• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Who are the Khalaj and Kufichi cultures meant to represent in the 867 scenario? Khalaj seem to occupy the area of the Pashtos, and there are Pashto rulers in the area so not sure of the difference. Never heard of the Kufichi, are they meant to be the pre-migration inhabitants of Balochistan? Incidentally, what I've read of Brahui seems to suggest it quite possibly wasn't spoken in that area until the 10th century, are there any sources that put them there any earlier?
The Kufichi are Iranian mountain tribes who continued to stick around for a while. The Khalaj are Turkic speakers, though I personally think the spread is a bit too much. From what I've read the Brahui may be the original Dravidian inhabitants of north-western India.

Reactions:
Who are the Khalaj and Kufichi cultures meant to represent in the 867 scenario? Khalaj seem to occupy the area of the Pashtos, and there are Pashto rulers in the area so not sure of the difference. Never heard of the Kufichi, are they meant to be the pre-migration inhabitants of Balochistan? Incidentally, what I've read of Brahui seems to suggest it quite possibly wasn't spoken in that area until the 10th century, are there any sources that put them there any earlier?

If i remember Elvains reasoning for the cultures correctly, then Afghanistan in 867 is basically impossible to get down just right. It is very muddy when it comes to provincial culture. It would be too early to put in Pashtos anywhere, they would at best be proto-Pashtos, which is what the Shahi character is meant to represent. The Khalaj are indeed Turkic speaking nomads of some sort. I can't quite remember their relationship with the later Pashtos. Elvain explained it to me once

The Kufichis: see Teutonic_Trash's response.

The Brahui. Elvain found a source a while before release that dealt with Dravidian speakers and their presence in the greater Baluchistan region. I think the region was Saka before he changed it. But Elvain was never complete comfortable with the Saka setup.

If i remember Elvains reasoning for the cultures correctly, then Afghanistan in 867 is basically impossible to get down just right. It is very muddy when it comes to provincial culture. It would be too early to put in Pashtos anywhere, they would at best be proto-Pashtos, which is what the Shahi character is meant to represent. The Khalaj are indeed Turkic speaking nomads of some sort. I can't quite remember their relationship with the later Pashtos. Elvain explained it to me once

The Kufichis: see Teutonic_Trash's response.

The Brahui. Elvain found a source a while before release that dealt with Dravidian speakers and their presence in the greater Baluchistan region. I think the region was Saka before he changed it. But Elvain was never complete comfortable with the Saka setup.
I know that in ancient times the Pashtun were known as Pactyans(Greek sources) and Paktha(Indian sources), so they had a similar name in the past.

The Kufichi are Iranian mountain tribes who continued to stick around for a while. The Khalaj are Turkic speakers, though I personally think the spread is a bit too much. From what I've read the Brahui may be the original Dravidian inhabitants of north-western India.

. . .

Sounds like some portrait setup change is in order here for CPRplus. I will appreciate more input. Especially the Khalaj and Brahui.

In the current release of the mod, all but the Brahui use the Persian portrait set, and the Brahui use the Sindhi portrait. I was thinking about giving the Pashto and Kufichi the "Sogdian" portrait set, which will feature in the early period a much more mixed profile with Indian, Persian, and Turkish elements in the next release. The late-period variants using non-pagan Turkish headgear and Persian clothes will remain the same.

Could you get the county of Peremyshl to rename to Przemysl when owned by Poland? It's really annoying to see as for now, especially for a Pole ;)

You can fix it by yourself whereas the next version is not released or if the HIP team forget the suggestion.
I remember that just search in documents / Paradox Interactive / mod / HIP / landed titles / swmh_landed_titles.txt lines dedicated to this territory and add (polish = "Przemysl") without the parentheses.
Like that:
Code:
c_peremyshl = {
     color={ 254 255 218 }
     color2= { 255 255 255 }
     polish = "Przemysl"

You can fix it by yourself whereas the next version is not released or if the HIP team forget the suggestion.
I remember that just search in documents / Paradox Interactive / mod / HIP / landed titles / swmh_landed_titles.txt lines dedicated to this territory and add (polish = "Przemysl") without the parentheses.
Like that:
Code:
c_peremyshl = {
     color={ 254 255 218 }
     color2= { 255 255 255 }
     polish = "Przemysl"

I already know that, but thanks anyway :)
I was just pointing out a possible change. I know how to change it myself.

Reactions:
I'm trying to revoke the kingdom my vassals somehow inherited and i cant because of idiotic kingdom laws that really should be overruled by empire ones but aren't for some idiotic reason and the console commands to do it keeps saying invalid even though i have checked ten time and it is spelled right and has the k_ but it still says invalid. did you make Moldova some weird thing for some reason its driving me crazy!

I'm trying to revoke the kingdom my vassals somehow inherited and i cant because of idiotic kingdom laws that really should be overruled by empire ones but aren't for some idiotic reason and the console commands to do it keeps saying invalid even though i have checked ten time and it is spelled right and has the k_ but it still says invalid. did you make Moldova some weird thing for some reason its driving me crazy!

Well look at it this way, as a titular Empire you can raise the crown authority to max and no one will complain! Since only those dejure under a title get pissed off if you mess with crown laws.

Note that only applies to the "Raised Crown Authority" thing, not the other opinion affecting stuff.

Just tried SWMH today, and if I may ask, why are there certain provinces that are not done while being inside the "usable" map. I dont mean the cut out part of India, but having holes in Persia for example (And perhaps the abbasid blob)

Just tried SWMH today, and if I may ask, why are there certain provinces that are not done while being inside the "usable" map. I dont mean the cut out part of India, but having holes in Persia for example (And perhaps the abbasid blob)

I beleave those are wastelands.

So they are permanantly left that way to show that back then aint no one had time for those places?
These areas are still uninhabited today

Yes, wastelands are places where no one goes due to extreme terrain and/or extreme climate.

Sort of. The parts of Kara-Kum and Kyzl-Kum that were _particularly_ "impassable" (pragmatically) are denoted as wasteland on the SWMH map. However, it's fairly well-established that caravans passed throughout the area during the CK2 timeframe (roads were even maintained). Nevertheless, note that the Kara-Kum has smaller, non-wasteland provinces bisecting it in SWMH.

Personally, I'd rather that these wastelands were just merged into larger provinces with the "passable" parts, as the wastelands are an aesthetic blight on the map, and at least in the case of Kara-Kum and Kyzl-Kum, they could just as historically be represented by the provinces which pass through them.

Perhaps. Or maybe because the dev team hadn't got time to do it yet? They recently made a big update, that might be the reason.

Pretty sure the dev team has confirmed that that is as much of india as they plan to add. In my opinion it is too much of india. But that is it, there are no more plans to extend the india part of the map in the near future.

That is indeed correct. We are sticking with this projection for the foreseeable future. And nothing short of a performance miracle from Paradox is likely to change that decision

And it doesn't really have anything to do with how many people play in India. It has something to do with the fact that we have to consider performance a lot more than vanilla does, considering our increased province count. We have to prioritize which parts of the map we consider most important.

And it also has quite a bit to do with the fact that we need to maintain and eventually overhaul the part of India that we have decided to add, so we need to be able to dig up motivation to do that. And none of us on the team have enough motivation to want to undertake the quite large undertaking it would be to overhaul all of India.

So Rajasthan is all you'll get with SWMH

Last edited: