[Mod] SW: Fallen Republic: A Stellaris Total Conversion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the main menu buttons cant be the reason.
as i said and here i will proof, the menu buttons came out from the lastlevi mod:

also u all will notice that the initial upload of the lastlevi mod was ages before of @DetCord 's "remake" from it.

at least i am sure, we from pdg would accept, that detcord made these buttons in first instance for the mod of lastlevi back in 2016-17 but we didnt know it.

as far this is happen, we are willing and this is important, to add him and any creator of assets we ever missed.

but maybe i am wrong and its not the main menu button u talking about. so pls show us all what u talking about and we can clear it up.

thanks for ur patience.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-09-11 15-03-46.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-09-11 15-03-46.png
    395,1 KB · Views: 0
  • white_stripe_actualswfr.png
    white_stripe_actualswfr.png
    17,1 KB · Views: 0
  • white_stripe_lastLevismod.png
    white_stripe_lastLevismod.png
    17,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
While i am further investigate...i noticed, ur mod use other, slightly different buttons.
ur buttons may be older from other mods far before 2016 of last levis version...
but we still use last levis version as u can see here in this comparison i made.
urs difference, we haven't on swfr.

So the permission of last leviathan to use this buttons, since 4 years, is the same permission we use. but nothing to do with ur buttons.

So i am fine if u the original author and levi just changed the buttons so far to get an permission, but maybe levi just made entire new buttons...
that's anyway

Fact is we use levis buttons and so ur DMCA need to sent do levis mod, not to pdg's swfr mod, because levi is also dev of SWFR and its pretty strange he can use this on mod A but not on mod B.

From my point of view I am at least satisfied and I am really curious how you will clear this up.
Without this public forum it would be less embarrassing for one of us. if one of us would be wrong.
But we are always ready to apologize and give credits if necessary

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-09-11 15-42-54.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-09-11 15-42-54.png
    59,2 KB · Views: 0
  • Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-09-11 15-42-36.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-09-11 15-42-36.png
    63 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
finally i reached out Last Leviathan, the initial stellaris SW mod maker.
He confirmed the origin of these buttons are by Detcord.

after such ages levis permission for the buttons seems not longer granted.
there are two options, both are explained in previous too.

first, we offer to credit u and the case can closed.
second, we remove the buttons and the case can closed.

i prefer the first one @DetCord so let us all know, what ur decision will be.
and next time would be nice to try to reach out the devs of a mod before starting banhamer of steam.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I hope in the future versions of this mod, the asteroid habitats are made much more expensive or some hard cap put on them. The AI spams them like crazy and then the game starts to crawl, even with a powerful PC with more than enough horsepower.

Even when I play the smallest map, the game hard crashes in the middle of the crisis. Which might also be an issue of some bug of the resources of the crisis.

If I was doing a multiplayer session, I would probably push the end game crisis as far away as the game would allow because of it.

Reactions:
Following no response from Detcord and a lengthy investigation by Grinsel, we have elected to replace the buttons in question and would like to bring this to a close by extending an apology to Detcord.

Stay well and may the Force be with you, always.

-- SW:FR Team

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm actually playing a multiplayer game with two friends and recognized that the ai won't upgrade there star bases. Any suggestions for solving this?
To the best of my knowledge, this is a vanilla-side thing where the AI requires a certain amount of alloys to act or else it does not act at all. I can inquire with the team if we can do anything on our end to help give the AI a push. :]

Sorry I'm new to stellaris, but I downloaded the mod from steam but when I load it I don't get anything other than vanilla. Do I need certain dlc's to make this work? I only have the galaxy version. Thank You in advanced and the photos of the mod look great as well!

Sorry to ask a question and then answer my own question. In the launcher I noticed under playsets that I had some other mods that I had subscripted to before enabled that I had unsubscribed to, if that makes any sense. They weren't showing in the all installed mods tab.

Is there any info update on narrowing down the issue of the AI ship building being disabled entirely?

Since it is been referenced that its either a hardcoded issue due to the components chosen/set up in the mod itself or some hard to identify bug now present in the mod scripting.

I would probably say it would be helpful if the mod makers could provide a very lean/small test version for diagnostic purposes that exhibits this problem, that would help as it might let other mod makers or volunteers to assist in narrowing down the possibilities.

I can't count how many times using Git for regular text source code files on debugging things has helped diagnose things quickly and keep track of what was changed to fix it in my time as a software developer.

Is there any info update on narrowing down the issue of the AI ship building being disabled entirely?

Since it is been referenced that its either a hardcoded issue due to the components chosen/set up in the mod itself or some hard to identify bug now present in the mod scripting.

I would probably say it would be helpful if the mod makers could provide a very lean/small test version for diagnostic purposes that exhibits this problem, that would help as it might let other mod makers or volunteers to assist in narrowing down the possibilities.

I can't count how many times using Git for regular text source code files on debugging things has helped diagnose things quickly and keep track of what was changed to fix it in my time as a software developer.
The issue has been resolved for a little bit now, we've been beta testing the fix to stress test and see how things are working. People are free to apply for the beta and help out; folks that display notable activity and contributions are asked if they'd like to stay on while the rest are thanked for their help and the beta tester list is wiped for the next round of beta testers. You can, of course, re-apply come next beta.

It wasn't a complicated issue, just an annoying one. :] To make a long story short, every single ship needed to be assigned a value for the AI to understand when it should build it, prior to 3.0, the values could be set to 100 and it would simply make as many as it could of whatever it could. Now, they can't all be done that way and so we had to go in and give each ship in each shipset its own value; tedious work, annoying work, but not objectively difficult work.

All that considered, we plan on releasing the hotfix shortly and if other modders wish to come on and help; our doors are always open. :]