• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another thing, isn't Itil a bit misplaced. In vanilla it is all the way down at the Caspian Sea. Or is that just another Vanilla fail?
Atil? thats another settlement^^
No everything is quite presicly placed, it took me more than a week to draw the riversystem.(If you find one single barrony placed in a province one pixel outside its RL position, I will happily eat somebodies hat:))
Itil in this case, is the old name for Novosil(southern most of the upper Oka principalities, and also the most important of the bunch).
I have tried keeping it uniformally 12-14th century naming in the localisation(apart from the odd speeling mistake^^), the code is all modern names so you will easily be able to chek if there is somthing you aren't shure off what is.

ETA: And when you have actually found a way to give Novgorod and Pskov sea access, couldn't the same be done for Firenze, so that it can become a republic too.
It might but, there is a certain limitation to doing it this way, ships will look super oversized on rivers no matter how much they get shrunk in side, but worse is the actual avatars for the republic ports, those are simply gigantic and really need an adjecent lake in order not to look to silly.

There is work arounds though, you can trick the engine to make inland province behave as seaprovince and that will also function for the republics allthough how this would work withtradeposts distrubution im not shure of.
And of course you can change the avatars into somthing completly different.

In the case of Novgorod they could connect the lake there to the sea, either via adjacencies (I think that'd work?) or via making the river into part of the sea, like in Hamburg.
both Novgorod and Pskov is connected^^

@Meneth

Thanks, mate! :) As I say I wasn't sure if my-long-winded-point was still the case or weather TPaT was using an older version of SWMH!

Is there a way to use the newer versions of both mods together? Or, shall we have to wait for Idib to ask you guys to use the new version and port it into TPaT?

You can probably just copy over the province history files for Scotland from SWMH. Anything beyond that and you're likely to run into compatibility issues, and even the province history files have the potential to cause some issues so back up the TPaT files first.
Try Meneth's suggestion, I can't think of better a solution. Idib should already have the current version though, so im not shure why his differs:unsure:

I was referring to the duchy of Itil. Which in vanilla is down adjacent to the Caspian Sea, but in your screens it is right south of Moscow.
oki I understand now^^ the Itil duchy below Moscow is d_novosil(it should equal the principality at its peak).
If the vanilla duchy still exsist when im done editing the steppes I will change its localisations so that it display "Atil" instead of "Itil":)

Hi! At first, thank You very much for this great mod. I've found a littel mistyke by playing your mod with PB. If I start with independent ducy of Sicily at 1077 it called County of Sicily. But this is ducy with some count vasalls and symbol, all but name. Can you fix it please?

Hi! At first, thank You very much for this great mod. I've found a littel mistyke by playing your mod with PB. If I start with independent ducy of Sicily at 1077 it called County of Sicily. But this is ducy with some count vasalls and symbol, all but name. Can you fix it please?
for now we are trying to make the mod for 1066, so if you start later, some things may be incorrect.

Fixing these little incorrections is the next step, after we finnish this current update (Africa+Rhos+Britain), then we have, as said above, Persia, south east Africa and half of Arabia... and then we can fill history files also after 1066

This is actually an attempt to portray this as historically correct as possible. The same goes for the County of Edessa, that while they were similar to duchies in prestige and size, they were still only Counts. When there was historically a Duchy in any region on the map, Aasmul has of course used it, but there never was a Duke of Sicily or Duke of Edessa.

This is actually an attempt to portray this as historically correct as possible. The same goes for the County of Edessa, that while they were similar to duchies in prestige and size, they were still only Counts. When there was historically a Duchy in any region on the map, Aasmul has of course used it, but there never was a Duke of Sicily or Duke of Edessa.

Ok, thank you very much!

I'm playing SWMH 2.615 + PB 3.1.11. I won the Crusade for the KoJ. I just inherited a city (b_montgisard) which is a vassal of c_ibelin but is not actually in the count. I checked the save file, and it's completely disconnected. I'm not sure if I screwed up the install or if there's a problem somewhere in one of the mods. It looks like there is a similar situation in Acre with Luxeuil.

EDIT: I posted something similar in the PB thread and Meneth directed me this way. :)

@elvain & highsis: From looking at Project Synergy's hotfix it appears the issue is caused by the title having no holder between Idnerth's death in 1056 and Madog's son becoming count in 1090.
It appears that Madog isn't set as count for whatever reason, so he should be added into the title history upon Idnerth's death.

Edit: Simply adding this into c_maelienydd fixes the issue:
1056.2.1={
holder=131702
}

Earl Denth of Maelineyndd still crashes in the 2nd bookmark. It is only playable in the first bookmark. (thanks for fixing that though) I looked at the txt file in titles folder but can't figure out why it keeps crashing in the 2nd bookmark. (where William had conquered England.)

