suggestions regarding cultural choices: It seems odd that Surayye / Aramaic is its own completely separate cultural group, especially considering how in other cases SWMH did away precisely with such outliers. I think being at least in a common group with Mashriqi would make sense, based on cultural as well as linguistic affiliation, even if they are not exactly "Arabic" per se. Even the vanilla classification within the Byzantine group might be fine considering Armenian and Georgian are lumped in there as well, although it makes less sense for Eastern Syriacs who had few ties to the Empire.

Second, how cane Moger / proto-Hungarians are not nomadic any longer? It seems by all accounts they should be, rather than just tribal.

Then there are some strange choices of basically synonymous ethnonyms applied in different variations - how are Langobardo / Lombardo, Frensisk / Fransisk or Parsi / Parsig supposed to be distinct from each other?

Last edited:
Well as i said to you the other day. Development of SWMH is completely stopped. I was the lead modder of SWMH in CK2.

Unless something is not working as intended, i am not gonna touch it.

My fellow HIP co-mod Delnar did the Old Magyar/Hungarian split, and according to what he read on the early days of the Magyars, they don't really fit what is defined as Nomads in CK2. But then again, the border between Tribals and Nomads are poorly defined in CK2, which is probably why they scrapped Nomads altogether for the inital release of CK3.

The Cultures you mention in the bottom is (Upper) Franconian and Lower Franconian. One developed into German and the other developed into Dutch. And the other is Southern Lombard and Northern Lombard. The Southern Lombard remained much more Germanic, while the Northern Lombard became a lot more French/Latin under the rule of Charlemagne and his successors.

I will leave my reply at this, so don't be concerned that i am not responding any further to you, if you post any more about the topic. As i said at the beginning of this post. I have stopped all development of SWMH for CK2. So i don't really want to spend any more time in this thread than i have to

Last edited:
Sorry, I just thought it was courteous to leave a little feeback regardless. You never know who might pick it up one day, after all! I don't think CK2 will be abandoned by the player base as fast as CK1 was, seeing as it will take years for CK3 to catch up on all those DLCs. Please don't feel pressured into responding or anything.

I concur that the regional cultures are different, I just found it weird that they are given synonymous names in different dialect variations - but then again, "Dutch" is sort of the same case, so touchee.

It sounded like you assumed changes was still possible to the SWMH setup, which is why i made sure to make it absolutely clear that they're not. You don't need to apologize for your assuming anything. If you are new to the mod, there is no way you could have known this.

I certainly hope that the playerbase don't abandon playing my SWMH work (and my fellow co-mods, although i'm the only SWMH mod that is still actively modding) immediately. I've spent god knows how many hours on it.

And yeah, sometimes there is just no way around ethnonyms that are very similar. Some languages in Europe just resemble each other a lot.

Reactions: