[Mod] SW: Fallen Republic: A Stellaris Total Conversion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a ton of mods that I can't play without, so I wouldn't be able to use a total-conversion mod. Will there be any standalone mods, like for different ship set, for players like me? Also, will there be any content for the Clone Wars-era Republic or CIS?

We are looking for volunteers that have skills in writing and want to participate in the SW:FR mod. Main tasks will be writing tech/component descriptions and rewriting event texts. If you are interested please pm @Zoom on our community discord (https://discord.gg/52e4EYW) or write me a pm on the forums for further instructions.

How will the Force work in this mod? Could you potentially have Force-sensitive leaders and armies if you follow a Spiritualist path and ultimately build a new order of Force users? Considering how many years pass in an average game of Stellaris, Vader, Palpatine, etc. will all die of old age. So can new Sith Lords rise to replace them? And what about if you overthrow the Empire - can you restore the Jedi Order as Luke attempted?

How will the Force work in this mod? Could you potentially have Force-sensitive leaders and armies if you follow a Spiritualist path and ultimately build a new order of Force users? Considering how many years pass in an average game of Stellaris, Vader, Palpatine, etc. will all die of old age. So can new Sith Lords rise to replace them? And what about if you overthrow the Empire - can you restore the Jedi Order as Luke attempted?
We are not quite ready to reveal how the force will work in the mod but we do have some exciting plans.

This sunday we have the imperial fleet to showcase. Who's the first to name all the shipclasses and planets on todays pictures?

Sunday_teaser_2.png

Sunday_teaser_1.png

Oh and a sweet tease on a different topic:

https://imgur.com/K9x68Tl

From what I can tell, the above ship classes are:

Venator-Class Star Cruiser/Destroyer. There's only one here, and she's located in the very back. Hard to miss.

Dreadnought-Class Dreadnought. There are a few of them scattered around. My count is three.

Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer. The big bad boy in the middle there. Very hard to miss.

Victory-II Class Frigate. Not to be confused with the Victory-II Class Star Destroyer/Cruiser, which is not present. There are five Victory-IIs in the picture.

Immobilizer-418 Class Interdictor Cruiser. The ships with the Gravity Well Generators. They could also be Enforcer-Class Picket Cruisers, which share the same hull.

Tector-Class Star Destroyer. May very well be an Imperial-II, but we never get to see the presence or lack of a ventral hangar, so this one is a fifty-fifty. It is most certainly not an Imperial-I Star Destroyer, as the bridge control tower superstructure is less obtrusive than the X-shaped design seen on the Imperial-I.

Assertor-Class Super Star Destroyer. This one was hard to identify, but the profile seems to be that of the Assertor-Class. An alternative would be either the Mandator-Class (which is hard to find visual models of that are consistent, so I think perhaps not), or the Bellator-Class. However, the ship shown here has absolutely the wrong engine configuration to be the Bellator-Class, so I'm happy hedging my bets on the Assertor-Class.

As for the planets...

It's Abregado-dai, a volcanic moonless planet which orbits close to the star Anza in the Abregado system. Mustafar would both be too easy, and occupy the wrong orbital position, as Mustafar is the third planet orbiting it's star. Abregado-dai is the first, and is moonless, which fits the image here perfectly.

And the bonus image is of Coruscant. Brilliant work guys, looking forward to your eventual release!

Probably it has been asked before, but...
  • Will there be a "free" mode with the galaxy, tech-tree and species?
  • to which point will you reach the "artistic department"? I mean, I guess there will be a set of ships for the rebels besides the Empire but will there be for some one else? Will you use generic planets or something similar to the Coruscant teaser? Will there be created images for the species, only pictures, depending on the species..? I hope you understand what i am asking

You know, this makes me wonder. Just how big are the starfighters going to be? Will they even be big enough to see? I mean, I'm assuming and hoping there will be starfighters, but who knows with things like scaling.

I love the look of the CR-90...there is nothing better out there to invoke the feeling of good vs evil, like the first time you saw the blockade runner on the movies. Can't wait until the mod is released.