Earl Denth of Maelineyndd still crashes in the 2nd bookmark. It is only playable in the first bookmark. (thanks for fixing that though) I looked at the txt file in titles folder but can't figure out why it keeps crashing in the 2nd bookmark. (where William had conquered England.)
We are very sorry, that it causes you complications and crashes and I will forward this to Axl, who's working on British update.
On the other hand if you would bother to look 3 posts above, you would read this:
for now we are trying to make the mod for 1066, so if you start later, some things may be incorrect.

Fixing these little incorrections is the next step, after we finnish this current update (Africa+Rhos+Britain), then we have, as said above, Persia, south east Africa and half of Arabia... and then we can fill history files also after 1066

Last edited:
I'd really like to use this mod but I really only want the map changes. I don't want the retinue changes, CB changes, or any other game play changes.

Is there a light version of this mod? Or is there someway I can delete part of the mod that I don't want?

Well I've been looking through the files and I thought I found a solution to my problem. I replaced the CB file with the vanilla file. I could declare holy wars like normal then but when I declared war nothing happened. The other CB's work as normal. Is there another file I have to change to get Holy wars working like vanilla?

I'd really like to use this mod but I really only want the map changes. I don't want the retinue changes, CB changes, or any other game play changes.

Is there a light version of this mod? Or is there someway I can delete part of the mod that I don't want?

Well I've been looking through the files and I thought I found a solution to my problem. I replaced the CB file with the vanilla file. I could declare holy wars like normal then but when I declared war nothing happened. The other CB's work as normal. Is there another file I have to change to get Holy wars working like vanilla?
what you did should work perfectly well:unsure: the only probelm you might experince should be with the imperial reconquest.
If you intend to have the CB's being totally like vanilla, you don't really have to include the files though, just deleting the CB folder in swmh should do the trick.

I'm playing SWMH 2.615 + PB 3.1.11. I won the Crusade for the KoJ. I just inherited a city (b_montgisard) which is a vassal of c_ibelin but is not actually in the count. I checked the save file, and it's completely disconnected. I'm not sure if I screwed up the install or if there's a problem somewhere in one of the mods. It looks like there is a similar situation in Acre with Luxeuil.

EDIT: I posted something similar in the PB thread and Meneth directed me this way. :)
will investigate.

Hi there,

I just tried out the SWMH map together with project balance and I loved it.

But: Is there a way to use "vanilla CK2 style" names for the kingdoms, cultures and titles? I.e. not the localized variants? I understand that they are a big part of the mod's aesthetic style and that a ton of work and a lot of love went into them. But I just like the original game's aesthetic style (that used mostly english language versions of those things) more.

Do you know of a mod-mod that does this?

Hi there,
Im glad you like it:)

But: Is there a way to use "vanilla CK2 style" names for the kingdoms, cultures and titles? I.e. not the localized variants? I understand that they are a big part of the mod's aesthetic style and that a ton of work and a lot of love went into them. But I just like the original game's aesthetic style (that used mostly english language versions of those things) more.

Not yet im afraid, but there will hopefully be one availble soon.
CJL and Ofalaf has made an anglicised set of loaclisation that we are trying to get to work like submod, but we haven't been able to make it run smoothly yet. For the non unique titles its easy enough though to deal with them now, just delete nobletitles.cvs and they will revert back to vanilla.

CJL and Ofalaf has made an anglicised set of loaclisation that we are trying to get to work like submod, but we haven't been able to make it run smoothly yet.
Use dependencies and have the submod override the relevant SWMH localisation files, perhaps? Alternatively simply name the submod's localisation file something earlier in the alphabet; it should then override any localisation entries with the same name present in files with names later in the alphabet.

Use dependencies and have the submod override the relevant SWMH localisation files, perhaps? Alternatively simply name the submod's localisation file something earlier in the alphabet; it should then override any localisation entries with the same name present in files with names later in the alphabet.
Dosn't work :( Have tried everything I can think of but that bunch of localisations isn't very cooperative:glare:

This should answer the question of "can Meneth override the titles?":
PJK2Uaj.jpg

Hi there,

I would be interested in something like this also. This mod is awesome but have a "light" version with only the new map changes would be awesome. I like the new titles and cultures but having the option of just the map changes would probably make this mod much more appeals for players who want smaller changes.

Anyway thanks for the time you put into this mod. It's really is amazing. The preview of Africa looks so damn cool. I can't wait for it's release.