• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DracGaming

Private
33 Badges
Nov 27, 2016
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Island Bound
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
Many of Paradox's published games have some form of mod support. Having heavily modded Stellaris, myself, I wonder if we would get that level of mod support, because Age of Wonders 3 had some rather lack-luster mods, to be blunt...

From what I understood from the devs at PDXCon mod support will be significantly better than in Age of Wonders 3. First of all they already have some experience with it now and can learn from mistakes made in Age of Wonders 3, and secondly I think they're building Planetfall with the possibility of mod support in mind. In AoW 3 it was more tacked on later which is obviously way harder as you're stuck with the pre-existing structure and trying to fit mods in there without breaking the core underneath.

Also, I think the modding is going to be a lot closer to that of AoW3 than paradox titles. Because it's a modified creator engine. There was no XML modding, just localization in XML

The one thing I hope for is kind of easier graphical modding. I've modded the game a lot, and I had so much stuff I'd have added in addition to that - an Underground dwelling, an 8th Class, a monster/summon/Animal for each race - alas, I couldn't handle the graphics.

Wouldn't bet on it. However, some of the devs I spoke to said they would advocate to get us able to mod animations. If that works out, we could add whatever units we want.

It'll still require modelling experience, tho.

They're also working on getting a good pipeline to import blender models. However, there's no promises, just like for the rest of this post.