• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SirBumpaous

Recruit
22 Badges
Apr 5, 2019
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Are there any plans to support mods on Stellaris console edition? I’m new to the forums. I only made a forum post account thingy to find out.
Mainly because I see some amazing mods that interest me and I want to know if I’ll be able to download them on Xbox one day. ^^

Are there any plans to support mods on Stellaris console edition? I’m new to the forums. I only made a forum post account thingy to find out.
Mainly because I see some amazing mods that interest me and I want to know if I’ll be able to download them on Xbox one day. ^^

If you check over at mods.paradoxplaza.com you will see there is xbox mod support for surviving mars and cities skylines games.

Like you I am practically dying here waiting for paradox to *please* hurry up and announce mod support for stellaris on xbox one and get mods going!

To my way of thinking it's bad form making us wait week after week with no official announcement of when mod support will happen, and if you ask the two guys from paradox who stream stellaris on twitch every tuesday they can't seem to give you an official answer or just don't know.

Come three weeks from now the game will have been out for two months.

I really hope we do see mod support in the next month or even two max because mods will be what extends the life of this game and which will encourage more people to buy stellaris on console because of mod support.

How about leaving Paradox alone about what Stellaris: Console Edition needs and what you want from it, they're the publisher not the developer who made the port.

You'll never get an official response from them because they're not the ones working on it.

How about leaving Paradox alone about what Stellaris: Console Edition needs and what you want from it, they're the publisher not the developer who made the port.

You'll never get an official response from them because they're not the ones working on it.

Actually tantalus only port what Paradox tells them to port.. Paradox writes the PC version then gives the files to a third party and says give me a console version of that.. End of discussion

Actually tantalus only port what Paradox tells them to port.. Paradox writes the PC version then gives the files to a third party and says give me a console version of that.. End of discussion

How does one contact Tantalus to figure out if there is a request from Paradox to add mod support and to port mods to Stellaris Console edition?
If they’re the ones who made the console port, they’d be the ones who make the mod compatibility ports. So maybe they would have an official answer?

We know there is a number of requests for mods on the console edition. :)

The platform is live, as you've all seen and it's working with Cities Skylines and Surviving Mars. The dev team that developed the platform got a lot of constructive feedback about it and is working to make the requested changes. There are definitely hopes to make that platform successful and have it support more than just 2 games in the future.

Stellaris and upcoming Age of Wonders: Planetfall are the candidate that are in the open now, but we'll most likely be doing more console ports and releases in the future. What game gets that support next and when, isn't something that's set in stone yet. As soon as there is an announcement to make, you'll hear about it for sure though!

• 1Like
Reactions:

The platform is live, as you've all seen and it's working with Cities Skylines and Surviving Mars. The dev team that developed the platform got a lot of constructive feedback about it and is working to make the requested changes. There are definitely hopes to make that platform successful and have it support more than just 2 games in the future.

Stellaris and upcoming Age of Wonders: Planetfall are the candidate that are in the open now, but we'll most likely be doing more console ports and releases in the future. What game gets that support next and when, isn't something that's set in stone yet. As soon as there is an announcement to make, you'll hear about it for sure though!

Thank you. ^^

I love MODs but I'm in no rush to do so.

At the risk of showing my age here I played "Freelancer" to death and then some, and after doing everything that could possibly be done... I found that MODs were an amazing way to inject new life into a game I loved to bits.

Great games are more than just great games. They are works of art and as such they are meant to be enjoyed for what they are before you start altering them.

Some people would say I am poor that I have to play "Stellaris: Console Edition" which is based on 1.7 because there have been so many "improvements" when you look at the up to date PC version.

I say I am rich to experience the game in that format and then enjoy how it evolves and grows into the version people are playing on the PC right now.

What an amazing game to both let and encourage you to enjoy the experience.

I love how it defies the convention by insisting you play it... rather than grab a "L33T Roadmap" checklist of how someone else played the game.

In an age where we have so much information available at our fingertips and have our wants and desires satisfied so immediately and quickly...

It's brilliant to discover a game that recaptures the joys of discover, exploration, trial and error and earned success the likes of which are just not seen today.

And if you love MODs then it's got to be even more encouraging that Paradox are starting to support this for the console versions of their games.

Is CK2 in the running to be ported? And if so could it one day receive mod support for say AGOT? I wish that Paradox would get a licensing deal with HBO and just hire the AGOT team, but until I get a new PC console modding is the best future I can see to get back to it.

It was always something we wanted to look into, but some things do take time. As soon as there's an update to be made on that front, we'll let you all know. :)

Real Space is a decent mod. But some are just meh...

Hi I am new to the forums and I am just wondering if there have been any new updates on Stellaris getting modding support.
no updates

though they have said in the past, either here or in their various update videos that they want to do it/look into mod support for console edition of stellaris, but it would need to wait until the game is caught up with the pc edition

and given how far behind we are....that is a far ways off

Reactions:
I wouldn't say that, we are probably jumping to 2.5 for lithoids.
I can't see a reason for them to jump us to 2.5 just for Lithoids

it is easy enough to give us just the species pack [plus any direct changes the species pack brings] and nothing else from that patch (it was mostly bug fixes or general updates)

expansion pass 4 should be the next big jump, taking us from 2.2.7 to 2.8