• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mrpellaeon

Sergeant
Dec 1, 2018
I have a question to ask. Now that the game is running good on xbox series s/x, is there any future plans to finally bring mods to the console version of stellaris? I know I haven't been the only one asking for this for year's now, but if mod support finally came to console stellaris I'd be pretty happy that's for sure!

Paradox has said they want to look into it, but nothing is set in stone

Mod support for any game is always a challenge, and with the technical limits of the older systems, it may make that challenge even harder to do [if not downright impossible]

Most games on console that do have mod support have a limit on mods, either by the size of the mod or how many mods you can have installed

So even if we do get mod support, it would likely take some time before we see any, because any PC mod would need to be reworked for console, and even then many things that do exist in those mods might not make it to console to fit the limits that end up imposed

unless the mods go through paradox's servers it will never happen, Sony and microsoft allowed mods on skyrim and fallout 4 with a mandatory requirement that they are only downloadable in-game via bethesda.net and contain no external assets.

Paradox has said they want to look into it, but nothing is set in stone

Mod support for any game is always a challenge, and with the technical limits of the older systems, it may make that challenge even harder to do [if not downright impossible]

Most games on console that do have mod support have a limit on mods, either by the size of the mod or how many mods you can have installed

So even if we do get mod support, it would likely take some time before we see any, because any PC mod would need to be reworked for console, and even then many things that do exist in those mods might not make it to console to fit the limits that end up imposed
That and the people who make mods on PC are always having to update their mods to stay up to date with the changing PC builds and DLC etc, so I doubt a lot of them would even have the will power to bother, it's not like they're getting anything out of it besides recognition and the knowledge that they've made someone else's game more playable and fun, and they already have that on PC, so I sincerely doubt we'll get anywhere near the mod supply/support PC have. If I could get Crisis agression, all crisis, Gigastructures, NSC and maybe the pop limit remover when we get the update that limits pop growth I'd be happy

Upvote 0
That and the people who make mods on PC are always having to update their mods to stay up to date with the changing PC builds and DLC etc, so I doubt a lot of them would even have the will power to bother, it's not like they're getting anything out of it besides recognition and the knowledge that they've made someone else's game more playable and fun, and they already have that on PC, so I sincerely doubt we'll get anywhere near the mod supply/support PC have. If I could get Crisis agression, all crisis, Gigastructures, NSC and maybe the pop limit remover when we get the update that limits pop growth I'd be happy
On top of that, before we get mod support we need to get the bug with fleets not following Juggernauts through hyperlanes and gateways sorted as soon as possible. When you have 6 fleets it is very tedious having to set a destination for each one, then when they get there setting them to follow the Juggernaut again. We also need more power for Juggernauts because even with max reactor boosters you can still only have less than half the shield slots

On top of that, before we get mod support we need to get the bug with fleets not following Juggernauts through hyperlanes and gateways sorted as soon as possible. When you have 6 fleets it is very tedious having to set a destination for each one, then when they get there setting them to follow the Juggernaut again. We also need more power for Juggernauts because even with max reactor boosters you can still only have less than half the shield slots
It currently has 3200 power with a Zero Point reactor, it should have 4000 IMO, I was gonna say 5000 but I did the math and that would narrowly give it enough shield slots for all slots minus 1, so I think it should have 4000 and the Dark Matter reactor should give it 5000.

Upvote 0
We won't have as much of an issue with that on console, since we rarely get patch updates outside of the big update that comes with each expansion pass and the mini update that hits with each DLC

Don't 100% count on a bug fix until at least after Ancient Relics comes out, unless the bug is a big enough of a problem that might cause various issues within the game system

I don't know how long it takes for Tantalus to get word of any bug reports we make on the Stellaris Console Bug Report Forums from Paradox, and given they have a much smaller team, it makes it difficult to work on multiple things at once

• 1Like
Reactions:
We won't have as much of an issue with that on console, since we rarely get patch updates outside of the big update that comes with each expansion pass and the mini update that hits with each DLC
My point was that this IS a problem on PC, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want to bother remaking the mod on two platforms when they're almost constantly having to keep the PC version up to date

it will be easier once we're actually properly caught up, even if just to Necroids

but as i said before, it is something they said they will look into when that occurs

they might have some ideas in place to try and get it sorted, or they might be waiting for that to happen before they go down that road