• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Blois (Champagne in the game for some reasons I am not aware of) should not own the County of Tourraine in 1044 and afterwards.

EDIT: For better understanding I'm posting the current setup just below:

Code:
968.1.30 = {
    liege = d_champagne
    holder = 91210
}
996.1.28 = {
    holder = 91211
}
1021.6.9 = {
    holder = 390
}
1037.11.15 = {
    holder = 392 # Etienne de Blois
}
1047.1.2 = {
    holder = 391 # Eudes de Blois
}
1066.1.1 = {
    holder = 394 # Thibaud de Blois
}
1089.1.1 = {
    liege = d_anjou
    holder = 380 # Foulque IV le Rochin
}
1109.4.14 = {
    holder = 223525 # Foulque V le Jeune
}

This setup gives the County of Tourraine to the Duke of Anjou only in 1089. But as "Tours and the whole area around it, with the sole exception of his patronage of the monastery of Marmoutier" were surrendered to Anjou in 1044 already, Anjou should own the county. The previous setup before the recent changes gave Tours to Anjou in 1041.

Below is the original setup I just talked about:

Code:
1037.11.15 = {
    holder = 394 # Thibaut I de Blois
    law = succ_primogeniture
    law = cognatic_succession
}
1041.1.1 = {
    liege = d_anjou
    holder = 376 # Geoffroy II Martel
}
1060.1.1 = {
    holder = 378 # Geoffroy III le Barbu
}
1066.1.1 = {
    holder = 380 # Foulque IV le Réchin
}
1109.4.14 = {
}

Last edited:
Blois (Champagne in the game for some reasons I am not aware of) should not own the County of Tourraine in 1044 and afterwards.

Code:
968.1.30 = {
    liege = d_champagne
    holder = 91210
}
996.1.28 = {
    holder = 91211
}
1021.6.9 = {
    holder = 390
}
1037.11.15 = {
}
1047.1.2 = {
}
1066.1.1 = {
}
1089.1.1 = {
    liege = d_anjou
}
1109.4.14 = {
}

This setup gives the County of Tourraine to the Duke of Anjou only in 1089. But as "Tours and the whole area around it, with the sole exception of his patronage of the monastery of Marmoutier" were surrendered to Anjou in 1044 already, Anjou should own the county. The previous setup before the recent changes gave Tours to Anjou in 1041.

Code:
1037.11.15 = {
    law = succ_primogeniture
}
1041.1.1 = {
    liege = d_anjou
}
1060.1.1 = {
}
1066.1.1 = {
}
1109.4.14 = {
}

I don't think there has been a huge focus on the accuracy of the setup in France.

I have grown so used to the RPG and duel mechanics in RAW that I cannot play without them. I am trying to download SWMH alone so I can also add it to RAW. If I download the main HIP download and only add SWMH, I think there will still be some residual file changes that will create an interference. That is why I am looking for an updated version of SWMH so I can mod it further.

I have grown so used to the RPG and duel mechanics in RAW that I cannot play without them. I am trying to download SWMH alone so I can also add it to RAW. If I download the main HIP download and only add SWMH, I think there will still be some residual file changes that will create an interference. That is why I am looking for an updated version of SWMH so I can mod it further.
Download HIP and enter no in the installer for all components but SWMH then.

Hi.

Excellent mod.

Any chances adding food economy?

The persians were what they were because they were in the most fertile region in the world. Rome became what it became because their first big conquest was sicly from the cartago empire. Sicily was the best food supply in europe. From there, they kept groing and carefully paying attention to rich provinces. In that time, rich provinces meant those with the best agriculture. There was a reason the apital was moved to constantinopla, the richest provinces were nearer there than nearer to rome.

It is a fact that the roman empire melted down when they lost the grain rich provinces to the vandals in africa. As pointed out by Chris Wickham and many others, thats what originally made everything colapse. Also, it destroyed mediterranean commerce.

Same happened to the eastern roman empire when they lost egypt to the arabs.

Rome went down from 500.000 to 60.000 habs. There should be some way to reflect this. Every history book about society, politics and war makes emphasis on the importance of having enough grain supplies. Rome was what it was because of sicily, tunez, egypt and levant incredible rich provinces.

They lost tunez, western empire collapsed. The lost egypt and syria, eastern started to collapse. Muslims were able to expand that big because their first conquests were those provinces. Thats why bagdad x1000 their population. There were actual revolts in egypt because the abasids where forcing grains into their capital.

A simple solution is to assing certain regions standard levels of food supply, and give special regions like sicily, egypt and tunez huge boosts. Holding those provinces should give big bonuses such as tax income and levies.

Of course, a mechanic should be made such as if your realm levies, including your vassal's, are over your realm supply limit, you get different type of penalties. That is a good way of preventing just random blobbing just because it makes you stronger the more you paint the map. That wasnt how history at all worked and it really bothers me.

Small nations were able to stand and rise as much armies as 3 times other nations because of food economy. That is the way its always been in history. Size really didnt matter, resources did. How well fed you could keep your country.

Levies should be based on the amount of food you can bring your country, not a base 1.3k because castle. A castle shoud only give maximum ammount of levies if you country is well fed, otherwise it should be half or whatever your countries food economy can afford.

It has to be dynamic. A region, lets say a recently conquered duchy, should be able to support 3k man by food, if its maximum levie size is 2k, then you have 1k extra food. The next time you conquer a, lets say, arid region with low food supply, it will help contribute to maixmize the levy size in that province.

adding baronies everywhere for extra standard levies when your realm was the same as always makes no sense at all, just because you have money.

Creating a barony is good, if you have extra food to support the men. A way to balance this is to actually make castles and buildings cheaper, since now to fully maximize their use you need also enough food supply.

Imagine if history was just about creating castles and suddenly 1k men for free, lol. My liege, it seems that everytime we build a castle suddenly one thousand man appear from nowhere. We should spam castles everywhere and then conquerer the world, easy.

From 1030 (should be 1037/8) onwards, the County of Vicenza is accidentally granted to a girl who's not even alive yet in 1043, presumably instead of Ezzelo I da Romano, whose character ID's only one number different from hers (the last numbers are 19 instead of 59).

Mercian character history and associated dynasty names are full of duplicates. 205112 Ceolwulf and 1226332 Ceolwulf, 194041 Wigstan and 1226201 Wigstan, 205107 Coenwulf and 1226391 Coenwulf...

Will take a look at them

Code:
968.1.30 = {
    liege = d_champagne
    holder = 91210
}
996.1.28 = {
    holder = 91211
}
1021.6.9 = {
    holder = 390
}
1037.11.15 = {
}
1047.1.2 = {
}
1066.1.1 = {
}
1089.1.1 = {
    liege = d_anjou
}
1109.4.14 = {
}

Code:
1037.11.15 = {
    law = succ_primogeniture
}
1041.1.1 = {
    liege = d_anjou
}
1060.1.1 = {
}
1066.1.1 = {
}
1109.4.14 = {
}

Looks like i screwed up somehow when pushing the starting setup backwards, thanks for reporting it bud

Venice is unplayable from 1043 till 1066, because the Morosini and Orseoli are the only patrician families, even the Doge Domenico Contarini doesn't have a patrician title till 1066. The Faliero and Dandolo families also have adult characters who would be able to serve as patricians from 1043, and again, their patrician titles currently only exist after 1066.

Guys, I have a little proposal about hungarian dynasty names. If I remember correctly, you use currently the "a " prefix solution. For example "István a Buda" or "Béla a Veszprém". The "a" means "the" in hungarian. So we talk about "István the Buda" and "Béla the Veszprém" in english. But this type of surname forming is not used in hungarian. So I think, that you should use the "i" suffix formula instead. Because the suffix "i" means "from" in hungarian. "István Budai" and "Béla Veszprémi". So "István from Buda" and "Béla from Veszprém" in english. Thats the correct way :)

We have no control over prefix versus suffix for the "of" word as defined for a culture. All we can do is provide the closest thing to "of" that we can find that works as a prefix.

The only thing we have to change is this line in a culture definition:
from_dynasty_prefix = "a "

We have no control over prefix versus suffix for the "of" word as defined for a culture. All we can do is provide the closest thing to "of" that we can find that works as a prefix.

The only thing we have to change is this line in a culture definition:
from_dynasty_prefix = "a "
According to the wiki, there is a "from_dynasty_suffix" as well, which you could set to "i" (in place of the prefix). Is it bugged or something?

According to the wiki, there is a "from_dynasty_suffix" as well, which you could set to "i" (in place of the prefix). Is it bugged or something?
I think that works only with names, not locations. E.g. Ismailid, Abdulid, but not Damascusid etc.

I think that works only with names, not locations. E.g. Ismailid, Abdulid, but not Damascusid etc.

I modyfied to myself and it's work properly :)

from_dynasty_suffix = "i"

ck2_1.png

Last edited: